Wheel and Tire Setup S550 GT

domo10r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dominic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10r80
I recently purchased a ‘18 GT non PP and it came with a small ass square 235 setup on 18x8 wheels those just obviously aren’t it so I wanna buy a new setup, I’m fairly new to the car community so apologies in advance for any errors I might make in this post 🙏.

I’m currently on MeganRacing Coilovers (EZII), I emailed them so I could be sure about the stock drop but they never got back to me so I’m assuming it’s 1”, but I think it could be lower because it seems lower than most of the other 1” dropped s550s I see (gonna attach a imagine). I would like to run 305s in the back and 275s in the front. I like the way the car looks with bigger tires in the back and I can afford it so I would like to do it. I also do have plans to add more power to this car eventually, but just not right now. I bought this car roughly a month ago and I came from a 2015 Chevy equinox so I’m totally satisfied with the power I’m making right now.

Right now I’m considering getting some weld s152s for the rear and some Ferrada F4s in the front but I’m not to sure on the specs I should get so I’d totally appreciate some help.

(Pls ignore front end damage someone tapped my bumper while my car was PARKED and it’s currently in the body shop getting repaired and is “supposed” to be finished tomorrow 😈)

IMG_3584.jpeg

IMG_3583.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

domo10r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dominic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10r80
Never thought about this, so thanks. I’m also considering Ferrada f4s all around, any advice on what you think a good setup would be for me? The only performance mods I’m considering for the near future would be e85 tune and Catless long tubes and a intake.

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
Never thought about this, so thanks. I’m also considering Ferrada f4s all around, any advice on what you think a good setup would be for me? The only performance mods I’m considering for the near future would be e85 tune and Catless long tubes and a intake.
While the Ferrada Fr4 are a great looking wheel there is no way i would put them on my car given how heavy they are , definitely not a perfrormance rim . All form not much function .

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Check out Late Model Restoration. They have a nice wheel selection under the “SVE” line. Almost all of them are on the lighter end of the market and are an awesome value. Lots of good designs.

Don’t put a heavy wheel on the car. 22-25lbs per wheel is a good place to be.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
I recently purchased a ‘18 GT non PP and it came with a small ass square 235 setup on 18x8 wheels those just obviously aren’t it so I wanna buy a new setup, I’m fairly new to the car community so apologies in advance for any errors I might make in this post 🙏.

I’m currently on MeganRacing Coilovers (EZII), I emailed them so I could be sure about the stock drop but they never got back to me so I’m assuming it’s 1”, but I think it could be lower because it seems lower than most of the other 1” dropped s550s I see (gonna attach a imagine). I would like to run 305s in the back and 275s in the front. I like the way the car looks with bigger tires in the back and I can afford it so I would like to do it. I also do have plans to add more power to this car eventually, but just not right now. I bought this car roughly a month ago and I came from a 2015 Chevy equinox so I’m totally satisfied with the power I’m making right now.

Right now I’m considering getting some weld s152s for the rear and some Ferrada F4s in the front but I’m not to sure on the specs I should get so I’d totally appreciate some help.

(Pls ignore front end damage someone tapped my bumper while my car was PARKED and it’s currently in the body shop getting repaired and is “supposed” to be finished tomorrow 😈)

IMG_3584.jpeg

IMG_3583.jpeg
Hey this is junior from N4SM, for a rear weld set up what fits perfect is a 17x10 305/45/17 or a 18x10 305/40/18.
We have found what fits perfect for the front is a 19x10 +35 with a 275/35 tire. Same specs if you want to go 20" front.

Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
275 35 20 and 305 30 20. Got the setup from LMR and it fits perfectly. I am not lowered (Magneride PP car) however but I don't doubt they would fit fine. Velgen VF5 lightweight series.

And I agree, 235 wide tires on a V8 powered Rear Wheel drive car is criminal. Mine came with 275 wide in the rear stock and was a little better.

IMG_0006.jpeg

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
That rear drop is way closer to 2" than 1. If it was set up correctly and not butchered, I believe 1.5 drop is common on those cheap coilovers.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I would pick a nice 18-19'' rim that is lighter or equal to stock. Go minimum 275 rears. I love my staggered 305/315 setup. 20" or more just adds weight and makes the ride bumpy ask me how I know.
Sponsored