Sponsored

Wheel nuts!

Andy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 race red gt
Hi all,

Had a puncture yesterday,a screw in the offside rear, right on the edge so can't be repaired. :-(
Asda tyres were on par with Costco and mytyres.com about £226 for mp4s.
I have a space saver it's the one from nemesis,first time I have used it in 3 years so not too bad I suppose.
Problem is that the locking nut key does not fit so can't tighten the fifth nut.
I have looked on eBay but it's a minefield loads of different sizes,anyone know the size and where I can get one for future use please?
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
When you say the locking key doesn’t fit, do you mean it won’t fit the locking nuts or that you don’t have a socket to fit the key ? :like:

WD :like:

OP
OP
Andy22

Andy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 race red gt
Hi mate,
The socket won't fit in to tighten the locking nut. I don't think they use locking nuts in the states.i need to know where I can get 1 nut to use with spare.🤔
IMG_20210930_115317.jpg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ah OK I see now - I had heard that some afthermaket wheels had smaller pockets and it looks like you have fallen foul of that :frown:

Did Ford not give you the four they took off when they fitted the lockers ? (Mine were in the boot with the locking key).

OP
OP
Andy22

Andy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 race red gt
Ah OK I see now - I had heard that some afthermaket wheels had smaller pockets and it looks like you have fallen foul of that :frown:

Did Ford not give you the four they took off when they fitted the lockers ? (Mine were in the boot with the locking key).

Thanks WD.
found them in the shed, been there 3 years forgot all about them.
Just a heads up if any one has the Automotive Authority spare to keep a non locking nut in the boot 😅

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
or just don't use locking nuts. Either has issues for sure but locking nuts are PITA

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Yours are different from my OEM, supplied with convertibles as part of the enhanced security package. They are no bigger around than the lug nuts.
C40E4141-828E-44F4-9C40-670AFEBC8719.jpeg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yours are different from my OEM, supplied with convertibles as part of the enhanced security package. They are no bigger around than the lug nuts.
Euros (or maybe specifically U.K.) cars get the first type shown, everywhere else seems to get the type in your picture - I’m not sure why Ford do that ?

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Euros (or maybe specifically U.K.) cars get the first type shown, everywhere else seems to get the type in your picture - I’m not sure why Ford do that ?
Probably the same thinking that results in the factory wind blocker available in Europe not being sold in Canada/USA.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV

The cars come to the UK without locking nuts and they are then supplied at this end, hence the reason for the spare nuts in a bag - which having typed it sounds distinctly dodgy !

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I originally thought that but someone (on here) corrected me and I think they were right.

I got to see my car straight off the transporter and they were already in the trunk (with the mats and front plate mount).

OK, they could have been added at the docks, but the info that comes with them is American and they are also itemised on the window sticker as wheel locking kit #2 :

1633372146575.jpeg

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
You could take a normal nut from another wheel and just fit the locking nut to that wheel until you get it sorted.👍

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
So glad I don't have to deal with these. Many moons ago I had locking lugs. They were exactly the one shown.

That style is one of the first to hit the market, 40 years back............never again. I have a hard time believing it could be torqued to 150 .
Sponsored