Who has this kit any feed back M-6066-M8

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Looking for feedback on the Ford performance kit M-6066-M8.
Sponsored

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
OP
OP
Smunczen

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Must have searched incorrectly.
Thanks

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Hope you have some time on your hands. You have to read every post. There will be a quiz when you are finished. :crackup:

OP
OP
Smunczen

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Hope you have some time on your hands. You have to read every post. There will be a quiz when you are finished. :crackup:
Certainly lots to diegest. I had a 17 RS3 roush. I'm just curiuos how the new setup is doing before i buy it.

Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Certainly lots to diegest. I had a 17 RS3 roush. I'm just curiuos how the new setup is doing before i buy it.
There are mixed messages about it. I am very happy with it. It depends a lot on your goals for the car. I wanted perfect drivability and acceleration as good or better than a stock Hellcat, ZL1, or GT500....at a cost far less than those. That is exactly what I got. The powertrain warranty was a plus, too. I had no intention of turning my car into a race car. I do take it to the strip occasionally where it consistently runs high 10s comfortably and reliably.

In terms of potential for more power, the Roush is somewhat limited by a smallish throttle body and the small intercooler under the supercharger. There are guys with custom tunes and cooling mods that can run high 9s but if that is your goal, I would not recommend the Roush kit.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
As you do research on the Roush/Ford Performance kit, you should know that there have been a few tune revisions since the phase 2 kit was introduced. You may see comments about the phase 1 kit or phase 2 with an early tune calibration. Many of those are not really relevant with the current kit.

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
Its a great kit for the street daily driver type. I would not recommend it for any drag strip or track use. It has a less than ideal intercooler setup and will heat up and cut power after repeated hard pulls. That being said, I did a few small pulls on the interstate the other day in 95F Florida and it never cut power.

Mine is a daily driver and I love it.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Its a great kit for the street daily driver type. I would not recommend it for any drag strip or track use. It has a less than ideal intercooler setup and will heat up and cut power after repeated hard pulls. That being said, I did a few small pulls on the interstate the other day in 95F Florida and it never cut power.

Mine is a daily driver and I love it.
I would just add that you can enjoy drag racing it as long as the temps are under the low-mid 80s. I have run back to back with absolutely no reduction in performance.

OP
OP
Smunczen

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
For me it’s a car I drive on The Weekends and whenever. So no track time for me did that years ago. I have a 20 PP2 so a perfect fit as far as the car goes. I already have the power pack 2 upgrade and want a little more FP power.

Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
For me it’s a car I drive on The Weekends and whenever. So no track time for me did that years ago. I have a 20 PP2 so a perfect fit as far as the car goes. I already have the power pack 2 upgrade and want a little more FP power.
The Roush kit makes very strong low and mid-range torque. Should work well with your manual transmission.

jhunt47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Y
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Even with the few issues I’ve had would still recommend it for a daily or weekend car. I had done several back to back runs on the freeway and it hasn’t pulled power that I can tell. I’ve also did 3 runs on the dyno with maybe a minute cool down in between and it never cut power. It’s fast enough to put a smile on my face every time I drive it.
Granger did a great job on install and price with them can’t be beat. The warranty is nice as well.
If you a supercharger that you got good drivability and decent power and a warranty the Roush/Frpp blower can’t be beat.

OP
OP
Smunczen

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Good feedback so far!

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I’ll let you know my summer drag strip numbers tonight. It’s had a couple tune revisions since last summer. From November to May it’s a beast.

On the street it doesn’t pull much power when launching in the summer. Considering how fast it hits a 100mph it’s not much of a concern on the street. :)

gtcs20148

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
Putting mine in the shop Friday to have this kit installed. Shop is also putting in the Billet OPGs at the same time. Looking forward to the results.
Sponsored