Whipple quality control

Waferz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt, 1993 Mazda rx7
What’s up guys, I’m just getting around to finishing my whipple install and I have a few questions for those of you have run their kits previously.

The paint on the blower is just falling off. It was chipped around the edges in the box, and only got worse as the install went on. The paint/powder breaks and flakes off when tightening any of the supplied fittings.It should be noted that I refinish for PPG for a living. Nothing done here should have removed any finish. Simply eaning on the blower with my palm to torque bolts knocked some of it off.

Second, the instructions don’t match the kit. Not sure if whipple redesigned the blower, but there are numerous instances where the instructions call for one length, size bolt, hose, etc and the corresponding part is not what it calls for. One of these was a manifold to head bolt. Whipple sent me the “right” bolts and put me off a day, only to get the “right” bolts that were wrong. The instructions and sales person were incorrect, and I had the right bolts.

Lastly, the hoses… these guys come all pretty and wrapped, heat shrunk, etc. They look amazing. That is, until you put them on the car and they are 5” too long and a specialty curved and prebuilt hose that is not meant to be cut or trimmed. A few of the hoses were so long that I had to trim 3+ inches off to prevent severe kinking. This meant tearing down the pretty hoses that I was sent.

Has anyone else had this experience?
DC8139BB-5B1B-4BDB-A71F-5ADCEC99B5DD.jpeg
4EC0A7C2-4ED6-49C9-9229-70DBF2728CFE.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
You sure you didn't order from Whiple on accident? Chinese copies are getting pretty advanced these days.

OP
OP
Waferz

Waferz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
You sure you didn't order from Whiple on accident? Chinese copies are getting pretty advanced these days.
I’m positive. I ordered directly through whipple.

Last edited:

trackd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
August
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP2 (SOLD), 73 240Z RB26DETT
That shows bad quality, wonder if they messed up on the specific parts, i.e. replaced hoses with whatever is avail per 'supply chain' issues, or quality has been down the dumps lately, like with many other companies. I'll follow this thread since still weighing options vs Roush. By the way, is this kit CARB compliant, curious?

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'd complain to Whipple, don't allow them to get away with providing sub par products.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Waferz

Waferz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I'd complain to Whipple, don't allow them to get away with providing sub par products.
I have emailed about it a couple of times and have not gotten an email back yet.

OP
OP
Waferz

Waferz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
That shows bad quality, wonder if they messed up on the specific parts, i.e. replaced hoses with whatever is avail per 'supply chain' issues, or quality has been down the dumps lately, like with many other companies. I'll follow this thread since still weighing options vs Roush. By the way, is this kit CARB compliant, curious?
Its the stage 2 kit, I think maybe only the stage 1 is compliant. Don’t quote me on that, though!

The inside of the blower is gorgeous and I’m sure it will perform well, I am just very meticulous and those chips will bother me for ever… I will touch them up of course (hopefully whipple at least provides the right color to me) but it’s still going to bother me. I reached out to a few others; none of which had issues with the finish chipping like this.

Last edited:

Basspro302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Sucks man, my kit was perfect. Hope they do something for you

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have emailed about it a couple of times and have not gotten an email back yet.
That is another complaint I've heard about Whipple. Hope you paid by credit card, merely mentioning a charge back will have them scurrying around to fix your issue - Unless your Tasca Parts and then you end up with the parts and the refund from your CC provider because they don't respond 😁

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
I had no issues with the finish, but the instructions need updated to the new whipple design.
I had to trim and reroute several of the hoses to my liking. That's the one i had the most issues with and trimmed it and rerouted it a few times.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Waferz

Waferz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
This hose down here is a little tight as well.

1A63D7A3-D938-4C8A-86A2-A16D974DDE94.jpeg

9A12F3D7-2D6C-43F4-997D-2C43B15EF2C7.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Waferz

Waferz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Have you tried to rotate or move the pump back and forth? To me it looks ok and it's not kinked.
I have, it doesn’t change much.
It’s not kinked, just a little stretched out.

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
That hose is fine

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
My stage 2 kit came with a CARB EO number.
Sponsored