Which headlight is installed properly?

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I've been living with it but it's getting to the point where I wanna fix it but I'm not sure which way is right. Anyone know?

The driver side headlight is slightly indented from the bumper. The passenger side is flush with the bumper
20210923_160608.jpg
20210923_160641.jpg
Sponsored

Yellow Toy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Fastback
I would say flush.
I'll have to check mine now..
But when Indented it helps protect the light...

OP
OP
Dfeeds

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Both Indented..
My passenger side only just..
Screenshot_20210924-080647_Gallery.jpg
Thanks for checking. That definitely is only just. I have a feeling indented is the right way. Just another thing to not line up on these cars

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Both of mine are pretty much flush so the back of the headlight, wing and bumper interface are flat, but …

My front bumper was removed and painted before delivery (some transport scuffs) so there’s a reasonably high chance the body shop did a better job of aligning everything than what flat rock did …

WD :like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dfeeds

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Both of mine are pretty much flush so the back of the headlight, wing and bumper interface are flat, but …

My front bumper was removed and painted before delivery (some transport scuffs) so there’s a reasonably high chance the body shop did a better job of aligning everything than what flat rock did …

WD :like:
Very true. Although it could've just been a "best guess" situation. Flush would probably be how I'd line the headlights up if I pulled them off and realized my conundrum.

One for each! Lol. Off to try and search for more photos. I wish this wasn't bugging me so much 😪

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
I love the fake concern - It's a factory plastic bumper cover. It's amazing these things hold their shape long enough to bolt on in the first place. Plastic pieces move and flex, and these definitely aren't show cars. Nobody would ever notice if you didn't point it out, and even then, nobody would care.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dfeeds

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
You take the bumper off these cars once, and it never lines back up the same. The plastic gets ever so bent that it causes issues like this.
Except this has nothing to do with the bumper fitment and is how the headlights were installed.

I love the fake concern - It's a factory plastic bumper cover. It's amazing these things hold their shape long enough to bolt on in the first place. Plastic pieces move and flex, and these definitely aren't show cars. Nobody would ever notice if you didn't point it out, and even then, nobody would care.
Cool story but I fail to see how one headlight being installed at a different angle than the other has anything to do with plastic flexing.

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
Except this has nothing to do with the bumper fitment and is how the headlights were installed.

Cool story but I fail to see how one headlight being installed at a different angle than the other has anything to do with plastic flexing.
It's most likely not. Headlight mounting points are fixed to the frame. The bumper cover is just farther out on one side.

OP
OP
Dfeeds

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
It's most likely not. Headlight mounting points are fixed to the frame. The bumper cover is just farther out on one side.
I get what you're saying but it also applies to the fender. The driver side headlight is indented to the front bumper and fender. The very tip of the passenger side actually sticks out from the bumper and fender. If it were even with the fender then yes, I'd agree, but it's not.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Mine seem to be both fine. Flush with the bumper at first glance, or almost flush if you look very carefully from the right angle. But they're both the same, no visible issue.

IMG_0023.jpg
IMG_0025.jpg
Sponsored