Sponsored

Whipple Fuse Tap

dmxxcy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
So i recently switched from the whipple tune to Lund. Lund told me i have to have the fans and IC wired to "key source". I contacted jeff at whipple and he told me i need an add-a-circuit. How exactly do i go about doing this. Which wire am i tapping into?
Sponsored

Lubner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I switched from Whipple tune to PBD recently and did not have to change any wires for fans and IC. It works the same I wonder why?

OP
OP
dmxxcy

dmxxcy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I switched from Whipple tune to PBD recently and did not have to change any wires for fans and IC. It works the same I wonder why?
Lund doesnt use the computer to turn on the fans they use a "key source" so i disconnect from the connector in the back of the motor get the 2 green wires put one to a fuse and other to a ground i was told from whipple.

Darthmayxj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Lund doesnt use the computer to turn on the fans they use a "key source" so i disconnect from the connector in the back of the motor get the 2 green wires put one to a fuse and other to a ground i was told from whipple.
Neither does PBD. Whipple used to provide a fuse tap and have theirs wired the way PBD and Lund require. In fact LUND sent me instructions from Whipple that were older that had the fuse tap in the instructions. Later on whipple started using one of the IMRC runner plugs to control the pump and fans.