Sponsored

Which one of these floor mats is better?

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I bought the Weathertech FloorLiners for my 2015 EB when I spent time dealing with a Michigan winter. They were great for dealing with the snow. When I got back south to better weather, I then got the Weathertech mats for the rest of the year. Then when I bought my current 2019 GT, it came with the Ford rubber mats and cargo liner. As soon as I got home, they were swapped out for the Weathertech mats and cargo liner I kept when I traded in my EB.
Sponsored

RazorRS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Performance Pack 1
Weathertech FTW

Son of SVO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Ecoboost premium coupe
Hi, I swear by the Weathertech liners for winter use. Had them in multiple cars. Coverage is good and they catch everything you track in. They can be a little slick when wet but I think it's minor. They do need to be removed for proper cleaning. I use hot water, a little liquid detergent and a scrub brush. Flush adry with a towel. Summers I find the stock mats acceptable.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Gonna keep this simple, I feel like a sucker dumping so much money on shaped rubber/plastic, but I don't want to wear out my carpet. I'm known to wear holes in the carpet where my heel sits, so I want to go ahead with something harder/tougher right away. Priorities are tight, perfect fit, COVERAGE (including under the gas pedal preferred?). I don't want any part of my shoe/foot touching carpet and also GRIP. They need to have grip even with wet shoes. I *despise* slippery floors especially when trying to drive a manual.

Here we go, not in particular order:

Ford OEM (w/ horse logo) (downside -- does not cover under gas pedal, doesn't come up very high, plus side pony emblem, real Ford product)
1644242210100.png

Husky X-Act (Plus -- nice soft rubber, molded exactly. Downside, a little truck-ish?)
1644242151879.png

Weathertech (concerns: Why are these SHINY? I feel like shiny means slippery... I have the Husky X-act in my truck and they are rubbery, not shiny)
1644242041404.png

MAXpisder 3D (How is coverage and durability on these? Some reviews say they start to curl up after a short time and don't stay hooked to the floor... Plus side, they look more refined, less like something that goes into a truck.)
1644241997531.png
Weathertech

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
Gonna keep this simple, I feel like a sucker dumping so much money on shaped rubber/plastic, but I don't want to wear out my carpet. I'm known to wear holes in the carpet where my heel sits, so I want to go ahead with something harder/tougher right away. Priorities are tight, perfect fit, COVERAGE (including under the gas pedal preferred?). I don't want any part of my shoe/foot touching carpet and also GRIP. They need to have grip even with wet shoes. I *despise* slippery floors especially when trying to drive a manual.

Here we go, not in particular order:

Ford OEM (w/ horse logo) (downside -- does not cover under gas pedal, doesn't come up very high, plus side pony emblem, real Ford product)
1644242210100.png

Husky X-Act (Plus -- nice soft rubber, molded exactly. Downside, a little truck-ish?)
1644242151879.png

Weathertech (concerns: Why are these SHINY? I feel like shiny means slippery... I have the Husky X-act in my truck and they are rubbery, not shiny)
1644242041404.png

MAXpisder 3D (How is coverage and durability on these? Some reviews say they start to curl up after a short time and don't stay hooked to the floor... Plus side, they look more refined, less like something that goes into a truck.)
1644241997531.png
MAXspider 3D are awesome have them in my Mustang for a year no issues looks great and easy to clean + It goes with my carbon fiber look!

Sponsored

AJ3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Hey guy!! Quick question here. Do you have suggestions for a front only floor mat below 100$. Im trying to purchase the maxspider but their website isnt helpful and I cant find any trusted sellers for it.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I can't comment on the husky or spider mats, however, I have had weather tech in my last vehicle and while they look nice new and in pictures one they are wet or you try to shine them up some after a clean they are extremely slippery. So far the ford mats are perfect and also rubber which I like. The weather techs were some sort of plasticy material and not rubber at all hence prob the reason they are more slippery when wet.

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
I just want decent carpet mats that have the "GT" logo...seems they dont make them.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I can't comment on the husky or spider mats, however, I have had weather tech in my last vehicle and while they look nice new and in pictures one they are wet or you try to shine them up some after a clean they are extremely slippery. So far the ford mats are perfect and also rubber which I like. The weather techs were some sort of plasticy material and not rubber at all hence prob the reason they are more slippery when wet.
Not enough coverage on the Ford mats... I want coverage up and under the gas pedal. I've worn a hole in carpet in this area on another car and want to make sure that doesn't happen.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
Have had 3Ds in several cars over the years, Re slippery - never had that. Maybe the first day? but never felt slippery at all ..... except that one time I used a brush to apply vinyl detailer to em. so funny seeing g/f get in and try to keep her feet where she wanted 'em .
So - dont do that. As for curling ... nope. no issues. always fit tight to sides. This is my 2nd mustang, same mats, and they look new. Locked in place with the OEM carpet posts.

Went to 3d's after weathertech due to appearance. We are going back at least 12 years before i discovered 3D's. Weathertechs were great fit in my gm pickup, but never liked the look of 'em.
For me it's a choice of appearance, not function, as both will do the job.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Not enough coverage on the Ford mats... I want coverage up and under the gas pedal. I've worn a hole in carpet in this area on another car and want to make sure that doesn't happen.
I don't understand why the Ford mats were part of the discussion to begin with then? Sounds like you know which ones you want then.
Sponsored