Sponsored

Where are your next events?

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
I had the same perception of TNiA as Impulsed7 and have avoided TNiA until recently as well. I've heard stories from TNiA from a couple years ago of it being a bit of a shit show. They have some practices that I don't necessarily agree with. For example, you can self-select what run group you are in. For the street driver with an ego, they think they are "advanced" drivers(READ: I drive flatout) and can create a dangerous situation. Novice drivers don't necessarily have an in-car instructor.

My friends in NJ do the ones at NJMP and they have witnessed some of the stuff mentioned above. One friend was brake checked by a S197 mustang on one of the straights, which almost caused a catastrophic event. They all have a good bit of video on that particular mustang. It's pretty apparent he should have been in the novice group.

That being said, I did the one at Heartland Park Topeka a week ago and had a lot of fun. It was when they were doing the promotion where the event only cost $50 and I am trying to get a few days at HPT before the NASA event at the end of May. I really really like our Kansas City and Kansas Region SCCA chapters. Plus Jeff Lacina(who is a well-known mustang and track day guy) is the road course manager. Everything was well run and advanced group(and the other groups as well) were issue free. Novice group received several classroom blocks of instruction and novices were asked if they wanted instructors. Those that asked for them, received them. I think the region running the event has a lot to do with the success of the event. All in all, I was pleasantly surprised with TNiA.
Lots of good info, thanks!

Has anyine in here done a TNiA event at MSR Cresson or somewhere else in the Texas region and have feedback?
Sponsored

BlkGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 GT86 Autox, 16 GT350 TP, 06 Civic Si TTD car
TNIA is only as good as the group running it. Remember this is not your normal DE and isn't marketed that way. It is get off work a little early and bring your DD to the track for some fun. That being said it is surprising how little incidents there are in the novice group with no in car inst. The in over my head I have a big EGO and drive flat out do show up but I have found that a little talk with the organizers usually cures that that individuals activities. They booted a car at the last TNIA at PBIR and told him not to come back for out of control driveing. Also the flaggers are normally SCCA and they see everything and do pass it onto the organizers. Yes the trains do appear and situational awareness isn't always the greatest but I go with a couple of Buds and we don't expect miracles just having fun with a little patience.

Peter

Sock

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 6spd PP Magnetic
You drive the Dusold Designs S550, right? Will you be out there on May 2?
I retired from Dusold Designs last month. It is now the "Driven Motorsports Project 6G". :)

I plan on being there but not 100% yet. If you see me out there feel free to come over and chat.

Sponsored

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Ok, John with the ZR1 talked me into it. I'll be joining [MENTION=29059]lugz[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9562]TNcoupe[/MENTION] in Memphis next week. Sounds like a ton of fun! Can't wait!

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
[MENTION=7179]SVTDSM[/MENTION] lets do this....Carbotechs installed, FTBR rotor back plates and custom ductwork installed, fresh FR20 oil, and will be draining the cooling system for DI water and water wetter this weekend.

I want to ride in your car while we're there too.

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
[MENTION=7179]SVTDSM[/MENTION] lets do this....Carbotechs installed, FTBR rotor back plates and custom ductwork installed, fresh FR20 oil, and will be draining the cooling system for DI water and water wetter this weekend.

I want to ride in your car while we're there too.
I just need to swap out my front pads and I'm good to go. If you haven't had the chance to ride in a gt350 on track yet, you're in for a treat! :cheers:

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Ok, John with the ZR1 talked me into it. I'll be joining @lugz and @TNcoupe in Memphis next week. Sounds like a ton of fun! Can't wait!
I was thinking I might have a shot at being the quickest out there this year. So much for that idea with you guys going. LOL! It's all good. :D

I've still got to swap drive shafts, install brake ducts, flush brake fluid and get an alignment. Not too much going on. :headbonk:

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
You guys should sign up for VIR July 1,2 with myself and tedj101.

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Too hot for me, and only get so many passes for the year from the boss lady. :paddle: Will wait for the fall to get back to VIR.

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
I'd love to but I'm doing Barber the following weekend with Chin. Definitely need to make time for VIR one of these days though.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I will prolly do Barber or Road Atlanta in the fall sometime.