Sponsored

Which Tuner, and am I going about this the right way?

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The NGauge will actually save the stock file (Roush cal in this case) on the device before flashing it with the Lund Racing calibration. Whether it can reflash the Roush cal back into the PCM at a later date is something I'm not completely sure about.

As to the intercooler pump I'm almost 100% certain that it will function in the same way it does now with the new tune from Lund Racing.

I will confirm and reply as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Jared
To the best of my knowledge, the ngauge will "ignore" the roush calibration and write over it.

Lund has been successful at doing this so far. It's not a guarantee so far, but on the cars they have done with the ngauge, it has worked.
Verified that the Lund Racing tune will write over the Roush file and that the intercooler pump will work the same as it does now.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Jared
I'm about to move forward with doing this. Pardon my ignorance. I have used Diablosport tuners on previous platforms.

What happens in the case I want to move from the NGauge to another tuning device (say NGauge 2.0 years from now) and my NGauge has the backup of the Roush tune. Is the NGauge married to the PCM and does it unmarry itself and write the stock tune (or in my case the Roush tune) back to the PCM?

How do I go about removing the NGauge from the car? What state is the PCM in at that point (since it may not be able to write the Roush calibration back to it).

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I'm about to move forward with doing this. Pardon my ignorance. I have used Diablosport tuners on previous platforms.

What happens in the case I want to move from the NGauge to another tuning device (say NGauge 2.0 years from now) and my NGauge has the backup of the Roush tune. Is the NGauge married to the PCM and does it unmarry itself and write the stock tune (or in my case the Roush tune) back to the PCM?

How do I go about removing the NGauge from the car? What state is the PCM in at that point (since it may not be able to write the Roush calibration back to it).
whatever program is on your pcm at the time you flash it, is what will be considered your "stock file"

the lund n gauge is locked to vehicle it is programmed to. you can return the car to stock, but it is married to that pcm

the ngauge is much more advanced that about any other tuner out there imo, and software updates are always coming out, but, you do not need a new gauge, you simply update the software to the gauge

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Can the NGauge be unlocked from the PCM and resold?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

Sponsored

LAK3RS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Corvette
Anyone care to explain how the "remote tuning" session works? For example, let's say on a car with a 2.9L Whipple, nGauge, etc. Do I just throw the car on the dyno for a few runs with the base tune given (Lund)? Send him the data and I get a properly revised tune in a few days? Or do we correspond a specific time to get the car on the dyno so that he is available to directly (remote) tune it while it's on the dyno?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
typically first set of logs is a 5 minute idle and some neutral revs, holding it steady at 1500, 2500 and 3500

lund reveiews those, if changes are needed, change is sent and then street logs ensue with small rpm climbs, still no boost and another idle log

again, reviews, and changes if needed, then either on the street or dyno , some wot pulls starting to around 5k, and eventually making it to redline

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
only way to go

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)