Sponsored

Which one seems more anticipated GT350 Or was it the GT500

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I am waiting for the GT500... did not even consider the GT350.
Sponsored

Jackie Chan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Corvette ZR1
I say it had to have been the 07 500. Just based on the 25K initial ADM for them and it remained ADM until model year two. They hadnt made a Ford Shelby since 1970 so 30+ years of people waiting is hard to compare this car to that wait. I waited a year to get mine close to MSRP.

So we all know how long they made the 500 and how many times they changed them so those folks that paid that huge ADM don't really have anything to show for it now. I saw one for sale at 32K with around 300 miles on it and it was signed by Carol himself. None of these cars will ever have his signature.

Sure its been a long time since Ford sold a GT350 and this car is special. But we are already talking about MSRP or 5K or less for ADM so I think that shows what the anticipation really is all about. Now the 350R is probably as hyped as the 07 GT500 but not the base GT350 where the true bargain is.
Also the gt500 was the only domestic powerhouse at the time that was priced in the 40k range. No challenger or camaro.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I think there was a lot more buzz for the '07 GT500, for most of the reasons mentioned already.

However, I think the GT350 is a much better all-around driving package. Beyond the fantastic thrust of the GT500 (which you can hardly use in this over-regulated land), the rest of the package is a little lacking, particularly on the earlier cars. I was somewhat blinded by all that power at first, but over time I came to realize that it was an ill-handling pig and that it was really kind of a POS.....

I hope to land a GT350 once all the hubbub dies off (assuming it does), it could be The One for me. I am pretty smitten with my lowly GT though, so my future test drive will have to be damn impressive.

Sponsored

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros
gt500 for sure.

People like to think that all car true enthusiasts want a road track car. When I think it's the opposite. Mainly because how many cars actually make it to a track day, compared to how many are produced?

People brag about HP and top speed or how fast have you got it up to, etc. Nobody sits at a stop light and says.. yeah my car will kick your car's butt on a road course. American boulevard cruising at it's finest. Muscle car... HP and 1/4 mile times are king. Rest is secondary in marketing and real sales figures.

How many hellcats will make it to the road course and how many are selling? Bet it will out sell the GT350. There are a reason there are z28's still sitting on dealer lots. The boss mustangs were sitting as well.

Again, just my opinion.

But I do respect this car and I believe there is a strong segment for it, this forum is one of them. Will I buy one.. .probably not. I don't road race. I drive my car on weekends and pretty days, occasional 1/4 mile trip and car shows.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
All points are accounted for. But you can also modify the voodoo 5.2 either naturally aspirated or forced induction or NOS if one likes. I would like to see how much I can gain in a naturally aspirated form then maybe down the road install a Whipple charger. And have the best of both worlds.

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros
What if they make a gt500 with less road racing goodies and 710 hp? For about the same price? Which one will sell more?

Just playing devils advocate here. :)

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Both cars can be made by the owner to meet either or both needs

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
What if they make a gt500 with less road racing goodies and 710 hp? For about the same price? Which one will sell more?

Depends on how much that car costs. It won't be cheaper than the GT350.

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

In America? The GT500 by far
Sponsored