Chemical Guys at CJ Pony

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
i see they are carrying Chemical Guys detail stuff now.
i have not bought anything from cjp in quite a while due to their poor service..
has that changed? and how reliable would it be to order the CG stuff from them or just go the
CG website and order directly from the MFG??
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I’ve never had any issues with CJPP, but I know that some others have. Chemical Guys also sells their stuff on Amazon.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I buy directly from CG. CG ships often same day and packages arrive quickly. Their web site is clear as to if things are in stock or not.

I'd consider buying CG from another site (CJ or otherwise) if I was wrapping it up as part of a bigger purchase. Sometimes you can get all the bits from one place, then receive free shipping, etc.

Back to CG, they just finished a Labor Day sale where a lot of their fluid chemicals were all 25% off. If you can, might be worthwhile to wait of next until next Holiday.

Last edited:

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I’ve been using Chemical Guys since I got my car and like their stuff. I always order direct and have no issues, then realized they have a retail location 10 min from my house and will sometimes go pick the stuff up.

All that being said, I like their products but it seems to not last very long. I wax the car and it looks amazing and a day or two later it loses its depth…

Sponsored

AZRobert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 400a Atlas Blue Auto, Black Accent
If you are one of the "want it today" types - the Walmart's in my area have a pretty big section of Chemical Guys stuff - even the 3gal buckets.

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
Amazon, direct from CG or even Costco has CG stuff. CJP would not be the place for that in my opinion, especially given free shipping and/or cheaper.

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
Don’t buy chemical Guys stuff. If you want good quality look into brands like Gyeon , CarPro , Koch chemie , P&S.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Don’t buy chemical Guys stuff. If you want good quality look into brands like Gyeon , CarPro , Koch chemie , P&S.
I'm going to echo the recommendation of those brands, I use and love products from all of them, but.............................it's important to like what you are using. If you like the product or brand, that means you are enjoying the process and hopefully getting the results you want.

I'm going to make some analogies here that relate to our Mustang's -

Brands like Chemical Guys, Turtle Wax, Mothers, Adam's and the retail line of Meguiar's are like the Mustang V6 and Ecoboost; good performers and great value for money.

Brands such as Autoglym, P&S, Gyeon and the Meguiar's professional line are like the Mustang GT; great performance, great results, agreeable prices.

Brands like Carpro, Koch Chemie, Gtechniq and NV are like the Mustang GT-350 or GT-500; exceptional performance, stunning results and a premium price.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
D: I pretty much stick with Carpro for detail work but I do use CG's Snowfoam and I use their tire shine on our other two vehicles. The big girl only gets the CarPro offerings and she gets the royal treatment regularly. :-)

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
D: I pretty much stick with Carpro for detail work but I do use CG's Snowfoam and I use their tire shine on our other two vehicles. The big girl only gets the CarPro offerings and she gets the royal treatment regularly. :-)
CG soaps are pretty good. I'm sure you know this already, just be sure your chosen soap doesn't have any gloss enhancers, an important factor for ceramic coatings.

KB, have you tried Carpro Reset?

jul211.jpg

jul211-1.jpg

You know I "sleep around" when it comes to detailing products but Reset is THE best soap on the market. Lubricity and slickness, cleaning ability and scent are it's hallmarks.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Actually, D, I have not but...I have HAD a bottle of it on my shelf for quite some time. It's pricey like the rest of the CarPro line so I was saving it for a special occasion, whatever the hell that is. <smiling>

However, since you suggested I give it a looksee, I shall do that on the very next wash. What ratio do you put in the cannon jar?

Remember, I rinse, foam, rinse, wash, rinse, di-rinse, and blow dry. Should I stick with SnowFoam for the cannon and use Reset in the bucket? I only need the foam to soak and loosen and I never wash right after foaming.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Actually, D, I have not but...I have HAD a bottle of it on my shelf for quite some time. It's pricey like the rest of the CarPro line so I was saving it for a special occasion, whatever the hell that is. <smiling>

However, since you suggested I give it a looksee, I shall do that on the very next wash. What ratio do you put in the cannon jar?

Remember, I rinse, foam, rinse, wash, rinse, di-rinse, and blow dry. Should I stick with SnowFoam for the cannon and use Reset in the bucket? I only need the foam to soak and loosen and I never wash right after foaming.
I don't prescribe to the notion of using two different soaps, as in one for the foam cannon and one for the bucket.

The foam cannon dilution ratio is not published by Carpro, despite them having glossy images of Reset being foamed. The original formulation apparently didn't foam very well, so I used 120+ml of it in my foam cannon. However, Reset was updated a few years ago to rectify that, I have tried it at 50+ml and still got great foam. I also add a slug to my wash bucket.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Kinda what I was thinking, D...many thanks, as always. I can't say how old my bottle is but next time I get the PW out, IF I can remember, I'll give Reset a shot with some test foaming. I probably use a higher concentration than necessary simply because I like good foam. :cool: But, when it's too runny, it can't remain on for very long in our hot sun. I compromise somewhere in between I guess.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Kinda what I was thinking, D...many thanks, as always. I can't say how old my bottle is but next time I get the PW out, IF I can remember, I'll give Reset a shot with some test foaming. I probably use a higher concentration than necessary simply because I like good foam. :cool: But, when it's too runny, it can't remain on for very long in our hot sun. I compromise somewhere in between I guess.
I got shot down elsewhere when I mentioned I used 120+ml of Reset, that’s what I was using and liking. I don’t buy product for it to sit on the shelf, I use what I find works.
Sponsored