Sponsored

What to do about damaged vehicle? (Need advice)

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
16' GT350 AG Track P. w/ blk OTT stripes/b. roof
So I currently have my vehicle being held "hostage" at my local dealer. My car was purchased through MAS but I haven't taken possession yet since it was damaged underneath when being transported and they won't release it. So technically MAS owns it evens though I paid in full and they have all my money since March 3rd.

But here is the kicker:
One piece bumper was also damaged in one of the corner that connects to the front splitter so it has to be replaced. My hood was scratched/dented to the bare paint (is about the size of a quarter). The bumper replacement didn't come painted so they want to repaint the hood and the bumper.

So my question is:
In you were in my shoes would you refuse the car? Should I continue fighting to only accept a hood and bumper to be sent painted from the factory? Should I ask for financial compensation for loss of value in the future (resale)?

Please share your thoughts.
Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Aliek- escalate this within Ford Motor Co. yet? And even Ford Performance? I'd also start with that.

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Just a personal preference, I wouldn't accept a damaged vehicle. As [MENTION=6571]Bossing[/MENTION] stated, take it to Ford Co. Best of luck! Hope everything works out!

OP
OP

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
Aliek- escalate this within Ford Motor Co. yet? And even Ford Performance? I'd also start with that.

[MENTION=6571]Bossing[/MENTION] I did, I filed a formal complain with Ford. Ford Performace said it has to go through customer relations since that's outside their control and they don't deal with that.

OP
OP

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
Just a personal preference, I wouldn't accept a damaged vehicle. As [MENTION=6571]Bossing[/MENTION] stated, take it to Ford Co. Best of luck! Hope everything works out!
My same thoughts but I'm afraid if I refuse it, I won't won't be able to find another one. I feel trapped in this situation.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I would not get that car.
Tell them to get you another one or take the money back and buy somewhere else.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Decline it (get 100% of your money back) due to the extensive damage AND they need to secure you another one (e.g. a forthcoming allocation) AND get that all in a promissory writing from Ford and MAS. I have a hunch this will not be easy.... believe me we feel bad and piss'd too.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
I was in your shoes, although obviously retail, not MAS - and I refused delivery because the car needed about $3,500 in bodywork and paint. I saw no point in owning a brand-new, restored GT 350 that always would have a black cloud over it. Tell them to get you another car; Ford was really good at expediting my replacement order. But don't expect perfection - my replacement car proved again that Ford's quality control on paint is absolutely awful.

tldukestang

tldukestang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
it's easy for me to say don't take the car, but I have mine and love driving it! Since I plan on keeping the car for life, the potential loss of resale would not be that important to me. If I thought I had to wait another 8 months (which is what I waited) I surly would keep the car I had after repaint. I might push back for a few days to see if they can find me a replacement or if I could get production painted parts but in the end, I would give in and just want to drive the car. Sucks that happened to you.

davidnz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford GT
So I currently have my vehicle being held "hostage" at my local dealer. My car was purchased through MAS but I haven't taken possession yet since it was damaged underneath when being transported and they won't release it. So technically MAS owns it evens though I paid in full and they have all my money since March 3rd.

But here is the kicker:
One piece bumper was also damaged in one of the corner that connects to the front splitter so it has to be replaced. My hood was scratched/dented to the bare paint (is about the size of a quarter). The bumper replacement didn't come painted so they want to repaint the hood and the bumper.

So my question is:
In you were in my shoes would you refuse the car? Should I continue fighting to only accept a hood and bumper to be sent painted from the factory? Should I ask for financial compensation for loss of value in the future (resale)?

it's Not like the damage is major.... get the car fixed one way or other and move on and Enjoy the car....you refuse the car then what? no car? you are getting a good deal on buying the car I assume? ...it's not like you where paying 10k ADM Then that would be another story.... how long you waited? life is short ..shit happens...

Sponsored
OP
OP

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
Thank you guys for the support. Let's see what decision they decide to go with but I may end up having to refuse the car. I can't believe after all these months waiting. I find myself in this situation. Once again, thanks guys. Your support keeps me going

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I would not accept a new car with such extensive damage period. Stand your ground and tell the dealer that you want a new one ordered.

Good luck with this ordeal.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'm not a real nitpicker and I would be hesitant to take that car. I would fight for a replacement at the same price if possible, but I know that is tricky since its not a standard order

I highly doubt ford will send pre-painted piece parts and even if they did no way to assure it will match. You are better off having them have it sent to a reputable shop so they can properly blend it.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

But here is the kicker:

So my question is:

Very sorry you are having such difficulties with something that should be pure fun. Only you can decide whether to take delivery, as many others have already pointed out. I wouldn't leave it to the dealers alone to tell you your options though. If you haven't talked to MAS, as well as base legal, would recommend you do so right away.

Not recommending legal action--always a last resort.

Just recommending you talk to a JAG so you know all of your options if MAS, the pass through dealer, and Ford cannot resolve your problem to your satisfaction.

A good starting point for legal is the customer section of the MAS website. There are two documents there specific to the Navy and one about customer rights. Within them, you'll see this (OMSC is MAS):

"A. United States Delivery: If your vehicle is delivered through a U.S. franchised dealer, OMSC’s responsibility is completed upon its actual delivery to you or your agent."

Good luck. Looks like a lot of us are rooting for you. :clap2:

Edit: Just saw your other thread where you said someone from MAS was involved on your behalf. Well done. Would still talk to legal to understand your rights--though you may never need to take legal action.

Last edited:

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
That type of damage could easily happen on the street and would need to be repaired, so even though it is frustrating, I'd lean towards having them repair the car, and then deciding once I see the quality of the repair job.

But, I put a lot of miles on my cars, so I tend not to worry about the small details because little bits of damage are certain to occur over time in my case.

-T
Sponsored