Sponsored

What tuner for this setup and down the road

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
Hey fellas, need a little help, new to coyotes, have a base, 15’ Gt stick car that needs a little more :)

So stock right now with what looks like from old owner, 2 1/2” - 3” bullet looking mufflers where the resonator was and deleted the mufflers..

Plans already in the works to throw 8-10 lbs of lost at it. Tuner kit , so no predetermined snnedtune or whatnot.

At the moment.. ;).. I only plan on the boost and maybe a catback later on. And maybe the next pulley size down,

What device should I be looking at?

So many, and I’m kinda at a loss which one I should be looking at, I hate buying twice if I can avoid it.

I see the major ones all over Sct,X4 and Bdx, but Then the Bama “tunes for life dealing” are kinda appealing.

Then the other devices , and lund, the hp/rtb or something .

Do not have any local tuners at all without driving a ways, it’s only a weekend warrior car for now and no Plans for tracks as their half a state away..lol.;(.. So not max effort, just a safe fun tune, and no E85 either..
Sponsored

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
It all depends on how hard your wanting to push the motor. You have lund, PD and of course whipple comes with there own tuner and tune. I'm currently on the whipple tune and satisfied with it for now even though I know I'm leaving some HP on the table.

ShaneFromLethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2008 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
It all depends on how hard your wanting to push the motor. You have lund, PD and of course whipple comes with there own tuner and tune. I'm currently on the whipple tune and satisfied with it for now even though I know I'm leaving some HP on the table.

For tuning, I would recommend going with PBD or Lund. They are both top tier tuning companies, for a device, the RTD device with 2 credits, both PBD and Lund can tune this device. If you have any questions, just let me know!

https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...8-gt/2015-2017-ford-mustang-gt/custom-tunes-1

OP
OP
Mustangfreek

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
Oh I have lots of questions..lol

wasnt sure if I should get a tuning device now, sct Rev x or Bdx , tunes for life dealing looks like a decent way to go? ,opinions?

and upload it now, while n/a and play with it and while I finish collecting parts and throw on the procharger for it and then contact someone to remote tune or canned tune?

Confuzzzzzed... :)

Or just wait till I swap over and just do the Rtd at the same time?

2 credits means? I get 2 tunes, like fine tuned different setups 87 and premium or like fine tuned 1 tune now and down the road retune credit?

ughh.. got some parts in motion ame need to figure out the rest to get em going.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I would find a good custom tuner that you feel comfortable dealing with, tell him your goals and come up with a plan with them. They will have a recommendation on the device they prefer to use, what mods are good for your goals, etc.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mustangfreek

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
That’s the thing, there is no shops around here

so going to have to rely on canned/remote tube until then

Momogt26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
got a question is it safe to drive a car to shop to be dyno tuned. after a supercharger installation. let's say 35 minutes away

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
got a question is it safe to drive a car to shop to be dyno tuned. after a supercharger installation. let's say 35 minutes away
Safe to limp it there sure. Will it run OK enough to do so, is another story..........

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
That’s the thing, there is no shops around here

so going to have to rely on canned/remote tube until then
My advice still stands. Find a good tuner, you would like to work with, and ask them what mods they would recommend to reach the goals you would like to achieve. Any good tuner should be willing to give you a list of supporting mods to get you what you want. They will have you data log runs to get you close, then they may have you schedule some dyno time and tweak things to optimize the results. It all can be done remotely. I have done this in the past with very good results. That GT500 you see referenced in my signature was tuned remotely, had over 150K miles on it the day I totaled it, and burned no oil. I would not have hesitated driving it 1,000+ miles on a trip if needed.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
might want to ask if they will send you a remote tune so youll be able to drive to them safely. My tuner local to me does that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mustangfreek

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
Points noted.

So do some or? Tuners use their own software, as in no tuning device needed and theynjustbstraitnfoadh my neck?

But I guess that way, there would be no way for me to send back to stock etc.. if I needed to?

hot, cold. Confused as chit?.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
No, most use a device and can use different ones depending on what you use. Again, I would get with a tuner and see what they recommend. I use BJ at Venomous tuning. He uses the SCT tuners for sure, (I have the BDX) and maybe others, I don't know.

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Give ortiz performance a shout and see if he can help you out. Had my 2017 tuned through him and it ran hard. Also planning to do my 2021 with him down the road when I get the itch again.

OP
OP
Mustangfreek

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
Thanks

talked to a few shops

one was $1k for tuning and Dino time, plus I needed a sct device

another was $899 plus device

another well known guy around , that had his shop removed from city expanding, does street tuning/and dunk days. He uses HP and $500 gets a credit and his street Tune.

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Thanks

talked to a few shops

one was $1k for tuning and Dino time, plus I needed a sct device

another was $899 plus device

another well known guy around , that had his shop removed from city expanding, does street tuning/and dunk days. He uses HP and $500 gets a credit and his street Tune.
Be careful going with option C it may be cheaper upfront but without your own device you have nothing to store your stock tune on. If you decide to revert back to stock you can't do it at your own time and place. If $ 900 is a shock for you buy the rtd+ or sct device then wait a few weeks and order your custom tune.
Sponsored