Sponsored

What to do about damaged vehicle? (Need advice)

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
I vote 2017 as well. I don't know what kind of damages you'd ask for. If they refund all your money you don't have any except a little bit of heartbreak. Just be sure they reimburse you for any payments you've made including interest.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
***UPDATE 4/12/2016
Currently the car is sitting at the body shop with no provided ETA for the car to be released to me. Keep in mind, the car arrived on 3/30/2016.

So far this is what is confirmed:
-MAS will give me the extended warranty at no charge to me.
-The dealership will cover all the costs, including one new tire (back ordered) and labor to be done.
-A representative from Ford arrived at the body shop and is now taking over to make sure the car is properly fixed.

-I was told if I chose not to accept the car, I can be given a 2017 allocation for another to replace it (not yet confirmed by MAS)

If you were in my shoes and your car's whole front was to painted by a body shop to meet "show room conditions", will you take it if it looks good enough? Or would you cancel everything, get your money back, ask to be compensated for damages, and demand a 2017 allocation?
I'm with all the others, go for the '17 and wait it out. Get as much compensation as you can. Doesn't seem you have to demand an allocation if they are offering you one- make sure you get MAS pricing and find out what happened to the first one , at least as much as you can or have it delivered elsewhere. Many variables going on....Good luck to you and your family, Aliek!

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Well looks like all of us would go with a '17. So their is your answer.

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Biggest benefit to 2017 is ability to get some sweet new colors and the ability to get the nicer radio with the coolers and recaros, so if you can get a 2017 then seems like a good way to go.

On the other hand, your 2016 is right there already, and will probably be fixed far sooner than a 2017 will be available. Bunch of people on here think the factory paint is crap (I don't necessarily agree), so a repainted front might actually be better than factory.

Still, if you are sure you can get a 2017, then that's probably the best route to go.

Not sure what damages you are expecting, though, that seems like a strange request.

-T

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Take the '17 and run, but don't count on any damages. A court or arbitrator would likely say that everyone acted in a manner that was more than reasonable to correct the problems - and that sometimes stuff just happens. Besides, what would you identify as real damages - ones that caused you bodily or monetary harm? (Mental anguish over a car delivery doesn't count.) Plus, the 17 gives you one year less depreciation.

OP
OP

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
16' GT350 AG Track P. w/ blk OTT stripes/b. roof
I want to say a BIG Thank You to all of you. We don't know each other but you have carried me throughout this nightmare. As much as it pains me, I think you guys are right, and I will cancel everything and get all my money back. Waited all this time since September and never got a chance to drive it or sit in more than 5 minutes.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
No prayer on damages, as Ford has faithfully executed their warranty clause for you. I would avoid all the heartburn and go with a MY17. FWIW

Goodluck :cheers:

Sponsored
OP
OP

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
16' GT350 AG Track P. w/ blk OTT stripes/b. roof
Biggest benefit to 2017 is ability to get some sweet new colors and the ability to get the nicer radio with the coolers and recaros, so if you can get a 2017 then seems like a good way to go.

On the other hand, your 2016 is right there already, and will probably be fixed far sooner than a 2017 will be available. Bunch of people on here think the factory paint is crap (I don't necessarily agree), so a repainted front might actually be better than factory.

Still, if you are sure you can get a 2017, then that's probably the best route to go.

Not sure what damages you are expecting, though, that seems like a strange request.

-T
I know, I guess I figured that since I have been borrowing (paying for a car all this time, they would compensate me for that. I wasn't expecting a large amount, just something to help for the extra time I waited :shrug:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
If you fully cancel, how do you guarantee a 2017 allocation with the same pricing?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Get the 2017 - no way a body shop paint job is as good as one at the factory. And that is assuming there are no hidden issues that crop up later in the cars life.
I agree with get the 2017. But I have to disagree that a shop can't put on as good a paint job. Factory paint isn't baked on at hundreds of degrees like in the past, so a shop can match the process. Plus the factory puts paint on as thin as possible while a human will have to put paint on much thicker because they aren't robots. And because the clear is thicker, it can be safely color sanded to perfect smoothness. In fact looks wise I've seen repairs make the rest of the car look bad by comparison.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
***UPDATE 4/12/2016
Currently the car is sitting at the body shop with no provided ETA for the car to be released to me. Keep in mind, the car arrived on 3/30/2016.

So far this is what is confirmed:
-MAS will give me the extended warranty at no charge to me.
-The dealership will cover all the costs, including one new tire (back ordered) and labor to be done.
-A representative from Ford arrived at the body shop and is now taking over to make sure the car is properly fixed.

-I was told if I chose not to accept the car, I can be given a 2017 allocation for another to replace it (not yet confirmed by MAS)

If you were in my shoes and your car's whole front was to painted by a body shop to meet "show room conditions", will you take it if it looks good enough? Or would you cancel everything, get your money back, ask to be compensated for damages, and demand a 2017 allocation?
2017 with MAS pricing. Your dealer is still MAS. The other is a pass through.
Would not cancel and get money back. Would apply the money to 2017 as if the 2016 was never purchased. You should incur no cost for a car you didn't accept.

Compensation = MAS extended warranty at no cost (that's over 2k). If you can negotiate more, then all the better.

Good luck with whatever you decide!!

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
But I have to disagree that a shop can't put on as good a paint job. Factory paint isn't baked on at hundreds of degrees like in the past, so a shop can match the process. Plus the factory puts paint on as thin as possible while a human will have to put paint on much thicker because they aren't robots. And because the clear is thicker, it can be safely color sanded to perfect smoothness. In fact looks wise I've seen repairs make the rest of the car look bad by comparison.
+1 on the above, if any and all damaged components are replaced and not repaired, the paint should be as good or better than the factory. Get the work completed on the 2016 and have it inspected before you make a decision, It sounds like you have the time and everyone's ear that matters in this transaction. If this car is the color and Track Pack options that you want, a 17 won't be different, just a longer wait. You are the only one that has all the details to decide on your situation.
Sponsored