Which mode combo do you use most?

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Normal with sport steering. Sometimes around town I'll drop the shifter into S for more throttle response.
Sponsored

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
Most of the time I use Normal steering, Normal dash (401a) and Sport exhaust. If necessary, or just for some occasional fun (freeway on-ramps), I put the A10 in Sport.
I do sometimes also use Sport+. When listening to music I that I love (B&O), the exhaust is in quiet. I really like the variety of all these settings.

I am surprised at how many are using Track mode for exhaust.
I think the Sport exhaust has a more distinctive "growl" than the Track setting which seams just loud to me. Not that there is anything wrong with loud...
Note: these are the comments of a rookie, I have owned my car for only 6 weeks.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
95% of the time, start it up, toggle to Sport mode (leave exhaust and steering as Sport), disable T/C and A/T, drive. The other 5% would be in Track mode (when I'm feeling a little frisky). Normal mode is only when I forget to change it to Sport. Never tried Quiet mode. I actually prefer Sport exhaust over Track exhaust. T/C and A/T seem to neuter the car, so they always go off.

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
I believe that’s sport.. track I think is just the bar across the top.. funny I got the digital cluster and pretty much keep it on blue, and round gauges and the three small gauges for “oil temp”, cyl head temp, and IAT. Haven’t really changed from any of that lol
Hmmmm.....the three round gauges, I didn’t know I could select that. Something new to find/try...

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
Lately I've been digging quiet mode. I like the subdued growl it has under reasonable throttle, and then of course it lets it out when you tromp on it. I got the "old retired man switch" (a term I learned for active exhaust on this very forum) for the neighborhood, but I never imagined how much fun it is to dork around with depending on the mood. Why have one exhaust note when you can have 4?

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
shifter in S, paddles mode activated, TCS off but stability control on, steering in comfort mode, exhaust cutouts open.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Awesome I am glad so many answered. IM still playing with mine. I like that I can have my modes up on screen or chose different gauges to show. I think after Im done playing Ill set the my mode to the drag, sport steering and track exhaust so when Im challanged i can just double flick mode button and rock and roll LOL.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Hit start button, hit drive mode up twice for sport+, drive off. Doesn't change for anything or anyone. Sport steering stays there and wish drive mode did too. Every car I've owned with a sport mode is just muscle memory to turn it on before every single drive no matter the weather or anything. I want all the control lol.

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium / PP1 / MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
Normal mode + normal steering until CHT is above 180 degrees, then Sport + mode and Normal steering (or sport depending, although it is a tad over stiff).

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I drive it in NORMAL mode with the steering in NORMAL mode as well.
Car has a bit of power, so it gets up and goes and the coilover suspension handles awesome. I'm going to try the paddle shifts in the near future. (My last car was 6 speed manual.)
Right now, it's the normal Mustang GT exhaust, but I am going to swap that out hopefully early next year for a killer catback that I already have picked out. Didn't want to spend the 3,000 for the active exhaust as it would be a waste in my situation as I would always leave it in TRACK mode anyways. Catback is going to cost me $1,600, (getting a discount on that!), and my buddy will install it for about 180 bucks. So, I save well over a $1,000 bucks.

Sponsored

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Normal.

But it's nice to be able to turn up the exhaust and stiffen the suspension when I get out into the mountains, away from the bad roads.
I'm old but dammit, I refuse to get old, I don't need no stinkin' soft ride. Not yet anyways. I like it rough. :captain: Only just certain speed bumps annoy me in this car when not in mush mode.

My 2001 GT was way more bumpy and brutal than this car, and I thought that was fun. With PP1 and Magneride I'm a little disappointed this car isn't as nailed down.

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Never tried Quiet mode. I actually prefer Sport exhaust over Track exhaust. T/C and A/T seem to neuter the car, so they always go off.
I've tried Quiet mode, once, for about 15 seconds. After having the car a couple of months and driving in Normal or Sport, Quiet seemed eerie and unsettling to me. It just felt "wrong".

You may prefer a more raspy sound than with all the frequencies when the exhaust is fully open. Before I got the car I wondered why it wasn't just a dual-setting, open or closed. It's subtle but you can hear the differences.

Wondering if turning off traction and stability control enables more throttle response, or the quicker application of full torque?

Ablaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 TO CFTP, 2013 SBY Boss 302
Wow, am I the only one that drives in Sport/Sport + Track Exhaust? The car feels more responsive in Sport mode which I like a lot. I also turn traction control off.

Wylie C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
I use comfort steering most and Drive and Sport about equal. Well maybe more sport :wink:

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Wow, am I the only one that drives in Sport/Sport + Track Exhaust? The car feels more responsive in Sport mode which I like a lot. I also turn traction control off.
I drove in normal + track exhaust for most the first year i have had the car, only in that last 2-3 months have i started driving in track mode. i guess i need to drive around in sport and see how i like it. i prefer the throttle response in track but some times depending on where I'm going some roads are a little rough and the throttle response a little too much over those roads.
Sponsored