Votes: 188 36.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
After watching it a few more times, my biggest issue is the headlights. I hope they bring back more traditional such as the S550 in a refresh. Everything else I can live with. I would not trade my Mach 1 in for this car, but if something happened to my M1, I would buy a dark horse to stay in a mustang. I think that is the highest praise I can give it. If a Boss version with 6.8 Godzilla does come to fruition...I might give that a hard look. I also stand by my theory that the revised Coyote was headed to the Mach 1 initially (had the openings...rumored for 500+ HP). Then it shifted to S650...maybe it wasn't ready...maybe they wanted to have it as a selling point for the new gen. Props to Ford for keeping V8 going this gen and I guess they are even looking next gen too.
Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Cars are getting bigger because auto makers know that as they get bigger, they migrate into lesser emissions requirements. Bigger cars are allowed more emissions so by making it bigger allows it to pollute more and the maker changes nothing. It is just a way to dodge them. They improve the engine a bit and they give us more weight so we net nothing but more weight and often more drag.

I find that most people who claim to care are not willing to do what we knew in the late ‘70’s and early 80’s that a smaller and light car does reduce our dependence on fuel. sure we also had less power too. A smaller and lighter car will help the environment not to mention help with performance as well. That is one thing I like about the Sn95, it was smaller and lighter. I only imagine if it was built today with a Coyote engine and an independent rear what it could be.

PVAMT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Deep impact blue / silver stripes, red pinstripes
Vehicle Showcase

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I absolutely love it, it sounds great too. I cannot wait to order one.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I absolutely love it, it sounds great too. I cannot wait to order one.
Imo it looks very Cyberpunk and futuristic. Looks really cool. I've seen alot of people talk about the interior but what's funny is that the interior has always been bad in Mustangs.

What Im most excited for is the Gen 4 Coyote, and reading about all of the changes done to it.

Sponsored

jmorris47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I did not feel the enthusiasm from the crowd. And the MC was struggling. Come on how about some applause.

Too many Camaro looking things (lower frontside grills, and those rear fenders and the smooth Camaro like sides) First look at the rear strikes me as a Covette with mustang taillights. Overall, it did not make much of an impression on me appearance wise. Definitely do not like the glass dash. And the presentation was totally lacking in the performance description area.

I will keep Billy and keep modifying to suit my needs. Like all things if you like it, Great! Just not something that would make me start to think about getting rid of my '17.
Sadly I agree...way too much Camaro in it for me, especially from the sides. I really dislike the grill area and rear end. However, I do like the hood:like:. I had planned on keeping my 2019 PPL2 forever....and this effort didn't change my mind. But I suspect they will be a ton of fun to drive!

OP
OP
RagmopInKona

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
The car is RWD. Whether the parking brake is pure mechanical or electronically engaged is moot.
Wrong. on a wet road or snow, and the car is in a slide, you can pull up a mechanical parking brake and straight'n the car out.
Do you think the Computer that thinks it knows better than you will allow the parking brake to be engaged at all?
Or will it wait till you are showing under 3 mph or the computer "sees" loss of hyd brake front or rear?
Sorry not a fan of taking the mechanical parking brake out of vehicles.

OP
OP
RagmopInKona

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Ok, my take .
It looks like each design area team never talked to each other.
They made the grill bigger and the head lights smaller That is bad enough, but the pony looks like a carry over as far as size and looks lost in the larger grill.
The rear quarters look like the Camaro Along with the head lights. Maybe ford is hoping those that wanted a camaro but didn't like the limited rear view out windows will think the new mustang is close enough.
The rear looks like they took a lambo and a s550 and mixed together and called it good. The concave panel and lights. The tail lights need more detail. They look like cheap aftermarket units

The interior, It looks the same other than a dash swap and today's trend of slap a computer tablet on the dash and call it a day. The flat straight across dash design reminds me of the Pontiac 6000 dash just with a tablet glued to it. But that might be so it can be used in all markets, just move the screens,wheel.

This car better run circles around the outgoing one and not just a hp spec #.

I think they need to address the mis match of the headlights/grill and pony sizing make the pony bigger and maybe add fog lights under the camaro parts bin headlights and make the tail lights have more detail, I like the concaved look, but the lights look cheap.
The tablet dash and no buttons many are moving away from, So this looks like it was set in stone at the start of the redesign. If they made a back panel to make the screen not look like an after thought and part of the dash it look 1000x better and cost almost nothing to add. I hope this fad of tablet dashes dies soon. I get it you are going after the video game player and Tesla fan bois. Should have saved that for when they go hybrid or ev with it. the people looking at buying the last all i.c.e. car v8 want a gauge cluster . Even a carry over cluster with updated fonts would have been better.
I think Ford knows the days are numbered for the 2 door coupe mustang and did just enough to update it to get it till the end.
In the end it will be pricing that make or break it. And people bought mustangs and camaro's for that matter because of the styling cues that told you it is a mustang or camaro. looking at the dash of the new mustang I think I could be driving a honda or a kia. Everything that screamed mustang they removed other than the useless rear seats.
The Audi A8,camaro headlights need to hit the trash bin.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Wrong. on a wet road or snow, and the car is in a slide, you can pull up a mechanical parking brake and straight'n the car out.
That's incorrect.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Looks great. Much sharper.

1663685027744.png

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Pure garbage. Horrible.

joez3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Overall this is more of a refresh then an all new car. Guess I got a see one in person before I give it a thumbs down. I see a lot of Mock E in this car, the head lights and, the tail lights. As for the dash why wasn't that flat panel integrated into the dash better. It was like, we have to have this so just slap it on. Also the way the panel is pointed at the driver how is the passenger go to change the anything. The lack of knobs and buttons is a down fall, I guess I am just getting too old. That little panel below the air vents looks unfinished to me.

josaycuervo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1 (MT, Velocity Blue)
C2699C54-0CB2-4377-8738-5BA2CC0F6941.jpeg

1st Gen iPad levels of bezel around the gauge cluster screen 😬

No HUD was another big miss by Ford. You’re goal was to design a fighter jet inspired interior and somehow you miss out on a key piece of cool aviation tech.

My father’s CX-30 has one and it’s look amazing along with keeping your eyes on the road.
Sponsored