Who got their Windows Tinted?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
That's what the cop told me when he gave me the ticket but when I got my notice in the mail there was the option to just pay the fine and take no further action. Mine was about $170, IIRC.
Yeah, why give up the opportunity to collect more money the next time they pull you over! Someone planned that out, for sure. That tells me that they are 100% ignoring the reasoning behind ticketing for dark windows (safety) in lieu of generating revenue. It's great that you have options but I hate hypocrisy in government. It's either safe, or it's not.
Sponsored

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
Yeah, why give up the opportunity to collect more money the next time they pull you over! Someone planned that out, for sure. That tells me that they are 100% ignoring the reasoning behind ticketing for dark windows (safety) in lieu of generating revenue. It's great that you have options but I hate hypocrisy in government. It's either safe, or it's not.
Precisely!

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I had no idea you could just pay a fine anymore. I thought that fix it tickets now required what ever needed fixing be fixed and signed off that it had been done. How much was the fine?
$350 :frusty:

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
:eyebulge: That's more than I paid to get my car tinted!
Yea, I went for the high end stuff. I could leave my arm on the door in the middle of the summer day, and not be uncomfortable. Once the car was cooled, you could just set the AC near minimum and you'd be fine.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Where the heck you getting your tint job man??? Talk about pucker up buttercup...
There's a difference between tint performance. There are cheap option, but they don't reflect heat well. Just like there's a difference between a generic brand of flat screen vs your nice Samsung LCD. You get what you pay for, and people just don't care or want to know the difference between tints.

I don't spend money often, but when I do, I research the hell out of it to make sure I do it right the first time. That car was my daily driver for two+ years, so I benefitted from that everyday that I drove it. There's not many purchases where you can say that. Tint is probably one of the most important mod you can make to your car if you think about it.

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
Yea, I went for the high end stuff. I could leave my arm on the door in the middle of the summer day, and not be uncomfortable. Once the car was cooled, you could just set the AC near minimum and you'd be fine.
Oh, I thought that's how much your fine was? LOL

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Does anyone have any pics of the almost clear tint? I like the look of clear windows but would also like some heat rejection. Especially curious about the tint on the front.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Does anyone have any pics of the almost clear tint? I like the look of clear windows but would also like some heat rejection. Especially curious about the tint on the front.
I don't have pics personally, but you can look up air blue 80, or 3M crystalline

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
There's a difference between tint performance. There are cheap option, but they don't reflect heat well. Just like there's a difference between a generic brand of flat screen vs your nice Samsung LCD. You get what you pay for, and people just don't care or want to know the difference between tints.

I don't spend money often, but when I do, I research the hell out of it to make sure I do it right the first time. That car was my daily driver for two+ years, so I benefitted from that everyday that I drove it. There's not many purchases where you can say that. Tint is probably one of the most important mod you can make to your car if you think about it.
I'm with you on that... I think the same way. I thought you were just going with regular film. My ceramic was just a shade under your price so I guess we're in the same realm.

derand

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.derand.com
First Name
Derand
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, C8, R8 V10 Gated, Golf R APR, 19 GT350
If you look up my car there is air 80 all around and double on the sides only by Llumar

blkguyblk5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Did 10% on all windows except the windshield and did 35% on the entire front windshield. Looks great and I don't have any trouble seeing out.
Sponsored