Sponsored

Whipple and Fore Fuel system question

Timemachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Installing a Whipple and Fore fuel system on my 350 and have a question about the factory fuel pressure sensor. Where does the fuel pressure sensor get installed? The Whipple rails do not have a provision for it and since I am running the Fore system the solution Whipple shows in their instructions I cannot use as it looks like its for using the factory fuel system. TIA for the help.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Timemachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I contacted Fore and Justin got me handled. Apparently I was missing an adapter to run the FP sensor. First time dealing with Justin at Fore and all I can say is WOW!!!! Excellent customer service!!!!

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I contacted Fore and Justin got me handled. Apparently I was missing an adapter to run the FP sensor. First time dealing with Justin at Fore and all I can say is WOW!!!! Excellent customer service!!!!
I'm doing this install next week with Whipple rails on my 15. Do you have any pics of the install, or can you provide any advice on how the fuel rail loop is feed for best fitment with whipple setup.

OP
OP

Timemachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'm doing this install next week with Whipple rails on my 15. Do you have any pics of the install, or can you provide any advice on how the fuel rail loop is feed for best fitment with whipple setup.
I am still in the middle of the install. Going to finish up the Whipple install this weekend, I will post up pics when done. The Fore setup is going to take a little time. I am working on a mounting solution for the regulator (bracket using existing holes in engine bay) and fuel filter bracket so I am not using zip ties to secure. Will post up pics when done there also.

mmakam2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Do you by chance know what the factory fuel pressure is? I think its 55psi (no vacuum), but i haven't been able to confirm this yet.

Also is the stock system vacuum regulated or not? I imagine a system like Fore will have a vacuum referenced FPR near the rail and a return line to the tank?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Timemachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Do you by chance know what the factory fuel pressure is? I think its 55psi (no vacuum), but i haven't been able to confirm this yet.

Also is the stock system vacuum regulated or not? I imagine a system like Fore will have a vacuum referenced FPR near the rail and a return line to the tank?
According to the Ford shop manual, 53.1 to 75 psi engine running.
I don't think it is, as it has a FP sensor in the rail. More than likely computer controlled. Not for sure though, last Mustang I messed around with was/is my 1993 Cobra. Yes to the vacuum ref FPR and return line.

mmakam2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
According to the Ford shop manual, 53.1 to 75 psi engine running.
I don't think it is, as it has a FP sensor in the rail. More than likely computer controlled. Not for sure though, last Mustang I messed around with was/is my 1993 Cobra. Yes to the vacuum ref FPR and return line.
What pressure do you plan on setting the Fore system at?

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Do you mean no vacuum just for setting the pressure or no vacuum reference at all in the setup?
My tuner also recommended 50 psi set with the boost/vac line off. This is a boost/vac reference fuel regulator so after your adjust it must have a good boost/vac source attached to run.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Timemachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Sorry for the delayed response. Had some timing issues but finally got it all figured out. Have you moved on with the installation?

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple