Sponsored

Which Ford Extended Warranty to go with?

Rbp_280z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang 5.0
I am in contract for a 2017 GT350 with 38,000 miles and one owner. I’m purchasing the vehicle in another state at a Ford Dealership. I’m in California and I could buy a warranty at a California Ford dealership or right now when I purchase the vehicle. The vehicle has extensive service records and is in great shape.

I was thinking of getting the Ford BasicCare for 3 years/36,000 miles for $3500. Judging from what you guys see typically break, would this provide good coverage? Or should I save the $3500 for the insurance and put it in my bank?
Sponsored

Last edited:

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I would 1) go shop somewhere else like Granger or Lombardo for extended warranty contracts, they are usually cheaper than most others. 2) I would get just a powertrain care as that's really where the big expensive issues would be.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
First, you can buy online at substantial savings. I believe Lombard Ford will issue a warranty on a used car, after a vehicle inspection, but others I'm sure will verify which dealers offer it.
And for the price of buying it locally or at a physical dealer, you can get the Premium plan for more years.

OP
OP

Rbp_280z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang 5.0
Unfortunately in California you cannot buy an extended warranty online. They made this law a few months back.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
That’s a bummer about not being able to buy online.
Can I ask what you paid for yours? Mine is a ‘17 with similar miles that I’m considering selling.

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
I am in contract for a 2017 GT350 with 38,000 miles and one owner. I’m purchasing the vehicle in another state at a Ford Dealership. I’m in California and I could buy a warranty at a California Ford dealership or right now when I purchase the vehicle. The vehicle has extensive service records and is in great shape.

I was thinking of getting the Ford BasicCare for 3 years/36,000 miles for $3500. Judging from what you guys see typically break, would this provide good coverage? Or should I save the $3500 for the insurance and put it in my bank?
That comes to $100 a month for the next 3yrs. F that. Save your money, fix what you can yourself. Chances are you won't need much. If you do, you have $3500 to handle it.

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
That comes to $100 a month for the next 3yrs. F that. Save your money, fix what you can yourself. Chances are you won't need much. If you do, you have $3500 to handle it.

Couldn’t agree more - these third party warranties are BS and have NEVER heard of someone happy with them when actually needed. They’re good at taking your money, but will find any reason under the sun to NOT help you out when needed. Most of the super expensive (and rare!) issues that could have come up would have already happened by now, aside from an AC repair which I’m sure you can have done for a fraction of the insurance cost. I say buy the car, take good care of it, do all the maintenance, check oil religiously, follow proper warm up / cool down procedure, and sleep sound at night!

Bruce 8858

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 #3009
First, you can buy online at substantial savings. I believe Lombard Ford will issue a warranty on a used car, after a vehicle inspection, but others I'm sure will verify which dealers offer it.
And for the price of buying it locally or at a physical dealer, you can get the Premium plan for more years.
Yes! Use Lombard Ford.

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
I went with Lombard for my 2017 GT350. I purchased the drivetrain warranty.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Unfortunately in California you cannot buy an extended warranty online. They made this law a few months back.
So buy it over the phone and give them a credit card.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Couldn’t agree more - these third party warranties are BS and have NEVER heard of someone happy with them when actually needed. They’re good at taking your money, but will find any reason under the sun to NOT help you out when needed. Most of the super expensive (and rare!) issues that could have come up would have already happened by now, aside from an AC repair which I’m sure you can have done for a fraction of the insurance cost. I say buy the car, take good care of it, do all the maintenance, check oil religiously, follow proper warm up / cool down procedure, and sleep sound at night!
I have made out two times over on every ESP I've bought.

07 f250, 11 Explorer and a 15 F350.

Have one on my 20 Explorer which I'm sure I will make out since it is a 8yr/150k coverage.

Only one I'm unsure of is the gt350. Did this for peace of mind.. 25k engine, 7k trans... AC systems that are known to go.. ya, $3,500 isn't going to over a lot over 10 years.
Sponsored