Sponsored

Where are your next events?

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Same here. I'll be in the Red group as this is my second HPDE. I got booted from AMP last month for noise even though I had done my introductory course there in Feb.
Nice, come on by and say hello! I believe I saw your car at AMP, love the striping. Bummer about the noise reg at AMP... I have failed on multiple occasions trying different exhaust setups. Some times I would pass and then on another occasion I would fail with the exact same exhaust. I think the climate plays a role in dB levels so can vary depending on the day.

I finally got fed up and just put my stock exhaust back on. Driving up from Tucson early in the morning just to get there and fail just got annoying after a while.

Hope to see you there. I will be in orange group. Normally hang out with a another white S550 and a grey s2k.
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Next events for me, a local Autox this weekend,

Texas Championship Tour (regional SCCA autox) next weekend, and finally

Two days of HDPE with Edge Addicts at Circuit of the Americas in May, which will me my first time on that track.

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I wish I could. I’ll be there this weekend to record my buddy in the morning then I have to run. I hope you get your 95 ready. I’m considering an SN95 for strictly track use. Inspire me.

[MENTION=24801]AlbertD[/MENTION] I’ll come over and introduce myself.
They are not the greatest handling car ever, but sure are fun to wrestle around the track. My old car even made its way into a Steeda email ad. I bought a caged 96 cobra for $6k and ran it for over three years. Now I have a caged 95 GT that I bought for $2500. Needed some electrical gremlins figured out. But the bang for the buck is pretty great. And if I crash it, there are several SN95 chassis for under 2K in my area.
12998578_1014165312006267_323096385940710465_n.jpg

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
Same here. I'll be in the Red group as this is my second HPDE. I got booted from AMP last month for noise even though I had done my introductory course there in Feb.
I was worried about that place. I'm glad I stayed away.

I'll introduce you to my buddy Kyle. It's his second HPDE too. He drives a Yellow Blaze mustang 5.0.

I'll look out for you too. I'll try to get all of you on video somehow. If not, I'll snag the wife's DSLR collecting dust for some shots.

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Team Steeda will be at Homestead Miami Speedway May 19th and 20th
#20%20Car.jpg

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I'm going to my first autocross this Sunday. CDC in Waldorf Maryland. Anyone on here going that wants to link up and give tips? There are a few mustangs on the roster.

Grafanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP 6MT
Waterford Hills - Clarkston,MI April 21st and 22nd.
Nelson Ledges - Garrettsville,OH April 29th.

Sponsored

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I'm thinking it'll be NYST On May 7th. Need to sign up in the next few days though... and I don't have a safe way to get gas to the track and they don't have pumps.

o-man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Tarheel Sports Car Club autocross in Danville VA on Sunday

qtrracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP Recaros; 86 GT 'Vert Pro-touring
I'm going to my first autocross this Sunday. CDC in Waldorf Maryland. Anyone on here going that wants to link up and give tips? There are a few mustangs on the roster.
Waldorf as set up by CDC will be a fun course. Usually it's done with two separate main features that cross in the middle (not exactly like a figure eight). Two cars on course when the first car crosses over to the other side. Last I looked there were 160 "confirmed" drivers with three run groups of 50+.

My spouse and I won't be there this time but we are usually regulars. Great crew.

Most important advice, have fun. Walk the course twice and take advantage of the novice walk. If it seems confusing, ask one of the officials to ride along. You'll get 3 morning and 3 afternoon runs, or 4 morning and call it a day.

Then assuming you are running the PP or similar tires, air them down to about 29F 27R cold. With my PP car, I always start in 2nd gear because the first element is usually immediate. This allows a little more control through that first series. Thereafter, leave it in 2nd. Be smooth (no jerking wheels or abrupt braking). Easier said than done. Just takes time.

Again, have fun. A/X is addictive.

c_reber

REB3R
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
`16 Mustang GT (PP), `15 X5 50i
LVMS ORC with Speedventures Saturday 4/21/18.

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
LVMS ORC with Speedventures Saturday 4/21/18.
Dang, that event is with my Local ProAuto Sports. I was debating this event or my local NASA in AZ that weekend. Make sure to take video as I want to do that track next year.
Sponsored