Sponsored

When will 2018 allocations be assigned? R allocations?

OP
OP
96cobra

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Ford Performance cannot and will not verify an allocation. Ask me how I know. Call them with your order number and dealer code. Then ask them to verify whether this R order has been allocated by ford. They will tell you to reach out to your dealer and your rep. But wait.... your dealer is the one who took the order and your deposit. To add insult to injury, they don't feel it necessary to confirm anything because they just took your order.

You need to get something in writing from the rep. I always advise making that part of the initial deal because it is awkward and difficult after the fact.

Eric, a lot of this is rhetorical for people to read and learn from, so again for anyone else in a similar situation, a dealer can take an order and a deposit. Unless the order is allocated, the car will never get built.
Let me specify- I saw the detailed sheet, addressed to the dealer, stating how allocations were determined, and at the end of the sheet was the #'s given to that specific dealer. Already verified that this is how Ford initially gave out who's getting what. As far as Ford Performance goes, I know if you call them they won't give anything out, not talking about that.. this was an official doc with GT350 on the header, etc., so it is what it is. This is a doc that was sent to dealers a week or so ago to let them know what they are getting.

But yeah, I'm not the type to sit back, will definitely follow through with finding out who the rep is as an extra piece of mind. Thanks for looking out, it would be devastating to get burned, and this is good info that to me is insurance against a horrible situation of not getting a car after waiting a year... I couldn't imagine what that would feel like and don't want to find out.
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Let me specify- I saw the detailed sheet, addressed to the dealer, stating how allocations were determined, and at the end of the sheet was the #'s given to that specific dealer. Already verified that this is how Ford initially gave out who's getting what. As far as Ford Performance goes, I know if you call them they won't give anything out, not talking about that.. this was an official doc with GT350 on the header, etc., so it is what it is. This is a doc that was sent to dealers a week or so ago to let them know what they are getting.

But yeah, I'm not the type to sit back, will definitely follow through with finding out who the rep is as an extra piece of mind. Thanks for looking out, it would be devastating to get burned, and this is good info that to me is insurance against a horrible situation of not getting a car after waiting a year... I couldn't imagine what that would feel like and don't want to find out.
From my standpoint it is very simple and really no need to get a regional Ford rep involved.

Either your dealership presently has a 2018 R allocation or they do not.

If they do have an allocation for a 2018 R model they can then order a GT350R in your name with all of your spec's and receive back a VOC (and provide you with a copy) which indicates the customers name (Eric) along with all options ordered, pricing and a priority build number.

Have you asked for a VOC from your dealership?:shrug:

If your dealership is not willing or able to provide you with a VOC for your R model then I would be very concerned.

:cheers:

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
From my standpoint it is very simple and really no need to get a regional Ford rep involved.

Either your dealership presently has a 2018 R allocation or they do not.

If they do have an allocation for a 2018 R model they can then order a GT350R in your name with all of your spec's and receive back a VOC (and provide you with a copy) which indicates the customers name (Eric) along with all options ordered, pricing and a priority build number.

Have you asked for a VOC from your dealership?:shrug:

If your dealership is not willing or able to provide you with a VOC for your R model then I would be very concerned.

Good info right here, I'd want to be 100% sure also.

OP
OP
96cobra

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Well, I got a copy of the Preview order form which shows my GT350R order as I specced it out, along with my name in the customer name box, Priority code 10, and sales code along with my dealer's address and where my R is supposed to land. Is this the one you are talking about PP001?

Thanks again for your help!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Well, I got a copy of the Preview order form which shows my GT350R order as I specced it out, along with my name in the customer name box, Priority code 10, and sales code along with my dealer's address and where my R is supposed to land. Is this the one you are talking about PP001?

Thanks again for your help!
Without seeing it is hard to tell but sounds to me like you have the right form.

At the very top of your form it should say "Vehicle Order Confirmation" and then right under that on the left hand side it will have an Order No. XXX Priority: 10 which is good.

Below that line will be your Order Code: 920A and Customer Name: Eric XXXX

Then ~20 lines on both sides of the page outlining your options and pricing.

Just an old guy that has bought a lot of Blue Oval cars for the last ~50 years and trying to help out so apologize for any misunderstanding Eric!

Good luck and I sincerely hope that it all works out for you!

Sponsored