Sponsored

Where are your next events?

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
You can always drive through the pits to get some seperation if someone refuses to look in the mirror.
At Road Atlanta I did this once during a lunch time drive around with a friend in his Audi. First he drove around at 55 mph behind a pace car. We pitted, switched drivers and with enough separation I did more that 55 mph. ;)

His first response was a nervous "Whoa, Whoa, Whoa" while exiting the pits and his last comment when exiting the track was "Is it always all gas or all brake?" :lol:
Sponsored

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thunder Roadster GT-R / ST3

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Just registered for Norpca northern Ohio region Porsche club at mid Ohio April 29 and 30.

Can't wait for this year.
I love running with Cayman and Carrera S's.....pisses them off when they have to point me by in my cheap ol' Mustang :ford:

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I love running with Cayman and Carrera S's.....pisses them off when they have to point me by in my cheap ol' Mustang :ford:
Ha, absolutely. Did Audi club last year and had an awesome battle with a boob, er I mean noob in a 991 gt3. Took him to the third session on second day to get ahead of me. Those cars are ridiculously fast, specifically corner entry, just nutty how fast he could enter a turn, and he was terrible!

Sponsored

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Ha, absolutely. Did Audi club last year and had an awesome battle with a boob, er I mean noob in a 991 gt3. Took him to the third session on second day to get ahead of me. Those cars are ridiculously fast, specifically corner entry, just nutty how fast he could enter a turn, and he was terrible!
Yep, different league for those bad boys. There's quite a few GT3's running around NorCal....at my last track day, that's actually the one car that I did have to point by me.

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Yep, different league for those bad boys. There's quite a few GT3's running around NorCal....at my last track day, that's actually the one car that I did have to point by me.
My buddy and instructor drives a track prepped 996 gt3 on slicks and was impressed with my springs only GT PP on poopy 300tw summers. We synced up for this event too so I'm pretty excited. Winter is killer and can't wait to knock the rust off!

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
So when running events with PCA, how many cars are there that aren't Porsche's?

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
So when running events with PCA, how many cars are there that aren't Porsche's?
It depends on the region. Most are very "other car" friendly and are, just like most track guys, very happy to share the track with like-minded enthusiasts. I'm a huge fan of PCA in general, though, minus 1 region. I did the PCA National Instructor training back in 2010 as I'm always interested in broadening my spectrum of knowledge. It was one of the best instructor programs I've done. It makes for a better DE program and better, safer drivers.

I'm probably going to run with the local KC PCA chapter here in a couple months. I'm sure know one will give it a second thought. Always cool to have a P-car owner come up afterwards and ask you about your car though. :) I drove a new Cayman S at COTA last year. I have to say, that was one of the most fun cars I've driven in a long time.

Sponsored

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I think I am going to have to run with them at Mid Ohio. I've really been wanting to run that track anyways.

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
...Most are very "other car" friendly and are, just like most track guys, very happy to share the track with like-minded enthusiasts. ... Always cool to have a P-car owner come up afterwards and ask you about your car though. :)
+1 on this. Last track day I was pitted next to two local PCA guys (non-PCA event) who were running Spec Boxsters, and they were admiring my car :thumbsup:

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Headed to the Texas A&M SCCA Tour event next week to beat up on some BMWs in F Street.

PCA events in Texas are good. I took a turbo'd Miata to one years back and had a blast. Well run event and the instruction was solid.

gtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Going back to VIR (full) for a 3-day event May 26-28 with PCA
Sponsored