Sponsored

When is the "embargo" lifted and when will "real people" deliveries start?

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Press event 10/22-10/x
Tracktour 10/27-10/28
Embargo lifted 10/31
1st deliveries scheduled 11/05
Ford vs Ferrari 11/15

Not coincidental
Right on.
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
We're all tired of waiting..... When will there be articles in the press and when will real civilians get their hands on these machines? With winter coming to the midwest soon I'm fine with waiting til spring and holding on to my money til then. I the interim I got a ride in Fathouse Fab's 1200R Mustang and 800 HP GT350R and I actually blurted out expletives in the 1200 R. The GT350R made me long for the GT500 - minus the Recaro's. Not for 225lbs and 6'2.
Over the last ~20 years I distinctly recall the launch of many Halo Mustang models including the 2000 Cobra R, the 2007 GT500, 2012 Boss 302/LS, 2015 50th Anniversary Mustang GT, 2015 GT350/R and now the 2020 GT500.

Without a doubt the biggest failure and disappointment over all those years at least from my standpoint has to be the launch (or lack thereof) of the 2020 GT500.

For me it is not a personal issue with respect to the timing of when I will actually receive my 2020 GT500 but it is more of a disappointment and ever growing frustration that I continue to feel and receive from many of my fellow Mustang buddies as they continue to endure the constant delays, set backs and most importantly the constant lack of communication and transparency from the senior management in Dearborn over the last ~6 months with respect to all things GT500.

I have been a loyal and strong supporter of the Blue Oval Brand and specifically all things Mustang for over 50 years but the present launch of the 2020 GT500 is very agonizing, frustrating and disappointing to say the very least and hope that Ford and FP gets their act together very soon as my fellow Mustang friends, buddies and enthusiasts deserve much more than what we are presently receiving.

:frown:

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
While we are venting....
I currently own three SVT/FP Mustangs and my daily drivers are two Lincolns (Navigator for me & a new Nautilus for the wife). So I am certainly a Ford fan. However, after a significant ADM; healthy deposit; an early order; an early VIN; an early build date (9/23); and now sliding to “Week of” 12/2 (maybe), my patience is wearing thin. Zero transparency from the Dealer, Regional Rep or FP. Looks like they just took my money and disappeared.
So, I inquired about a C8. Can get a pretty loaded version for about the same price; in nearly-TO; without any hassle (no ADM, no deposit, etc.)... I’m close to pulling the plug on my GT500 order unless I receive some clarity soon. All the fun is evaporating.:brokenheart:

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
While we are venting....
I currently own three SVT/FP Mustangs and my daily drivers are two Lincolns (Navigator for me & a new Nautilus for the wife). So I am certainly a Ford fan. However, after a significant ADM; healthy deposit; an early order; an early VIN; an early build date (9/23); and now sliding to “Week of” 12/2 (maybe), my patience is wearing thin. Zero transparency from the Dealer, Regional Rep or FP. Looks like they just took my money and disappeared.
So, I inquired about a C8. Can get a pretty loaded version for about the same price; in nearly-TO; without any hassle (no ADM, no deposit, etc.)... I’m close to pulling the plug on my GT500 order unless I receive some clarity soon. All the fun is evaporating.:brokenheart:
Unfortunately, I feel like The Chairmans and PP001s feelings are that of many people on this forum and in the GT500 buyer pool in general. I know everyone is going to say their are long list, so many potential buyers, etc... however as more potential buyers get disgruntled and go with alternates, ZR1, Demon, C8 .... Ford will lose loyal enthusiasts, potential new customers and find themselves having issues with sales over this model lifecycle.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Evan: I certainly agree with both you and Harry regarding Ford's less-than-spectacular job of informing folks about the vehicle. However, I have a feeling they know the market fairly well and I'll be surprised if anything changes very much with ADM's or, Ford's inclination to spill the beans. They've been at this game for a long time.

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I read an article about Hackett being in the hot seat because of a botched explorer launch, couldn’t help but wonder if that has delayed or affected the 500 launch. It may have zero to do with it, idk, some of you may know different. But man did that sound like a mess.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Ford's new product cadence really blows lately. GT500 is only one example, the puzzle piece thing was really dumb.

How about that Bronco? I was really interested in one, but there's been no solid info on it for seemingly forever. I really wanted the Bronco to the be replacement for my lemony-scented Jeep Wrangler DD but decided it needed to go sooner than later so I went with a new F150 instead. Really needed a truck anyway, and figured they can't screw up their cash cow (or can they....).

Halloween can't come soon enough so we finally get the goods on the GT500.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Evan: I certainly agree with both you and Harry regarding Ford's less-than-spectacular job of informing folks about the vehicle. However, I have a feeling they know the market fairly well and I'll be surprised if anything changes very much with ADM's or, Ford's inclination to spill the beans. They've been at this game for a long time.
I waited nearly a year for my ‘99 Mustang Cobra (ordered in Aug ‘98 and delivered in Jul ‘99), but they told us about the delays and we were patient. And the car still had about half a dozen recalls to get it right. I fully understand it if they are working out issues before they release them to the world. No one wants to go though what happened in 1999 (which by the way resulted in the cancelation of the 2000 model year — except for the few “R” models.). In the end, I did get a nice leather jacket from SVT, along with a apology. I still have that car — its been bullet proof.
But now, the FP production process seems to have no logic at all...

OP
OP
OH3Cobra

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
I'm sure the Explorer launch has had an effect. They are trucking vehicles to FRAP (where the GT500 is made) an pulling top end ppl to help turn the cars around (addressing several issues per press).

I want the right car - I bought and 03 Cobra Convertible (Mineral Gray - 1 of 155) and had to lemon law it. Bought a second run car and still own it today. The fact that winter is coming and I can hold on to my 85K until spring isn't a bad thing.

That said - Dodge has marketing figured out. They keep reinventing the Challenger/Charger and are the kings of instagram HP videos. Themes for days, reinforce the brand etc.

Ford seems to focus on clicks and YTubers. Not sure which is effective. If I start one as a 55 year old man you'll get facts and thoughts in 3 minutes or less. Be succinct people!

My final hope is - when i turn the key (sorry- push the button), put it in gear (turn the dial), and mash the throttle (still there thank God) all of this will be in the rear view mirror (with some smoke)

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t agree more. The release of this car leaves a lot to be desired, that is for sure. I want THIS car, pulling out at any point, especially now would not rid the want for the car, only introduce regret for not continuing to wait. We are getting close my friends!

Sponsored
OP
OP
OH3Cobra

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
if you're KB's wife and pictured in the photo...…. I'm married.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
While we are venting....

Ive been incorrectly labelled a strongly supportive fanboy by mostly anyone whom reads my posts - not so- just so happens Ford products deliver on everything im looking for to fill certain voids, i will go to whichever brand satisfies the criteria- however, the lack of advertising im 100% ok with. the lack of information regarding the delays setbacks and the illogical roll-out, especially my own situation, is also quickly evaporating, actually HAS evaporated any excitement I had about receiving the car. How would one be excited to take delivery of a vehicle 3+ months later than scheduled, because its a different color? And then seeing Mexico is getting 3 cars, 1 at least is in the same color (mine) thats been reserved for 2nd batch? Yea, super excited about FP process so far.
What am I going to do with a brand new, highly sought after track car during 5 months of 25-45* weather, which happens to be its 1st 5 months of life?

...The C8 is already been strapped to a dyno for Gods sakes...and here we are...still waiting...
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2020-chevrolet-corvette-c8-power-dyno/
if you think its got 550hp, you dont know performance
Sponsored