2023 Ecoboost Premium Convertible

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
OEM is a tad bit heavier that the FRPP options but the bigger size fitting my hand better makes up for it in my opinion.

OP
OP

dman918

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
My CF shift knob is official Ford Performance Part: https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-7213-MCF
I did look at that one as well. Big carbon fiber fan but not sure I'd want it on this car, since I'm not doing any other carbon fiber it probably wouldn't look right. Funny enough, I'm starting to like the white bullitt look lol. I think I've narrowed to the bullitt or ford performance. GT350 is nice but looks like the shifter would then be higher and the last thing I want is even longer throws!!!

Feel free to keep the votes coming!

Last edited:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Old thread but where did you find these?
I stripped, paint filled and polished them myself.

(before someone questions me), yes, you can do it with your clothes on … lol

WD :like:

Last edited:

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Could you make another one?
Yes, but I’m in the U.K. …

I keep looking out for a deal on these kind of engraved knobs, but they are reasonably rare over here (and expensive) and not o a lot of people stateside selling second hand want to post them over to me :frown:

I want to do a FJG / white / orange Mach 1 version :sunglasses:

I’m also on the lookout for a 350 knob, I found a red one, but alas no postage option … :frown:

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
It's mostly personal preference. The two biggest aspects of the knob are aesthetics and shape/feel. The feel can be drastically different based upon the weight. Weighted knobs give (me) much more feedback and can communicate to you better as well as having more momentum for positive shift engagements.

If you don't care as much about the weight, most of the factory options are decent choice.

The aftermarket opens you up to way more options in terms of size, shape, finish, engraving and such, as well as weight.

I have a light bulb shaped unit that weighs almost 1 lb. Features the color and emblem I want as well as pattern on top (should there ever come a time when someone else has to operate my car).

The other aspect beyond weight is material. Some guys like the tack of rubber or poly or leather. Other guys like the smooth finish of metal.

I went with steel to maximize the weight, but know that in the Summer, it can get hot if you don't have a beenie to cover it (especially if it's darker colored).

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350

I keep looking out for a deal on these kind of engraved knobs, but they are reasonably rare over here (and expensive) and not o a lot of people stateside selling second hand want to post them over to me :frown:

I’m also on the lookout for a 350 knob, I found a red one, but alas no postage option … :frown:

Contact Billetworkz. I'm certain that guy could work out a shipment to you.

FastTR03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra

Ill PM you

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Contact Billetworkz. I'm certain that guy could work out a shipment to you.
Sorry, I was meaning the Ford Performance type engraved knobs, that I can buy second hand, and then refinish them like my photos above :like:

I don’t really have time to do them, but I kind of quite like it (and it’s one of those jobs that gives you focus / keeps your mind busy / keeps you away from the TV) :like:

Side note : I’ve been doing some more paint filling, reconditioning my old slot cars :

1708907289397.jpeg

1708907319343.jpeg

1708907338663.jpeg

Sponsored