Sponsored

Magnaflow System for GT350 and GT350R

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Removing the cats completely changed the sound of the Magnaflow system, much more so than the stock cat back. It still kept the smooth, mellow tone at idle and low RPM but from about 4k and up, I can't describe the sound (in a good way). It's an absolute screamer!
Where are those screaming vids???? Lol
Sponsored

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Removing the cats completely changed the sound of the Magnaflow system, much more so than the stock cat back. It still kept the smooth, mellow tone at idle and low RPM but from about 4k and up, I can't describe the sound (in a good way). It's an absolute screamer!
We shared your video on our social! :thumbsup:

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
Sounds good catless but I don't wanna go catless. :( I was hoping for more of a difference with cats. I just can't justify a $1000 plus mod for such a small difference in sound. It almost sounds quieter than stock with cats. That being said, the system looks beautiful, as always with Magnaflow. I was really looking forward to the carbon fiber tips, too.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
Sounds good catless but I don't wanna go catless. :( I was hoping for more of a difference with cats. I just can't justify a $1000 plus mod for such a small difference in sound. It almost sounds quieter than stock with cats. That being said, the system looks beautiful, as always with Magnaflow. I was really looking forward to the carbon fiber tips, too.
it is still going to be a couple weeks till i get time to install my kooks headers w/ green cats, but, i will be running kooks headers > green catted midpipes>Magnaflow exhaust.

I just have to figure out better exhaust actuator hardware or use different threadlocker. I used the same specialized stuff that i use for guns, on the hardware... guess what? it is pretty much impervious to heat.. but water soluble. guess who got caught in the rain? guess who's exhaust actuators rattle ever so slightly now?

:headbonk:

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Hard to justify the cost based on the sound. Especially for us who aren't removing the catalytic converters.

Any word on dyno numbers? The stock cat-back exhaust doesn't appear very restrictive from what I've seen. Hopefully there are some gains to be had since the sound isn't knocking my socks off. If Magnaflow put together a good quality video it would probably boost their sales.

Once Ford/Borla release their muffler I see them taking a lot of potential customers if they don't get on the ball

Sponsored

stinger556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family hauler, for now
Hard to justify the cost based on the sound. Especially for us who aren't removing the catalytic converters.

Any word on dyno numbers? The stock cat-back exhaust doesn't appear very restrictive from what I've seen. Hopefully there are some gains to be had since the sound isn't knocking my socks off. If Magnaflow put together a good quality video it would probably boost their sales.

Once Ford/Borla release their muffler I see them taking a lot of potential customers if they don't get on the ball
lol...why not remove cats? I've lived in SoCal my entire life and have run O/R pipes on every V8 Mustang I have owned with no issues. And the problem with the stock catback is that it sounds awful. Alot of people are excited for this Magnaflow catback

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
lol...why not remove cats? I've lived in SoCal my entire life and have run O/R pipes on every V8 Mustang I have owned with no issues. And the problem with the stock catback is that it sounds awful. Alot of people are excited for this Magnaflow catback
For me personally, I've been ticketed for loud exhaust on my 04 Cobra and recently after tinting my windows on the Shelby. It's already nerve racking, looking over my shoulder every minute behind the wheel, the last thing I need is for it to be louder than it already is. LOL

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Let me enlighten you.. Once you take the cats off this car you will definitely be throwing a CEL. To optimize performance and clear that CEL the.car will require a tune, and that will void your warranty. Without a tune you are barely making anymore power, getting terrible gas mileage, and destroying the lungs of everyone who has to ride behind your car that smells like garbage. Throwing a catless pipe on this car is not the same as your fox body or SN-95 with MIL eliminators. Voiding my 7 year warranty on a 60k car with an exotic motor for 7-10 hp at the tire ain't worth it.

Let's not even talk about getting pulled over and sent to the smog referee or ticketed. Having to swap mid pipes for smog. That alone isn't worth it for many. Not to mention after being in So-Cal I would value the fresh air and increased lung capacity provided by catalytic converters.

The stock exhaust on this car has been touted by many enthusiasts and reviewers as the best sounding mustang EVER. I would agree from all the people who take cell phone videos when I drive by. You saying the car sounds terrible is probably the craziest thing I've read all day. If you read back through this thread and others about this magnaflow exhaust the majority of opinions are the same. The exhaust note is more mellow than stock and the videos provided are lackluster in showing how it sounds up top

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
You saying the car sounds terrible is probably the craziest thing I've read all day.
Yeah I gotta say that was a head scratcher for me, too. :crazy: This is the first Mustang that I don't feel I have to go o/r on. The stock sound with cats is fantastic and I never tire of hearing it.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Let me enlighten you.. Once you take the cats off this car you will definitely be throwing a CEL. To optimize performance and clear that CEL the.car will require a tune, and that will void your warranty. Without a tune you are barely making anymore power, getting terrible gas mileage, and destroying the lungs of everyone who has to ride behind your car that smells like garbage. Throwing a catless pipe on this car is not the same as your fox body or SN-95 with MIL eliminators. Voiding my 7 year warranty on a 60k car with an exotic motor for 7-10 hp at the tire ain't worth it.

Let's not even talk about getting pulled over and sent to the smog referee or ticketed. Having to swap mid pipes for smog. That alone isn't worth it for many. Not to mention after being in So-Cal I would value the fresh air and increased lung capacity provided by catalytic converters.

The stock exhaust on this car has been touted by many enthusiasts and reviewers as the best sounding mustang EVER. I would agree from all the people who take cell phone videos when I drive by. You saying the car sounds terrible is probably the craziest thing I've read all day. If you read back through this thread and others about this magnaflow exhaust the majority of opinions are the same. The exhaust note is more mellow than stock and the videos provided are lackluster in showing how it sounds up top
While I agree with almost everything you say, I live in Michigan. I have ARH long tubes and off road X pipe. Without the cats I had absolutely no CEL on a stock tune. I also pick up 30rwhp on the ARH system on the stock tune. I agree with you say though. :cheers:

Sponsored

jonesd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
While I agree with almost everything you say, I live in Michigan. I have ARH long tubes and off road X pipe. Without the cats I had absolutely no CEL on a stock tune. I also pick up 30rwhp on the ARH system on the stock tune. I agree with you say though. :cheers:
This is good info, thanks! If i wanted to keep the stock tune, would it be dangerous to the motor to get long tubes put on and still drive it like normal?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
This is good info, thanks! If i wanted to keep the stock tune, would it be dangerous to the motor to get long tubes put on and still drive it like normal?
Keep in mind, my stock tune was lean. Bone stock I pulled 454 RWHP. With the ARH long tubes I pulled 484 RWHP on stock tune and it was lean. With a Lund tune and spark knock I pulled 511 RWHP lifting off at 6000 rpm.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Keep in mind, my stock tune was lean. Bone stock I pulled 454 RWHP. With the ARH long tubes I pulled 484 RWHP on stock tune and it was lean. With a Lund tune and spark knock I pulled 511 RWHP lifting off at 6000 rpm.
You've become a broken record talking about your lean tune. It's on every page of this thread. Get back on the dyno already to change the story.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Lean is what melts pistons and fries rings. Even if there is no CEL you will be damaging your motor without a tune. Be weary of the Internet story that goes "well I did it and never had a problem." Voodoo has some mechanical background and may be taking a calculated risk. I'm guessing he didn't drive his car much with it lean, or at least I hope. Only time will tell.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
You've become a broken record talking about your lean tune. It's on every page of this thread. Get back on the dyno already to change the story.
He asked a question. I answered it in my experience. Have you posted any numbers with yours yet? I'm done doing dyno pulls. It's only a numbers thing proves nothing. Track times are where it's at.
Sponsored