Sponsored

R Allocations Via Lottery?

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
It's been mentioned previously and I just heard it 2nd hand from a Manager from his Ford Rep and yet we've also heard of dealerships having received allocations for Rs and members who have already ordered Rs and have even I believe received DORAs. Who is on 1st?
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Is a DORA a true confirmation that those who placed an order will even get that order fulfilled?

My understanding of a DORA from my dealership friend is that it is a receipt of order placement but not a confirmation of actual fulfillment.

jlwdvm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 350R, '13 Boss 302, '15 Z/28, '69 TA
FWIT, when placing my order my dealer asked if I wanted an R. When I said no he replied that that was good because R allocations hadn't been determined yet. But unless you hear it directly from Ford, who knows!

drmustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Its time to step back and take a deep breath here. Spend a few minutes researching the sales history of recent special edition Mustang. You will very quickly recognize a repetitive pattern. Hype and nonsense prior to initial deliveries, early adopters paying full sticker and in some cases a premium over that level, gradual market saturation as the 1st year winds down, followed by the inevitable surplus. There will be G350 looking for a home sooner than later. Terminators, Mach1s, SVT Cobras, GT500s, GT500KRS, Shelby GTs, etc. All the same scenario.

OP
OP
FPCV8YO

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Is a DORA a true confirmation that those who placed an order will even get that order fulfilled?

My understanding of a DORA from my dealership friend is that it is a receipt of order placement but not a confirmation of actual fulfillment.
I asked a similar question and the response was that without an allocation that they wouldn't be able to place the order.

Sponsored

bullittman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350 chassis 0387
I asked a similar question and the response was that without an allocation that they wouldn't be able to place the order.
Correct, no allocation, no order, no DORA. DORA is the proof that vehicle will be built........Eventually:thumbsup:

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know

If you have a DORA, you will get the car. However, you won't know anything is happening until you get the VIN, which can take weeks or even months. That means the car is scheduled for production.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
FWIT, when placing my order my dealer asked if I wanted an R. When I said no he replied that that was good because R allocations hadn't been determined yet. But unless you hear it directly from Ford, who knows!
Same with me, made it very clear it was a non-R package allocation. And there are also members on here with standing orders for R package cars. But I could see the very big dealers getting R allocations and then having the remaining units go via lottery to the smaller dealers.

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
I hope it's easy to order, buying an R.

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I hope it's easy to order, buying an R.
It's easy to order as long as the dealer has an allocation for an R... the difficult part is securing an R for MSRP (no ADM).

FiveLiterDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The R allocation was determined by a lottery system dealer entries were determined by the number of Mustang sales over the past 2 years 2013-2015. Every Mustang sale gained you an entry so that volume mustang dealers would be favored but smaller dealers would still have a chance. the 2015 Mustang GT350 was done in a similar manner however most were taken by Ford higher ups before the lottery.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
Its time to step back and take a deep breath here. Spend a few minutes researching the sales history of recent special edition Mustang. You will very quickly recognize a repetitive pattern. Hype and nonsense prior to initial deliveries, early adopters paying full sticker and in some cases a premium over that level, gradual market saturation as the 1st year winds down, followed by the inevitable surplus. There will be G350 looking for a home sooner than later. Terminators, Mach1s, SVT Cobras, GT500s, GT500KRS, Shelby GTs, etc. All the same scenario.
True, But the advantage the early adopters have...is getting the car ordered the way they want it. The rest will have to browse what the dealers ordered in anticipation of the sales or the leftovers that fell through. Having a DORA in hand doesn't always mean that the deal will go through. Some will walk away, others will simply change their mind, while some will just have a change of financial status during the time it takes to build that car. Then you get to pick through their leftovers.

There is STILL a beautiful 2013 GT500 vert at a dealer near me with a 73k sticker on it. No one is buying it.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
A DORA is NOT a guarantee that a car will be built - only that Ford has received an order from the dealer. I've ordered plenty of cars for the dealership I work for over the years that never got built despite DORA's being printed for each and every order.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
A DORA is NOT a guarantee that a car will be built - only that Ford has received an order from the dealer. I've ordered plenty of cars for the dealership I work for over the years that never got built despite DORA's being printed for each and every order.
Thanks!!! That is EXACTLY what I was told cause my dealer keeps telling me they do not know their allotted 350/R status so they won't waste the time of placing an order till they know they're allotment, especially since I'm trying to get an R.
Sponsored