Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
My personal feelings have nothing to do with the course of technology or the progression of combustion engines. I work for one of the largest automotive companies in the world. Almost 2 years ago, we merged all combustion engine divisions into one entity, as combustion engines are looking like they will become less of our business in the near future. We are making massive investments into EV and hybrid development. You should be happy. A mustang with an ecoboost and 48V hybrid assist would be a torque monster. It would be instant torque as well.

Then ditch the 4 pot and give me my full EV Mustang as I wanted way back when. Anything is better than this death by a thousand cuts to the Mustang brand.

You should know that faced with the thought of an all 4 cylinder Mustang lineup, you are driving the narrative in my direction for an aftermarket 7.3 swap solution. With 120 people just laid off the Coyote production line, and that indifferent attitude to Coyote engine issues, just leads me to believe the Coyote has a definite EOL date and is not long for this earth. What then? The only Ford V8 engine still in production would be Godzilla!

The 7.3 swap is more and more a protest vote against the current trends. Sure it’s an old man’s car. But it’s pure old fashioned muscle car at its heart.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Don't feed the troll guys. It's on repeat.

Logical statements, facts are rebutted with nonsense and emotion. No counterargument with substance. Please let it die...

Name calling, labeling, and so on. Nice rule book you play by. And so who is using rational arguments on performance cars that are sold via irrational advertising ploys.

This is hilarious! Someone tell me why we need a 460 horsepower passenger street vehicle that makes rational sense? It’s all about ego and emotion!

You almost made me snort my chicken noodle soup out my nose...

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Then ditch the 4 pot and give me my full EV Mustang as I wanted way back when. Anything is better than this death by a thousand cuts to the Mustang brand.

You should know that faced with the thought of an all 4 cylinder Mustang lineup, you are driving the narrative in my direction for an aftermarket 7.3 swap solution. With 120 people just laid off the Coyote production line, and that indifferent attitude to Coyote engine issues, just leads me to believe the Coyote has a definite EOL date and is not long for this earth. What then? The only Ford V8 engine still in production would be Godzilla!

The 7.3 swap is more and more a protest vote against the current trends. Sure it’s an old man’s car. But it’s pure old fashioned muscle car at its heart.
A 7.3 with a Kinsler style fuel injection style set up would be cool.

A electric Mustang gets nothing but negative comments from all who could afford one.......
Electric hybrid just doesn't light anybody's fire.

The days of Hot Rodding and grass root racing is coming to a end.

But after finding out that TMeyer is offering the Mod Motor bell housing bolt pattern.
A all alloy Cleveland with modern updates my steal the show.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Passing on curvy FM roads and Merging on I-35 (also the reason for the gigantic front brakes).

I wasn’t expecting a reply. I’m all for it. I was just pointing to the hypocrisy of discounting emotional arguments about a car that is all about emotion and feelings.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Damn this troll thread is still going :facepalm:

Sponsored

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
There is a perfectly good reason to put a Chevy engine in a Porsche(reliability and cost), and you can buy a kit for the conversion. Is there a kit for the 7.3 conversion. NO, Why is there is no kit for the conversion, because it makes NO F*&^#$ SENSE. Can it be done, sure. Will it ever be done, probably not.
Motor is not on the market......there are two companies building K members for the swap.
Several are looking to build intake manifolds.

This swap is going to happen and very often.

The Coyote is good for about 600hp before a blower is mandatory.
Once you do that, any weight advantage the Coyote had is out the window.
This also includes being reliable......too many glass bones in that engine.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Looks like a S550 based Mustang won the last Trans Am Series race.
358cid pushrod motor making 850+N/A hp.

Like I've stated before, there are more S550 Mustangs racing with Pushrod motors than not.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Like I've stated before, there are more S550 Mustangs racing with Pushrod motors than not
That is pure bullshit fabrication. Massively incorrect.

JPSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Motor is not on the market......there are two companies building K members for the swap.
Several are looking to build intake manifolds.
Curious where you found this information, reference please!!

JPSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like a S550 based Mustang won the last Trans Am Series race.
358cid pushrod motor making 850+N/A hp.

Like I've stated before, there are more S550 Mustangs racing with Pushrod motors than not.
I hope your not talking the TA/TA2 class, because that is no more a mustang than my wife's minivan. Sure it has the body (which is fiber glass and carbon fiber bits) and badging but that's about it, tubular frame with just a shell is not considered an S550 it is a full bred race car made to resemble one.... you could literally put whatever engine you wish in that thing (within the rules of course)!!
Besides all that, the way you state things make it sound like they took a production car and transplanted this engine into it, not the case.
Sponsored