Sponsored

What's In DFB's Cabinet?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Fingers crossed for you. Make sure you insist on them NOT washing the car, have it noted on the service sheet.
And the tab they put on the keys ...

And wait for it, making sure you are positioned to see the exit door for the workshop (or close enough to hear it start) ...

WD :like:
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
And then, onto one of my favorite things to do, filling up spray bottles.
I only refill them individually when needed, amigo, but I had a humorous mental image of you refilling a couple hundred! <grin>

About that time I noticed the way kewel plastic spouts on the gallon bottles! I have a bunch of the smaller spouts for the standard size but never thought to find some for the gallons.

However, a quick search found LOTS of sellers and I ordered three. Out the door it was just shy of $18 and I know I'm gonna like having them as filling a graduated cylinder with the big bottles is tricky. Thanks again my friend.

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
Fingers crossed for you. Make sure you insist on them NOT washing the car, have it noted on the service sheet.
I already printed it out to stick on dash

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I only refill them individually when needed, amigo, but I had a humorous mental image of you refilling a couple hundred! <grin>

About that time I noticed the way kewel plastic spouts on the gallon bottles! I have a bunch of the smaller spouts for the standard size but never thought to find some for the gallons.

However, a quick search found LOTS of sellers and I ordered three. Out the door it was just shy of $18 and I know I'm gonna like having them as filling a graduated cylinder with the big bottles is tricky. Thanks again my friend.
The spouts are from Griot's, I love them!! We don't have access to Griot's in Australia, I got mine from OG at considerable expense. They fit most gallon bottles, including P&S, Adam's and Meguiar's.

Dispensing Spout - Garage Helper- Griot's Garage (griotsgarage.com)
Griot's Garage Dispensing Spout | Obsessed Garage

IMG-9435.jpg

IMG-9467.jpg

IMG-9461.jpg

To use them, angle the spout into the sprayer container, holding the gallon upright with one hand and the spout in the other, then twist the spout open / closed. Very effective and very clean.

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't tried the Griot's Interior Cleaner yet because I have Meg's APC still. How do you like it?

Sponsored

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I haven't tried the Griot's Interior Cleaner yet because I have Meg's APC still. How do you like it?
The main drawcard of the Griot's is the lack of a colorant and scent.......................

"It contains no dyes or additives that could damage the surface being cleaned. Leaves behind no residue that would attract more dirt. It wipes clean and clear. Safe on all surfaces including carpets, floor mats, seats, fabrics, vinyl, headliners, door panels, and your dash!"

Personally, I prefer P&S Xpress for an interior cleaner on dirtier interiors. On a garage queen or weekender, I never really need an interior cleaner, so I just maintain with either ONR, Carpro InnerQD or P&S Swift.

What I like about Xpress and Griot's Interior Cleaner is that they are both pH neutral, which is extremely important when cleaning interior surfaces, especially leather and dashboards. That compares to most APC's, including Megs D101, which are heavily alkaline and simply not needed for interiors. Prolonged use of those products can prematurely age on interior plastics, I have seen D101 cause chalky dashboards, even corrode aluminum.

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
The main drawcard of the Griot's is the lack of a colorant and scent.......................

"It contains no dyes or additives that could damage the surface being cleaned. Leaves behind no residue that would attract more dirt. It wipes clean and clear. Safe on all surfaces including carpets, floor mats, seats, fabrics, vinyl, headliners, door panels, and your dash!"

Personally, I prefer P&S Xpress for an interior cleaner on dirtier interiors. On a garage queen or weekender, I never really need an interior cleaner, so I just maintain with either ONR, Carpro InnerQD or P&S Swift.

What I like about Xpress and Griot's Interior Cleaner is that they are both pH neutral, which is extremely important when cleaning interior surfaces, especially leather and dashboards. That compares to most APC's, including Megs D101, which are heavily alkaline and simply not needed for interiors. Prolonged use of those products can prematurely age on interior plastics, I have seen D101 cause chalky dashboards, even corrode aluminum.
Whelp in that case guess I'm moving to Griot's, lol. I have for many other things at this point so why not one more thing. I don't see any harm on my interior thankfully, but I only do an interior detail once a year in the spring. My Mustang used to be my DD but now it's mainly my fun car.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Whelp in that case guess I'm moving to Griot's, lol. I have for many other things at this point so why not one more thing. I don't see any harm on my interior thankfully, but I only do an interior detail once a year in the spring. My Mustang used to be my DD but now it's mainly my fun car.
I was using APC on interiors too, mainly customer cars. I got to the point where I didn't want to find out the hard way by destroying someone else's car, so switched to Xpress.

