Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Ptetty much every subject matter on earth has been post and gone in circles at least 3 times in this thread. :facepalm:

No:

1. This morning we got confirmation the 7.3 is built like a tank (this was an open question as to if the motor could handle performance mods).

2. That the Coyote is in trouble as demand tanks and employees that would have been laid off will instead have their jobs saved by the 7.3 production.

3. Information about where the 7.3 will be made, when and staffing requirements.

That was new information nobody wanted to talk about but is new stuff that I had to link to after the fact. That was just today.

Also - and this is an exclusive - we may have a new 7.3 promotional song that could be pitched to Ford!

Other than that, not much happened in the thread so far today...

Nothing to see here!

Sponsored

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I was taking production. But now that you put the idea out there....

I think the 7.3 could migrate to the F150. Why not? Oh yes. EPA and CAFE. So watch the swaps happen...

In Canada especially in BC and Ontario, none of that matters.
Except Canada is not the place where the f150 sells the most. The 7.3 will never go into an f150.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I am so F ing surprised this troll thread is still going the mods must be LTFAO

Because it isn’t a troll thread!

I gave up posting when I put up the “let it be Beatles video”. People kept it going and baiting me to come back.

I decided to let it drop from page one last night. Didn’t happen. Others are keeping it alive so you can’t say this is my troll thread. Sure there is some stuff that came out yesterday that paints a bleak future for the Coyote (dropping popularity and layoffs) so I get that isn’t popular here. But it is relevant stuff to the thread as well as new information on the 7.3.

Like I said I was hoping the thing would fall off page one as opposed to being locked for the dumbest of reasons. Locking it goes against every free expression fibre of my being - but it won’t happen.

Why: Because it is not a troll thread!

Having said that. I like the new information on the 7.3. The swap is still a possibility!

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Seems to me like this 7.3 might be just another brand new engine for Ford to get wrong. I'd give it a year or two to allow the motorhome enthusiasts to find the faults.
Actually from the Popular Mechanics article it seems Ford really went whole hog on making the motor bulletproof which is the way I like it. Even being built in Windsor like the old motors were named!

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.pop...ucks/amp27310861/ford-73-liter-gas-v8-engine/

After well over 100 pages of discussion about the Coyote vs. Godzilla war, it turns out there will be layoffs at the Essex Engine Plant which makes the Coyote with the laid off personnel going to the new 7.3 Godzilla production line in Windsor. Just too funny and ironic given the course of this thread. But that discussion and news stories that came out in the last couple of days are totally relevant to this thread, and not a reason to lock it (which is the real reason for the push it lock the thread now).

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2...emand-prompts-shift-cut-at-ford-engine-plant/

This site produces journalism which has to meet the usual standards of objectivity and all the rest. This website should also adhere to those same principles of openness in discussion and objectivity and the ability for all to participate without being harassed based opinion, or muzzled because the information they bring may not be popular to the community as a whole. I have provided more sources for my arguments than anyone else in this thread. And I am a journalist (pretty sure about that), and this is not a troll thread.

If it means so much to you guys, just let it drop from page one. I may reply to those who bump it up but I am cool to let it drop out of sight personally. Are those the actions of a troll?

Last edited:

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I for one have been a mechanic all my life and have built countless motors, done restorations, etc. and I'm almost 53. This whole idea of putting one of these big blocks in a Mustang is not ridiculous in any sense of reality. Cost effective? Maybe not, but to me this idea is purely an American thing. I've seen guys put Cummins diesels in modern Ford pickups and farm tractors and all sorts of crazy things. There's a local guy around here with a small block Chevy engine in a Porshe which looks like it's right at home.

I think this thread has resulted in all sorts of insults, bashing and ridiculing and it's frankly somewhat immature in some aspects. If I walked up to a Mustang and saw this engine nestled in the engine bay I would immediately respect the guy responsible and strike up a conversation even though it's not a project I'd take on. This thread has pretty much run it's course, but I wouldn't doubt it if it runs another 100 pages because some people just have to get the last word in.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
I for one have been a mechanic all my life and have built countless motors, done restorations, etc. and I'm almost 53. This whole idea of putting one of these big blocks in a Mustang is not ridiculous in any sense of reality. Cost effective? Maybe not, but to me this idea is purely an American thing. I've seen guys put Cummins diesels in modern Ford pickups and farm tractors and all sorts of crazy things. There's a local guy around here with a small block Chevy engine in a Porshe which looks like it's right at home.

