Sponsored

What would any of you be willing to pay for a 19 pp2??/

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I wouldn’t buy a PP1/2 unless I was a road course racer. Most of the upgrades do nothing for the car as a street car over a standard GT.
Let‘s be real honest here.

If it suddenly became illegal to post PP1, PP2 or HP in your Internet forum signature regarding any street-only car, Ford would sell about four of them per year. Some clever aftermarket company would come out with an add on version of that big ol’ spoiler and that’d be the end of of it.

I live in a small beautiful GA mountain area where there’s a neighboring town 25-40 miles in any direction you pick. You pick any direction then resurrect Dan Gurney and put him in a PP/HP car with me behind him in a regular GT or Mach. Try to convince me I wouldn’t have him in sight when we got there. Go ahead. Just too many other factors on public roads.

I‘ve said this before amid howls of protests but fellas, come on. We’re talking about the street. You can’t go but so fast.
Sponsored

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
My issue is, paying msrp on a 4 yr old vehicle, seems crazy to me.
It's a LOADED PP2 not a base GT, My '19 PP1 was 52k. They want 36k is not a bad deal IMO.

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Everything PP1 has PLUS the wheels and magnaride, added front splitter. When new i think it was a $6500 premium.

This particular car im looking at has
tech pack, bliss, b/o sound, pp2, ford safe (whatever that means) manual, pp2

The tech pack isn’t that interesting to me, idk wtf bliss is. b/o sound is heavily criticized by sound guys in this thread and I prefer the sound of the V8 over the radio in my car. Ford Safe and Secure package, or whatever the hell it’s called, has zero value to me. Manual and PP2 are the best things you’ve said about the car. Personally if you want to mod the car I don’t think the PP2 is worth it, if you’re gonna leave it alone the PP2 is a must IMO.

Point of all that is, with those miles and price it’s not worth it at all IMO.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The tech pack isn’t that interesting to me, idk wtf bliss is. b/o sound is heavily criticized by sound guys in this thread and I prefer the sound of the V8 over the radio in my car. Ford Safe and Secure package, or whatever the hell it’s called, has zero value to me. Manual and PP2 are the best things you’ve said about the car. Personally if you want to mod the car I don’t think the PP2 is worth it, if you’re gonna leave it alone the PP2 is a must IMO.

Point of all that is, with those miles and price it’s not worth it at all IMO.
Yeah, it’s hard to figure why anyone would expose themselves to the dangers of driving this car without the PP2, being as it’s a must and all.

Sponsored

15GTPPinCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6M
My 2015 GT PP just got totaled out, with 72,000 miles, for $30k as a data point.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Tech package, premium sound, around 48k miles... No wrecks, probably a 8.9/10
MSRP x 0.85 x 0.93^3 as high-water mark. add another x0.93 for low.

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You obviously don’t enjoy taking 270 degree off ramps at twice the posted speed.
yeah but the posted speed on a 4-leaf is what, 25? My bone-stock Eco can do 45-50 steady-state all the way thru the arc, all day long and that's with the shitty-ass Pirelli tires.

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Sorry.

But yes, it was…
I didn’t get that because I said if youre going to mod the car I don’t think the PP2 is worth it. In so much as my car is not a PP2… so the sarcasm of your comment didn’t land because I don’t have a PP2 and don’t believe the need for one is based anywhere near the “dangers of driving the car”…?

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a deal for you then. Koons Toyota is selling a 4 year old tacoma with 100K miles (stick) for $1000 off original MSRP. It's a bargain I tell ya!

Your PP2 would have had a MSRP about 47

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
yeah but the posted speed on a 4-leaf is what, 25? My bone-stock Eco can do 45-50 steady-state all the way thru the arc, all day long and that's with the shitty-ass Pirelli tires.
Apparently our clover leafs are a little bigger in flyover country. I have three near me getting off the interstate onto four-lane state highways, 35 mph flat, 40 mph and 45 mph with a slight banking. I’d like to see a regular Eco or GT take any of them at twice the posted speed limit, particularly on “shitty-ass Pirelli tires”.

Some here are acting like you’re an idiot for taking an off ramp above the posted speed limit. Hell, I’m 60 years old. It’s fun, get over it. There’s absolutely no danger to anyone other than yourself. You can feel when a car is on the edge. At these speeds, it’s still got more to go. I enjoy these clover leafs every time. I only get to the nearest track about an hour away a couple times a year. I didn’t buy this car for grocery shopping.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
....The economy is expected to soften as soon as Summer/Fall....
The economy's downfall started last fall. It's tanking fast.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
...And we've had somebody post that thinks so poorly of his Mustang, he thinks he'd have to call a wrecker if he drove like you. ...Or me. ...Or a lot of other people on this forum.

This relates to something I read years ago about how "When faced with cornering beyond 0.4g or hitting a tree, most people will choose the tree."
A stock Camry can corner at more than 0.8g.
...Just not with the average owner behind the wheel.

Last edited:

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
How do you say "I've never driven a car with MagneRide" without saying "I've never driven a car with MagneRide" ?
I say just like this……”I have driven them, and I don’t need it.
Sponsored