If you want something more readily available, check out Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer, the retail size and not the gallon format (the larger gallon size smells funny). That product had just the right amount of cleaning ability and provides some minor UV protection without any gloss, just a matte OEM look. The Gyeon Interior Detailer is nice too, but I prefer the Megs.

Meguiar's Quik interior Detailer 473ml - G13616 - Meguiars | Repco Australia
Gyeon Q²M Interior Detailer 500ml - 116117 - Car Interior Cleaning | Repco Australia

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
The spouts are from Griot's
I knew I should have pointed out which gallon spigot I was talking about, D. I've had the "twist top" versions from one of your posts way back when but, I'd never seen this type for the CP/Adam's, etc., rectangular gallon bottle.

gallon-spigot.png

Griot's doesn't sell these or at least I couldn't find them. Took some searching but found these at United States Plastic Corp and ordered some. They will make filling a WHOLE lot easier with those big bottles.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I knew I should have pointed out which gallon spigot I was talking about, D. I've had the "twist top" versions from one of your posts way back when but, I'd never seen this type for the CP/Adam's, etc., rectangular gallon bottle.

gallon-spigot.png

Griot's doesn't sell these or at least I couldn't find them. Took some searching but found these at United States Plastic Corp and ordered some. They will make filling a WHOLE lot easier with those big bottles.
CarPro sells them on their website.

https://www.carpro-us.com/brushes-bottles-applicator/carpro-easy-fill-spout/

Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I was using APC on interiors too, mainly customer cars. I got to the point where I didn't want to find out the hard way by destroying someone else's car, so switched to Xpress.

If you want something more readily available, check out Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer, the retail size and not the gallon format (the larger gallon size smells funny). That product had just the right amount of cleaning ability and provides some minor UV protection without any gloss, just a matte OEM look. The Gyeon Interior Detailer is nice too, but I prefer the Megs.

Meguiar's Quik interior Detailer 473ml - G13616 - Meguiars | Repco Australia
Gyeon Q²M Interior Detailer 500ml - 116117 - Car Interior Cleaning | Repco Australia
I'm a huge fan of P&S Xpress. Foams wonderfully, cleans amazing, leaves nothing behind. And it smells great too. Bonus :) Same with CARPRO Inner QD. The lemon smell lingers for quite a while..

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I'm a huge fan of P&S Xpress. Foams wonderfully, cleans amazing, leaves nothing behind. And it smells great too. Bonus :) Same with CARPRO Inner QD. The lemon smell lingers for quite a while..
Agreed, use both P&S and Meguiar's interchangeably, and P&S has better cleaning properties in my opinion. I like it more overall. Meg is great as a refresher for mostly clean space and is a bit easier to use.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Agreed, use both P&S and Meguiar's interchangeably, and P&S has better cleaning properties in my opinion. I like it more overall. Meg is great as a refresher for mostly clean space and is a bit easier to use.
I really like the P&S Swift for basic wipe downs. It cleans a little and leaves a little sheen. I don't use on anything I touch however (steering wheel, shift knob, etc). And the CARPRO Inner QD is great. Cleans pretty good and leaves a little bit of protection if you clean weekly or so..

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I really like the P&S Swift for basic wipe downs. It cleans a little and leaves a little sheen. I don't use on anything I touch however (steering wheel, shift knob, etc). And the CARPRO Inner QD is great. Cleans pretty good and leaves a little bit of protection if you clean weekly or so..
Sorry, should have clarified, I was talking about Xpress. It does not leave any residue behind and lifts a ton of gunk.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, should have clarified, I was talking about Xpress. It does not leave any residue behind and lifts a ton of gunk.
Yes, me too. I love Xpress for deep cleaning. And Swift for the day to day stuff...
Sponsored