I think this thread has resulted in all sorts of insults, bashing and ridiculing and it's frankly somewhat immature in some aspects. If I walked up to a Mustang and saw this engine nestled in the engine bay I would immediately respect the guy responsible and strike up a conversation even though it's not a project I'd take on. This thread has pretty much run it's course, but I wouldn't doubt it if it runs another 100 pages because some people just have to get the last word in.
There is a perfectly good reason to put a Chevy engine in a Porsche(reliability and cost), and you can buy a kit for the conversion. Is there a kit for the 7.3 conversion. NO, Why is there is no kit for the conversion, because it makes NO F*&^#$ SENSE. Can it be done, sure. Will it ever be done, probably not.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
There is a perfectly good reason to put a Chevy engine in a Porsche(reliability and cost), and you can buy a kit for the conversion. Is there a kit for the 7.3 conversion. NO, Why is there is no kit for the conversion, because it makes NO F*&^#$ SENSE. Can it be done, sure. Will it ever be done, probably not.
What's even funnier is the fact that the 7.3 isn't even in production yet

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I for one have been a mechanic all my life and have built countless motors, done restorations, etc. and I'm almost 53. This whole idea of putting one of these big blocks in a Mustang is not ridiculous in any sense of reality.
What would make a lot more sense would be a more car-suitable version in aluminum based off of this 7.3. Maybe a few CID smaller, maybe a bit more oversquare in the process . . .

Norm

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
What's even funnier is the fact that the 7.3 isn't even in production yet

Yes - which is why those who say this thread has run it’s course are wrong. We don’t even know if it fits in the Mustang properly. Forget about production - we don’t even have specifications yet. We don’t know if there will be a crate motor - but there probably will be.

But everyone knows the swap is all bad...

Everyone figures everything is settled so lock the thread...

No, nothing has been settled. But I won’t hurt any egos if discussing an engine swap brings people to the edge of a nervous breakdown. It’s a friggin discussion about engines! It’s not the upcoming Jillian Assange trial. Nobody is going to prison or the electric chair. This thread on some car enthusiast board is not the battlefield to throw away your values of free speech or morals out the door!

I get it. You love your car and some of you make that big 900 buck set of payments to drive it every month. I get it - I was one of you back when I was in my 20s. I don’t even mind the name calling and all the rest. I love a bar fight and places like here are one of the last bastions where men can be men. It just bugs me when someone gets too upset and wants his mommy and wants the discussion stopped - just because! Forget about all the other people who contributed, you want it stopped so go to the man and have him do your dirty work. That’s the only thing that would piss me off. Everything else is good to go! Be yourself. No politically correct crap in this thread. We have already proved it...

Last edited:

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I just think people are going to do what the hell they want when it comes to this kind of thing and I have no problem at all with someone that wants to do this swap. I'm completely aware of the iron vs aluminum block and the costs involved, but to some guys, they just want to do something different and that's their business.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I just think people are going to do what the hell they want when it comes to this kind of thing and I have no problem at all with someone that wants to do this swap. I'm completely aware of the iron vs aluminum block and the costs involved, but to some guys, they just want to do something different and that's their business.

That’s another thing.

Up till June 2017, I had only driven cars with iron blocks. And not some 4 cylinder iron duke, last one was a 5.7 LT1, and it never once occurred to me that it should have been aluminum. Same with my old Windsor’s V8s. Maybe 50-70 pounds more. Move the battery to the trunk and you lose nothing. But you don’t have the single use disposable blocks like the Coyote has now. You can bore it out to 500 cubic inches! You can rebuild it, there are some positives to this motor!

Guys, give the motor a chance! It’s not the evil incarnate for heavens sake!

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
And I’m being truly honest with you guys now.

The thought of a 500 cubic inch motor in an S550 actually gets me excited. Back in the day you only saw 500 cubes in a car like the Cadillac Eldorado.

That’s why I love this motor.

Let it rip Godzilla!!!!!

Sponsored

Last edited: