monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Yep - my prior 2016 PP and current 2018 PP S550 - both stock ride height. I just needed to place the additional cabinet liner material under the ramps because my garage floor is tiled with a very smooth surface. As I previously mentioned above, by doing that trick with that material, it helps to prevent the ramps from skipping or sliding.
Thanks very much!!!
Anthony
Sponsored

bigred90gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Jacking is a thousand times better, much less trouble, a million times more efficient, & user-friendly.
I'm not sure I could disagree with this post any more. It takes me all of a few seconds to put the ramps at the tires, drive up, and set the parking brake. Nothing easier, more efficient or user friendly about jacking up the car and setting up jack stands. But, to each his own.

bigred90gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I have a set of plastic ramps I bought probably 10 years ago. I cant remember the brand or where I bought them. Unless I need to take off a wheel, I will always just drive it up on the ramps. I've used them with a few F150s, a ram, a mini cooper, and 4 different mustangs. Never an issue with them sliding, and I have zero concerns with them structurally.

You really have to not be paying attention to be even slightly concerned with driving off of a set of ramps. Every one I've ever seen has a lip that would take quite a conscious effort to get over.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
You don't want plastic, but you're ok with 4,000lbs on $500 foam ramps? Lol. I'm sure they're fine, but at $500 vs. $50 - $60 I'd take the rhino ramps all day. I have them and use them on my V8 4runner with zero issues. I also have a 4 post lift and find myself using the rhino ramps 99.9% of the time just based on how quick and simple it is verses jockeying things around to get the cars on the lift.
Just a mental thing with me LOL. I hear plastic (and I’m aware it’s more composite than plastic) and it scares me off. I have first hand experience with my neighbors race ramps so the foam is ok in my mind (and yeah my mind sometimes makes zero sense LOL)

5.0 Bliss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cliff
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium w/ PP, Magneride and more...
Vehicle Showcase
3AF198B7-E096-4047-BEE1-A0FCC97F02C9.jpeg
BF3BD43D-2F6D-40A4-9A50-94DB1B2E63A9.jpeg
E83DEE71-82C3-46BF-AA6C-C4C1279DB176.jpeg
I already had a set of heavy duty steel ramps for working on my F150 trucks. Was surprised that, even at stock height, the ramp angle was too much for my mustang.

I had some treated 2x6 lumber handy so I built a quick workaround. Made sure to sand the edges so no worries about cutting into a tire.
Works well, easy storage and can’t beat the price (free!)

These truck ramps give me good height and an abundance of weight capacity

Sponsored

bigred90gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
3AF198B7-E096-4047-BEE1-A0FCC97F02C9.jpeg

These truck ramps give me good height and an abundance of weight capacity
They may have had an abundance of weight capacity when new, but that buckling on the vertical gusset on the front, along with what appears to be a bend in that vertical support (see the daylight under the curved part) would worry me. I know they have worked and it sounds like for a variety of vehicles over a long time (those look well aged), but I would toss those and get a new set before a catastrophic failure occurs. Admittedly, I like the plastic ones more on personal preference than anything else, but that one in the picture is compromised and I would replace it if I were you.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Wonder if these would work with an HP M1
They should I don’t see why not. If it’s stock height I don’t think there shouldn’t be a problem upfront. If anything you can use a 2x2 to raise your front end and give you a bit more clearance.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I don't have the patience for a regular scissor jack.
I found that funny.
I like the scissor jack so well I bought an extra off ebay. Slide it under, slap a socket on a 3/8" impact and I'm in the air quicker than I can get my floor jack, or ramps for that matter, out. It's currently my go to jack in the garage or driveway. One jack works on all my Ford vehicles
For oil changes though I still use the ramps
Sponsored