Sponsored

Whipple Order Placed!

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Just sent Beefcake a bunch of cake...the Whipple Gen2 complete kit has been ordered! Got the Lund nGuage and remote tune too.

The only things I need to source is a colder thermostat, plugs, and the OPG/sprocket set.

Wonder how long a wait I will have...

I will be doing it mostly by myself. Going to be a fun project!
Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
kit comes with plugs, I believe mine were Denso in my stage 2 kit. I didnt change my stat. From all I read it was best to leave it stock. I also did not change oil pump gears as they changed 2018 and up along with having a fluid dampner. I am just running the stockers and also on a lund tune. I never tried the whipple tune. Very easy install, the kit is amazing.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
If you upgrade the thermostat, do not use the motorad 160. I’m almost certain it runs hotter than stock, 210 or so while cruising. I’ve re-upgraded to the reisch 170 and can keep the ect below 185 with the right fan settings. I don’t know how the stocker would perform with the fan settings optimized.

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
I hope their wait times have improved. It was up to 3 months when I tired to order one.

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I ordered mine on black friday and was told 4-5 weeks but feedback from others is upto 3 months! My hope is they stocked up the kits in anticipation. I picked mine up from team lethal and they have an option to add the reisch to the kit. Will also be installing mine so maybe we can exchange notes :) I have a build thread started in the projects section of this forum. Already started on my gauge work since those parts came in and it looks like the McLeod clutch is shipping tomorrow so I will have time to put that in and break it in (1200 cycles!!!) before installing the whipple. probably best the whipple is coming later as I would have a hard time not stepping on it before the clutch is broken in.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CJJon

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've got a ton of suspension work, an H pipe, K brace, rollcage, etc. to keep me busy!

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Congrats! I ordered a whipple stage 2 kit recently as well. Assuming minimum 8 weeks if not longer to get it...will be worth the wait!

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
Same here, ordered on black Friday stage 2 kit with the larger heat exchanger from beef cake, plus opg and cs. Already bought a boost gauge and a vent pod so that will occupy some of my time. Plan on going with PBD for the tune.

ZPD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I ordered one on BF. I contacted them a few days ago and they said 6-10 weeks. I was told that they don't stock and whipple does build to order.

OP
OP
CJJon

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully the damn pandemic will be easing up by then so I can get my pit-bitch to help me with the install.
Sponsored