Sponsored

Washing properly to avoid swirl marks

Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Mustang GT
I just purchased a Ruby Red 16 GT ....I have yet to wash it,and I want to avoid the swirl marks caused by regular washes. I would also be interested in opinions on paint sealer/wax options. The German product looks good,but other than regular waxing,I have zero experience with such products.

I really hate swirl marks and wish to avoid causing it myself through proper care and maintenance. Go easy on me .....it's my first dark coloured car in a long time and I want to avoid mistakes early
Sponsored

rogers17GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I just purchased a Ruby Red 16 GT ....I have yet to wash it,and I want to avoid the swirl marks caused by regular washes. I would also be interested in opinions on paint sealer/wax options. The German product looks good,but other than regular waxing,I have zero experience with such products.

I really hate swirl marks and wish to avoid causing it myself through proper care and maintenance. Go easy on me .....it's my first dark coloured car in a long time and I want to avoid mistakes early
I'd hit up the guys at Auto Obsessed and ask them to make some recommendations re: products. Troy is a good guy and knows his stuff, and they would likely have it shipped to you in a day since they are in AB. The long and short of it is two buckets, grit guards, a good mitt (sheepskin or mf), good drying towels, and never using pressure for anything. Rinse the mitt thoroughly and frequently, and be through when washing to avoid debris in your drying towel.

http://www.detailedimage.com/Auto-Detailing-Guide/Washing-and-Drying

OP
OP
Boss

Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Mustang GT
Thanks,great site,been watching the junk man videos on you tube.....foam gun seems like a cheap investment to make from the outset
Sponsored