Sponsored

Who else ordered a 2019 GT350/GT350R

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500 (Chassis L2023)
Yes! Thank you for asking!

The part, on emergency order, came in today!

When the mechanic went to remove the driver's seat, and install the latch part of the belt, he noticed the anchor bolt was already being used.

The factory had installed the console over the seatbelt and it was pinned underneath it - so the whole console had to be pulled also.

Glorious.

Reading your post was like a punch in the gut because mine sat at FRAP for weeks also.

I'm hoping there are no other issues. :fingerscrossed:
That is my hope for you as well.

We have waited long enough to finally have the cars delivered and it is time to start enjoying them.

My engine bay was full of pollen and I have to figure out a way to get it 100% clean. There is crap in every nook and cranny of the car. The car doesn’t even have that new car smell, which my last one had after owning it for a year.

Any idea when you will be taking delivery?
Sponsored

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
That is my hope for you as well.

We have waited long enough to finally have the cars delivered and it is time to start enjoying them.

My engine bay was full of pollen and I have to figure out a way to get it 100% clean. There is crap in every nook and cranny of the car. The car doesn’t even have that new car smell, which my last one had after owning it for a year.

Any idea when you will be taking delivery?
I'm taking Friday off of work and driving to the dealership with my 2014 GT Premium - almost 80K on that Coyote and never a lick of trouble - I will miss that car!

You would think that the only way the "new car smell" could dissipate would be if they left the window(s) open?

I agree, my GT had that new leather smell for at least a year after I bought it, always put a smile on my face when I slid behind the wheel...:sunglasses:

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
28D1D0C3-C172-4BDC-8BA1-FE672BF4C5AE.jpeg
2BA6587E-7428-4700-B409-477F4D4F365C.jpeg
A2B59BCF-35D3-4181-9DD7-6F2AEC87E558.jpeg
Saw Chassis #2099 today in Shelton WA. It was built June 5th and delivered July 21st.
DANG! That Velocity Blue is beautiful in the sun like that! What's the story on the GT350 in the background with the silver rims?

Sponsored

Dan206

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350, ‘16 Corvette Z51, ‘62 VW, ‘20 Raptor
DANG! That Velocity Blue is beautiful in the sun like that! What's the story on the GT350 in the background with the silver rims?
That’s my Velocity blue car. I posted info on it a page or two back.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Window Sticker generated.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looks like we had similar Tuesdays.
Yesterday I too finally got window sticker and after I posted this in the "Why the delay in 2019 GT350 arrivals?" thread:

the Trackmymustang.com site now says:
Primary Status: In Production
Car Status: Sent to Plant
Step 2/4
Next Status: Awaiting Shipment
So, either they are ahead by a week (back to my original date) or they are using old information & assumptions it was still true. I bet the later.

I called Ford Perf about what those status details mean - they said:
"that status means that the car is being built and the plants systems have said "yup, we have the correct data and the robots are building it as we speak"
I asked if the build date is more of a build by date or if it got moved up....basically wanting to know if literally its being built now rather than just in the queue and I got:
"No, it is being built now. The ETA to your dealer is 8/21-27"
Ok then....that works for me.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Thanks for the info Bill... I feel like a 5 year old who woke up at 3am on Christmas morning, and now I just have wait for hours before I can go unwrap gifts!
I had to wait about the same time for the Porsche... The level of anticipation was no where near the level of what it is for the Shelby.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Thanks for the info Bill... I feel like a 5 year old who woke up at 3am on Christmas morning, and now I just have wait for hours before I can go unwrap gifts!
I had to wait about the same time for the Porsche... The level of anticipation was no where near the level of what it is for the Shelby.
Happy to share the anxiety (lol) but seriously I can relate & have used a similar kid on xmas morning description. Imagine just getting back from GT350 Track attack last week knowing they just bumped my build by a week later and then now (yesterday) seems to be going to the original build date. Ive been told the robots are working on it but I'll believe it when the next 3/4 stage (ready to ship) light is lit. I think it's wise to play wait & see - when its designated ready for shipping that presumably confirms it's done. Seems odd that in 2019 there's no option or effort to show a special order car build in process with a real time punch list....but then I already know ideas like that (tracking) have been shut down by consensus from some fearful dealers who didn't like the concept. It seems that they prefer that we have to keep calling them for updates <shrug>. I think it would have been a gas to see the birth given its our money/hobby.
T-minus 33 days ETA

Last edited:

Sponsored

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500 (Chassis L2023)
I'm taking Friday off of work and driving to the dealership with my 2014 GT Premium - almost 80K on that Coyote and never a lick of trouble - I will miss that car!

You would think that the only way the "new car smell" could dissipate would be if they left the window(s) open?

I agree, my GT had that new leather smell for at least a year after I bought it, always put a smile on my face when I slid behind the wheel...:sunglasses:
Agreed, there is nothing like that new car smell. Spoke with a friend today and he said that new car smell is the most expensive perfume money can buy!

Maybe sitting in the sun for 3 months just baked the new car smell right out of the car!

Looking forward to photos after you take delivery on Friday.

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 Kona Blue W/ Black Stripes and Roof
UPDATE!!!!!!!!

Interesting news today. I checked the trackmymustang.com and it shows my car has moved to Production, Sent to Plant. I found this unusual as the build date isn't until 8/7. This is almost 2 weeks ahead of schedule. No sticker, but in Production is a great deal nicer than Order Processing.

I am not getting my hopes up!

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
Finally have a picture. Asked dealer to install splitter and pull shipping blocks, PDI the electronics etc, but leave the washing to me. Not going to install the camber plates for now. Now have to wait a bit for it to get here.
Shelby1.PNG
Sponsored