Sponsored

Who still has the C-Pillar rattle/buzz?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Somebody posted a video isolating the airbag cylinder behind the C-pillar trim piece...but never came back to say if it solved it. Has anybody else done that? Removing the parcel shelf is certainly a lot more involved, and maybe unnecessary, since we could stuff crap from the trunk, if needed, no?

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I just removed the c-pillar cover. I don’t think it’s coming from there. I would have bet anything it was until now.

It’s a creaking and paper crinkling type of sound. It may be from the right, rear suspension or the trunk. Haha.

it’s maddening.

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I think my issue has to do with the parcel shelf/package tray. Do you have to remove the rear seat back's to get the shelf off?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Mine is bad enough that I'll have to delve into it very soon. Geez.

Sponsored

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Mine is bad enough that I'll have to delve into it very soon. Geez.
I took it to 2 dealerships, 3 times total and they were useless. Mine is pretty bad
So today I had enough and decided to risk it. Believe me, I’m a total novice, but I have had it with the creaking.

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
This creaking is driving me nuts. It’s not the C-pillar. The dealerships have been worthless. Here is a video of what I’m experiencing.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
That is a heck of a noise. Have you pulled the fender liner out to make sure there are no rocks rattling around in there? I had that issue and it was annoying as hell to track down.

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
That is a heck of a noise. Have you pulled the fender liner out to make sure there are no rocks rattling around in there? I had that issue and it was annoying as hell to track down.
Hi. Not yet. Was that your issue? Thanks.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, there was a rock in there above the rear passenger fender liner and it was rattling against the inside of the metal part of the fender. It would only make noise at highway speeds for me, but I’m sure that all depends on the size/shape of the rock. Same basic noise, though.

Sponsored

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Yep, there was a rock in there above the rear passenger fender liner and it was rattling against the inside of the metal part of the fender. It would only make noise at highway speeds for me, but I’m sure that all depends on the size/shape of the rock. Same basic noise, though.
Truthfully, I’m not sure how to remove the liner. Do I need to have the car on a lift?

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It would help to jack up the rear end and pull the wheel out, but you can at least reach up above the wheel and pull the liner down a bit where it meets the vertical part of the fender. You might get lucky and something will fall out.

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
It would help to jack up the rear end and pull the wheel out, but you can at least reach up above the wheel and pull the liner down a bit where it meets the vertical part of the fender. You might get lucky and something will fall out.
Thanks for the advice. This issue makes driving the car a dreadful experience. Ford quality is complete garbage.

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
Thanks for the advice. This issue makes driving the car a dreadful experience. Ford quality is complete garbage.
Yes, unfortunately. I have 38,000 miles on my GT and I keep hearing new buzzing and rattling sounds from different parts of the interior. I am constantly chasing them and when I resolve one, another once shows up. Its not easy to get to all of them either as it requires taking off door panels and other interior trim and even then the issues are not resolved. The car feels extremely poorly put together. I have had cheap cars in the past but nothing has topped the lack of QC compared to my GT. Its sad because I love the car :/

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Progress!!!

I went to an independent shop and this guy was tenacious. He seems to have found the problem. It was in the trunk area; the sheet metal above the electronics module seems to have poor weld points.

He had to remove the subwoofer and the trunk liner to get to the module on the right side.I then took it to a Ford dealer right afterwords and they are sending it to a body shop.

Here is the video we took at the independent shop:

4C6C40C0-A1A7-4238-97FA-113697BC359A.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: