Sponsored

Which tuner?

DavidinDurango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I like to run standing start mile events so I want to take off the top speed limiter. Eventually will add a huffer.
Which tuner???

thanks.
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Lund, PBD, AED.

Pick your poison. They'll all do similar things including removing that limiter.

18GTmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo Perez
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang GT
my car is tuned with shaun@ AED and runs great
he replies really fast to emails.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I like to run standing start mile events so I want to take off the top speed limiter. Eventually will add a huffer.
Which tuner???

thanks.
Dude... Asking a question like that is like asking who did you vote for president. Sit back and grab your popcorn, it'll turn into a heated debate here soon!

Lund, Livernois, Steeda, Bama, AED, PBD

Facebook-But-I-added-20hp-Car-memes-fa1ac4.png

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Lund, PBD, AED.

Pick your poison. They'll all do similar things including removing that limiter.
This. I am extremely happy with AED but I also know that I would be with the other two. I just really, really like Shaun's attention to detail. Big improvement over the prior tune I had.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
We run Lund Racing's tunes on all of our shop cars and have been since 2009 with great results. They've got tons of experience and tune a lot of standing mile/half mile cars. We're their largest distributor for 2018 and would love to earn your business.

We also offer several other top shelf tuning options here such as Palm Beach Dyno, Li Tuning & Racing, AED and 5Star Tuning. Please feel free to give us a shout if you have any questions and we'll be glad to assist you.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/info/the-tune-shop-at-lethal-performance
blog_header.png

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Uhhh Shaun? lol. He’ll straight up tell you. Go to Lethal’s tune shop page for 2018+ and select AED, it even says there that AED won’t tune FI.
That's odd. I wonder why. Next time I talk with him I will inquire.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
He started ranting about higher compression, bad fuel, and blowing engines haha, I think it’s to cover himself
I don't blame him with the number of reported issues that engine has been having. It's one thing to tune N/A, but FI tuning is a different animal.

Higher compression usually doesn't play nice with boost, but that's when E85 shines.

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I don't blame him with the number of reported issues that engine has been having. It's one thing to tune N/A, but FI tuning is a different animal.
I don't see the hysteria surrounding the gen 3 as having anything to do with blowing engines imo. Yes, there are some bad engines, but there's also a lot of people freaking out about noises and demanding dealerships do something and dealer techs fudging paperwork to get a new shortblock/longblock because it's easier than actually diagnosing the issue... if there's even an issue. All the pictures I've seen of "scoring" in the cylinders meet ford's guidance for acceptable (for better or worse). The cross hatch is still present, no major grooves in the cylinder walls, basically just cosmetic.

Now, what I was told by him directly is that the compression is the problem for him (this was before the whole "tick" train had really started going nuts). I think he's basically unwilling to accept the risk that a user will put unverified pump e85 in their tank (that could be nowhere near 85% ethanol) and is afraid of pump gas even at low boost. This seems like a disservice to his customers if you ask me, because there has to be some simple way of handling this such as a waiver where the customer accepts the risk of tuning their vehicle. Plenty of high compression engines are boosted every day, this isn't anything new or groundbreaking. Proper fuel and proper tuning make it a non-issue.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
That's odd. I wonder why. Next time I talk with him I will inquire.
News to me as well. I had just assumed if / when went FI Shaun would be the one to dial it in.

Extremely happy with his service, level of detail and current flex tune though.

1bad66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT PP1, '66 Mustang, '18 BMW X3, '97 Tacoma
Extremely happy with his service, level of detail and current flex tune though.
I will seriously consider AED for a flex tune when the time comes. I talked to him a few years ago about tuning an '11 GT I had and was amazed at the level of detail and willingness to help. How much would you say it helped your '18? I'd be willing to do one if the result was worth the cost/risk.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I will seriously consider AED for a flex tune when the time comes. I talked to him a few years ago about tuning an '11 GT I had and was amazed at the level of detail and willingness to help. How much would you say it helped your '18? I'd be willing to do one if the result was worth the cost/risk.
From a driveability standpoint it was a night and day difference. Fun factor goes hand in hand.
For numbers, and keep in mind AZ does not have real e85 only flex fuel which is e54ish, his flex tune plus ARH catted LTH (stock intake) was good for 471 / 424 at the wheels. If you get real e85 where you are expect more timing and more power.

Expect a good amount of data logging to work with him, including a base log before he will even take you on as a client. Again speaks to the thoroughness/level of detail.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Hey we can for sure help you. What are you looking to have done. You looking at e85 or any other mods. Also we have the burble tune for the dual active exhausts if you are interested in that as well. We also have a great 10 speed trans tune if you have an auto. Let me know if you have any questions or anything my name is Jake message me or call us at 313-561-5500
https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP631153
ex_q80_w400_h_MyCalibrator-Touch-Right.jpg

Last edited:

1bad66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT PP1, '66 Mustang, '18 BMW X3, '97 Tacoma
From a driveability standpoint it was a night and day difference. Fun factor goes hand in hand.
For numbers, and keep in mind AZ does not have real e85 only flex fuel which is e54ish, his flex tune plus ARH catted LTH (stock intake) was good for 471 / 424 at the wheels. If you get real e85 where you are expect more timing and more power.

Expect a good amount of data logging to work with him, including a base log before he will even take you on as a client. Again speaks to the thoroughness/level of detail.
Excellent info, thanks. What did you use for the data logging?
Sponsored