Sponsored

Wheels Chipped At Dealership

Lantastic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Manual
I recently took my car in to have the oil changed and also swap out the winter tires that had been on the car for the summer tires that came with it. I'll briefly describe my experience to provide a little background:

I dropped my car of at 7:45. These changes should have gone pretty quickly. I called at 3:00 to inquire on the status and they could not provide one. At 4:00 they called back and said it'd be ready in half an hour. When I arrived at 5:00 they told me 10 minutes. I waited for almost an hour and just before 6:00 I finally took my car home. When driving it home it was pulling to the right pretty badly, and upon checking everything out when I arrived it turns out they put the back 275 section tires on the drivers side, and the front 255 section tires on the passenger. When I took it back the next day it turns out they'd also broken a valve stem and needed to replace that. So between the time it took to perform the service and this this oversight and error they clearly rushed and/or didn't have their A team on the job.

Upon washing it today I discovered 4 chips/scratches on the wheel that hadn't been there before. I wash my car on a weekly basis, and spend a lot of time on the wheels. I have the black PP wheels, and I have to carefully clean and inspect them every week, but it's worth it because they look great! Point being I know these chips were not there before, and I've done nothing obvious since that could have resulted in them.

Question is do I stand a chance taking this up with the dealer? Or since, because I can't prove it was them, am I just SOL?
Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
I usually have a walk around of my car with the service guy before handing over the keys for any shop or dealership work.

That way, when the work is done, I have another walk around before accepting the keys and check for any damage during its visit. If it has a single mark on it, I won't accept the car back until it is exactly how I dropped it off.

In your case, without being able to prove the damage was not there before they worked on the car, you will have a hard time making them accountable.

Sorry to hear of your experience.

RitzGT

Serial Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6sp
Meh....this is why I refuse to take any of my vehicles to a dealer unless there's a warranty repair. While I'm sure there's a few good ones out there, the vast majority suck. Rather just do the work myself and KNOW that it got done right, even if I have to waste a little time on a weekend to do it.

Oil change: 10 minutes
Swap tires: 10-20 minutes

And I get to do it on MY schedule.

Sorry to hear that they roached your rims. That sucks man.

Best,

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I agree never to the dealership unless required for warranty.

I would just get a set of winter rims. American Muscle has the reproduction PP rims for like $175 a piece. http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-performance-pack-wheels-2015.html#shop-by1

Be much easier than taking the tires off twice a year and pay for itself over the years. Jack up car one side at a time 5 minutes to unbolt and bolt the winter on

OP
OP

Lantastic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Manual
I agree never to the dealership unless required for warranty.

I would just get a set of winter rims. American Muscle has the reproduction PP rims for like $175 a piece. http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-performance-pack-wheels-2015.html#shop-by1

Be much easier than taking the tires off twice a year and pay for itself over the years. Jack up car one side at a time 5 minutes to unbolt and bolt the winter on
That's a good idea. Thanks for pointing that out! Thankfully they shouldn't be all that tough to touch up. I find that due to their complexity and spindly nature blemishes are rather hard to see (especially after touch up) on these wheels, despite being black. So this dealer may have lost my business but I'm not too upset about it.
Sponsored