Sponsored

When will the 2018 hood scoops be available?

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly...just like the stick on side scoops?????
I might not mind taking off my factory ones on my GT/CS however I doubt they are stick on sadly.... I figure they have the two drilled position holes like previous Ford factory installed ones, so I doubt I want to yank them off to find those holes.
Sponsored

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
Ford's website say the wing is a "Performance rear wing". That sort of implies it provides a little down force, or something. I don't know, but I do like the way it looks a lot compared to a blade style that really does nothing.
"Aero-neutral" was the goal too much down force would cause either the base or the PP mustang too much down force in the rear and understeer (edit).

What is aero neutral? Where on the base model mustang it is the blade spoiler which really does nothing (soft suspension) and with the PP mustang yes, it is in the blogs as producing 60lbs of downforce at 80mph. The larger chin spliter: 23lbs of down force at 80mph. If it had harder track oriented suspension bits, "aero-neutral" would have come with a much higher angle, which the GT350's spoiler i think does 100lbs of down force at 80mph.

Guys who throw large spoilers on base suspension or even PP can end up upsetting the balance by causing understeer but only at super high speeds I reckon. With hard suspension there is almost no limit to the amount of downforce you can safely apply. Maybe ill throw a gurny flap on mine once the suspension is done. Kidding. I like the PP spoiler as it fits perfectly with my Mach 1 styling cues. I have one sitting in my closet 6 feet away from me as we speak.

Edit, actually i may have to back peddle. I think the 60lbs is the small blade spoiler. I think that is what comes on both the base and the PP2?

Last edited:

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Well done breast implants are one of the best things on this planet! To quote Jack Black in Shallow Hal: "I can squeeze them that's real enough for me."

Whereas with stick on fake vents on cars - you can't squeeze them, so IMO they are a waste. To each his own, though.
Who says you can't squeeze scoops, this is one of the most enjoyable moments during my time I spend caressing my Mustang during her bath

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
"Aero-neutral" was the goal too much down force would cause either the base or the PP mustang too much down force in the rear and understeer in the trunk.

What is aero neutral? Where on the base model mustang it is the blade spoiler which really does nothing (soft suspension) and with the PP mustang yes, it is in the blogs as producing 60lbs of downforce at 80mph. The larger chin spliter: 23lbs of down force at 80mph. If it had harder track oriented suspension bits, "aero-neutral" would have come with a much higher angle, which the GT350's spoiler i think does 100lbs of down force at 80mph.

Guys who throw large spoilers on base suspension or even PP can end up upsetting the balance by causing understeer but only at super high speeds I reckon. With hard suspension there is almost no limit to the amount of downforce you can safely apply. Maybe ill throw a gurny flap on mine once the suspension is done. Kidding. I like the PP spoiler as it fits perfectly with my Mach 1 styling cues. I have one sitting in my closet 6 feet away from me as we speak.

Edit, actually i may have to back peddle. I think the 60lbs is the small blade spoiler. I think that is what comes on both the base and the PP2?
Dude.....seriously......

You keep quoting "down force" numbers. You seem to miss that those "down-force" numbers have to be subtracted from the lift numbers all normal vehicles generate.

The splitters and wings on Mustangs are for show, nothing more. They're

Plus, there's no such thing as "under-steer in the trunk". Which definitely suggests you don't know what under-steer means.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Who says you can't squeeze scoops, this is one of the most enjoyable moments during my time I spend caressing my Mustang during her bath
Something tells me the two experiences are a bit different. One being significantly better than the other...

Sponsored

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
Hey ass hole.

It was a typo.

Also don't shoot the messenger I never said if it mattered I just quoted what they released. "You keep quoting".
WTF are you talking about? It isn't like i am going up and down the forums talking about stock aero. This isn't even my damm thread i just quoted what the engineer said in a video. STFU

If you want to correct something I said or add/clarify info then by ALL MEANS please do.

There is actually a typo in your message....but I don't have to be a dick head and attack you over it..nor would I ever bother.

If all you want to do is act like a douch bag and hurl insults at a tired forum member (over a fking typo) looking something up and QUOTING what a ford engineer said in the release video and what was looked up from auto sources...

Fuck off.

Dude.....seriously......

You keep quoting "down force" numbers. You seem to miss that those "down-force" numbers have to be subtracted from the lift numbers all normal vehicles generate.

The splitters and wings on Mustangs are for show, nothing more. They're

Plus, there's no such thing as "under-steer in the trunk". Which definitely suggests you don't know what under-steer means.

Last edited:

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
NoVaGT, Allentown: Get A Rume (sp?).

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
NoVaGT, Allentown: Get A Rume (sp?).
True that. I almost feel bad about losing my temper. I am as nice a person you can ever meet and you can even insult me if i feel i deserve it. But insult me out of the blue for no reason and a little crazy monster goes off in me..the borderline homicidal kind. :)

18ROUSH_RS2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DK
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona ROUSH RS2
Vehicle Showcase
ROUSH should REALLY release their 2018+ Ram air scoop they call the "Air Gobbler"....
Its a 3D printed part designed for the ROUSH 729 car...Bolt on scoop that is Functional!
HOWEVER, Last I heard is that they were NOT bringing it to market :crying:

SCoop.jpg
Gobbler.jpg

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I like breast implants....

Sponsored

MegaMagneticStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Turbo Mustang all Magnetic
I like breast implants....
as do i. lol.

however, I agree with the OP; hopefully someone will make a hood scoop soon...

interestingly enough, i found this by accident; its just the heat vents from the hood, but MP concepts seems to have a scoop here... i just cant find the actual SCOOP for sale anywhere...

https://www.dhgate.com/product/fit-for-ford-mustang-mp-2018-hood-cover-hood/446910524.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fit...83-423c-8a99-99d77836ef7d&transAbTest=ae803_4

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1AjsUa.vrK1RjSspcq6zzSXXaI.jpg

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I guess functionality is my litmus test. The new wing on the 18-19 PP1 cars is ridiculous, because it doesn't do anything. Side-scoops, hood-scoops, and other such stuff, looks really silly. Add in that it does nothing, and it's........even more silly.

But, yeah, DSFDF.
I though the wing becomes necessary around 180 MPH? But the car is governed before it gets there.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I though the wing becomes necessary around 180 MPH? But the car is governed before it gets there.
The car wouldn't make it to 180 un-governed. Mustangs are 160-165 MPH cars, tops. Unless modified, of course.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
....Just don’t have to slam the guys and their mods if you don’t like them!!.....
I didn't slam anybody or their cars.

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
as do i. lol.

however, I agree with the OP; hopefully someone will make a hood scoop soon...

interestingly enough, i found this by accident; its just the heat vents from the hood, but MP concepts seems to have a scoop here... i just cant find the actual SCOOP for sale anywhere...

https://www.dhgate.com/product/fit-for-ford-mustang-mp-2018-hood-cover-hood/446910524.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fit...83-423c-8a99-99d77836ef7d&transAbTest=ae803_4

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1AjsUa.vrK1RjSspcq6zzSXXaI.jpg

Uhgggg,, That is one Fugly scoop ... That Roush one isn't much better.

Sponsored