Whipple car runs bad - tune issues

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Man this thread is long! I have a stage 2 setup with the Whipple cal and my car runs perfectly, but I store my car in the winter months and probably haven't used the "winter blend" gas.
Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Man this thread is long! I have a stage 2 setup with the Whipple cal and my car runs perfectly, but I store my car in the winter months and probably haven't used the "winter blend" gas.
has anyone seriously considered this could just be a winter blend fuel issue? not just the fact that I have a hard time dropping $7k+ but Im kinda dragging my feet due to boost and winter blend fuel :frusty:

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
has anyone seriously considered this could just be a winter blend fuel issue? not just the fact that I have a hard time dropping $7k+ but Im kinda dragging my feet due to boost and winter blend fuel :frusty:
Mine is running just fine. Winter blend, stage 2 with bigger injectors. I just have to figure out what’s causing the chirp at cold starts that eventually goes away. It’s driving me nuts. Whipple said to loosen the sc and retighten it but I haven’t had time to mess with it.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
As someone who ordered the stage 2 Whipple just recently, I'm assuming that these are isolated issues. There must be hundreds of cars (if not more) out there running the 72# injectors and canned Whipple tune without this issue.

Fingers crossed that the new tune fixes this for you guys.
We have thousands running without issues.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Updated tunes are posted on the server for the 2015 and 2016 manual trans Mustangs. 2017 is coming soon.

Instructions:
Download latest version of flare software. Go to the flare program, use your previous voucher number and download an updated file using your previous log in information. Use this file to flash/update your vehicle. It will go through a full read/flash so it is best to put it back to stock first, then flash with this updated file so its easier to revert back if needed later. Your Flight control features will stay as is, you do not need to readjust them.

Updated version of flare:
http://www.micromotive.net/Whipple_Flare_2.93_Setup.exe

Sponsored

Aeronaut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP Competition Orange
Vehicle Showcase
What is the latest version of the Flare tool for the Mac? I have 1.94 and the download button on the Flare Downloader tab is disabled even with my previous voucher number.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Updated tunes are posted on the server for the 2015 and 2016 manual trans Mustangs. 2017 is coming soon.

Instructions:
Download latest version of flare software. Go to the flare program, use your previous voucher number and download an updated file using your previous log in information. Use this file to flash/update your vehicle. It will go through a full read/flash so it is best to put it back to stock first, then flash with this updated file so its easier to revert back if needed later. Your Flight control features will stay as is, you do not need to readjust them.

Updated version of flare:
http://www.micromotive.net/Whipple_Flare_2.93_Setup.exe

I have a Whipple Stage 2 Kit on order for my 2017 Mustang GT Auto Trans.
Will all the changes being made be updated in my kit?
Thanks

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
I have a Whipple Stage 2 Kit on order for my 2017 Mustang GT Auto Trans.
Will all the changes being made be updated in my kit?
Thanks
Auto does not have the same issue, although we do plan on making 1 update to commonize this portion of the cal.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Zero issues with my Whipple. I am averaging 19-21 mpg. If I didn't have to sit in so much traffic I could probably see 22-23 average. For reference, Stock I was getting 26-27 on good trips. Lund tune/steeda CAI I was getting 22-24. The automatic shift points have a lot to do with it. This is all what the gauge says not actual calculations with mileage and fuel.
Did you do your own install?

Sponsored

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is the latest version of the Flare tool for the Mac? I have 1.94 and the download button on the Flare Downloader tab is disabled even with my previous voucher number.
Canelope has to be plugged in before it’ll let you download

Downloaded just fine. I think I'll wait to install before I can hear from others how it's working as mine isn't having any issues

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there a chance we could get a list of changes this tune does?

motodad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Whipple Boosted; 2020 F350 PSD
Vehicle Showcase
looking forward to the 2017 manual trans update!!

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
This makes more sense now. A couple of the guys with Auto's that seem to know whats up have been saying how great the tune is......alas the issue didn't affect auto's.

Now one of you 6 spd SOB's load this tune and test it out!
Sponsored