Whoooboy....

RacingRoger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKZ, F-150 Lariat, 2022 Mustang GT Premium
https://www.wane.com/news/local-news/police-clock-mustang-going-130-mph-on-us-33-driver-proud/

US33 coming out of Fort Wayne Indiana is a decent 2 lane blacktop with wide asphalt shoulders. Still, 130 mph is stupid, especially with the deer we have in this part of the country...
Not sure what it's going to take to get through to this kid. Level 6 felony and probably lose his car, amongst what else? Lucky he didn't lose his life -- or take anyone else with him.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure what it's going to take to get through to this kid.
given his choice of license tag, probably calamity. Though I think a stint in "Frontline Infantry" in Ukraine might speed up the process.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
What a moron. And he had a passenger. Luckily nobody got hurt and that felony will follow him on any future background check thatā€™s run for employment.

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Ya can't fix stupid.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
https://www.wane.com/news/local-news/police-clock-mustang-going-130-mph-on-us-33-driver-proud/

US33 coming out of Fort Wayne Indiana is a decent 2 lane blacktop with wide asphalt shoulders. Still, 130 mph is stupid, especially with the deer we have in this part of the country...
Not sure what it's going to take to get through to this kid. Level 6 felony and probably lose his car, amongst what else? Lucky he didn't lose his life -- or take anyone else with him.
shit i did that last weekend racing a C8 before backing off cause i didn't know the area too well.

130 is nothing.

Sponsored

PSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 17 F150, 00 MB C230 Kompressor
This was definitely not the best judgement on this kidā€™s part, but a felony charge is excessive. I would venture to say many us here have done something equally stupid, and managed to get by without a felony over it.
I remember being 17 and jumping my old F250 in a hilly neighborhood at 11 PM. Silly cops never even knew.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
This was definitely not the best judgement on this kidā€™s part, but a felony charge is excessive. I would venture to say many us here have done something equally stupid, and managed to get by without a felony over it.
I remember being 17 and jumping my old F250 in a hilly neighborhood at 11 PM. Silly cops never even knew.
Shit here in VA anything over 85 is a felony with required court appearance.

Jayson Werth (MLB player for the Natioanls) got caught doing 105 on the belt way years ago. Had to sever his sentence on the weekends.

" In 2015, he pled guilty on a reckless driving charge after going 105 mph (169 km/h) in an area where the speed limit was 55 mph (89 km/h). He was sentenced to five days in jail, and his driver's license was suspended for 30 days."

PSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 17 F150, 00 MB C230 Kompressor
Shit here in VA anything over 85 is a felony with required court appearance.

Jayson Werth (MLB player for the Natioanls) got caught doing 103 on the belt way years ago. Had to sever his sentence on the weekends.
Looks like Iā€™d be getting the chair šŸ˜‚

GrayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
shit i did that last weekend racing a C8 before backing off cause i didn't know the area too well.

130 is nothing.
130mph on a highway is nothing, but in a 45mph zone, thatā€™s a lot! Lol

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Looks like Iā€™d be getting the chair šŸ˜‚
You and me both!

I topped my old RSX-S out right near where he was caught. 146mph.

I've never taken the Mustang over 85 ever...šŸ˜

Sponsored

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
doesn't matter. no victim no crime. this is insanity.
I think Iā€™m in this camp. 12:30 AM Sunday morning!! Unless the passenger was an unwilling participant I donā€™t see anyone here at risk that didnā€™t choose to be. Live and let live. Adults making choices. We all do.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
doesn't matter. no victim no crime. this is insanity.
Problem with that though is if his first cuffing involves casualties it's a little too late for the innocent parties. Maybe this will be a small dose of reality check, that serves the public interest. Unfortunately probably not.

30 days jail, forfeiture of car - even better he gets to push the button on the crusher, and 1 year no license. Hey he can bloody well Uber. Or ride a push bike.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Problem with that though is if his first cuffing involves casualties it's a little too late for the innocent parties....
what innocent party? here's my bet: you'd rather throw someone in prison for not hurting anyone than give the appropriate punishment.

speeding shouldn't be a crime unless it causes harm and in that case a person is responsible for the harm they caused which they must pay restitution to the victim (not the state).

take a life? give your life. that's the rules.

that's actual justice not this pre-crime bullshit that punishes all of us by making us pay for prisoners who shouldn't be enslaved.
Sponsored