Sponsored

What would prevent you from buying the S650?

noGreta!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus IS350 F Sport
There were two things that made the poorly engineered and QA/QC challenged S550 worth buying: (1) Good looks (2) Cheap horsepower.

They took both of those away with the S650.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
No, people were mistaken. It was cleared up.

So far there's 0 real information that there will be ASS on the car.
Oh ok. Wouldn’t surprise me with the way emission regulations are going though.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Oh ok. Wouldn’t surprise me with the way emission regulations are going though.
There was some dash icon....people thought it was for ASS. Then it was corrected.

But those were all pre-production cars, so we still don't really know anything.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There was some dash icon....people thought it was for ASS. Then it was corrected.

But those were all pre-production cars, so we still don't really know anything.
IMG_0198.png

definitely looks like ASS to me, lul. but as you stated, it’s a pre production car.

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
The price.
I did some checking on rising prices, taking inflation into account.

It's staggering how expensive cars are now. Hell, back in 1968 you could get a 911 S for something like $57K, and a Mustang GT started at $21,822.00

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
IMG_0198.png

definitely looks like ASS to me, lul. but as you stated, it’s a pre production car.
What does? That's a very blurry picture.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What does? That's a very blurry picture.
Icon far left next to the start/stop button. I see it pretty clearly but I do have 20/15 vision 🤷 if you owned any ford vehicle with ASS the design is identical.

Sponsored

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
I did some checking on rising prices, taking inflation into account.

It's staggering how expensive cars are now. Hell, back in 1968 you could get a 911 S for something like $57K, and a Mustang GT started at $21,822.00
The dark horse is going to be as much as a '24 ZL-1. If i was going to spend that kind of money it would be for 650hp.

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
No AM radio, sad looking dash, start stop fiasco, electric parking brake, complicated dual intake set up with little gain in HP /torque, no quad V-8 exhaust tips without active option, ugly wheel choices, and significant price increases across all models. And the styling is a sept backward on all sides compared to the 550s which looked like a poor man's Aston Martin.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Truthfully….everything I liked about the dark horse mechanically was available on the Mach 1 and it was 10k cheaper 🤷🏼‍♂️ so I got a Mach 1…..the tech would be nice but not necessary

bigred90gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I could get past the exterior with time, though I don't love it for sure. I might be able to get used to the ipad dash, as I think every new car will have one and we wont have a choice if we want a new car, though I completely hate it at this moment. It looks cheap, like an afterthought. The ECU being locked down doesn't bother me, as I don't really need to tune it (current car isn't tuned, and it's plenty fast). For me, it boils down to I just don't want one. When the time comes for me to get rid of this one, I'll move on to something else as a daily. If I decide on another mustang in the future, it will likely be a fox or a late 60's project car, and not something intended for daily duties. I had a truck and a '00 project car, but when we moved to the apartment, I lost my garage and a place to work on the car. I have an RV storage room that serves as my garage, but it is a 30 minute drive if I catch I-10 with no traffic. No practical in my eyes.

I don't care for the looks of the S650 at all, and the interior for me currently is a hard no. Throw the cost of new cars on top of that, and it's an easy choice. If I'm going to spend that kind of money on a vehicle, chances are, as much as I love them, it won't be a mustang. I've had 6, but refuse to spend that much one one. The one I have now is about the limit of what I'm willing to pay.
Sponsored