Sponsored

What to buy?

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
I over killed on it. Coilover, big cam, etc. I store it on a lift in my garage with my Acura below it and a small coffee cup won't fit between rocker panel and ground, so it really isn't practical, plus, it has no backseat at all if I need one!
I suppose if you got the cash to throw at a new & improved DD. I would probably take the path of least resistance and try to unwind some of the mods on the Corvette and turn that back into a more reasonable DD.

Then store the Acura on the lift :thumbsup:
Sponsored

OP
OP
timd38

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
I suppose if you got the cash to throw at a new & improved DD. I would probably take the path of least resistance and try to unwind some of the mods on the Corvette and turn that back into a more reasonable DD.

Then store the Acura on the lift :thumbsup:
Have buyer for the Acura, that is what is driving the "need" for the Mustang!

To much to unwind and no back seat......

Steve44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP
I have a build very similar to what you are looking at and I love it...incredible combo of sport (with the PP) and luxury (premium trim, navi, etc...). I wouldn't change a thing, until I can afford a GT350:)

justindo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium
If you have a $50,000 budget and are willing to have a manual performance package GT for a daily driver, I'd opt for a GT350 with no options if you can find one for sticker and your wife can live without heated and cooled power seats.

If you're sold on the GT, I'd highly recommend getting the Premier Trim package, as it's well worth the price, although it really should be standard on the Premium trim.

Sponsored

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Have buyer for the Acura, that is what is driving the "need" for the Mustang!

To much to unwind and no back seat......
dump the Acura ! :ford:

don't plan to put anyone in the back seat. That's mainly for storage. No whiplash protection back there.

I am plenty happy with a base GT with 3.55 gears. The car is thirsty and likes to stop at gas stations, but I suppose that's the price of V8 / manual transmission.

But if you gave me another $10-20k of budget, I would be tempted to still stick with the same build, bolt on a S/C, and bank the extra cash in case the motor tanks. But then I don't have 650hp Corvette. And S/C may bump the car out of the comfortable DD category.

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
Many of us have complained about the cooled seat option not being up to par...it works but not that great IMO...but I do love the heated seats

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I have almost the exact configuration on mine. I also have the Reverse Park Assist and the Premier Trim in Redline and I absolutely love it! For just under $400 the Premier Trim is definitely worth every penny. I get so many compliments on the Redline and I think it's classy yet sporty. I am very happy with my car and I really like the 3.73 gears but I love rowing through gears on a manual. The 401a is great and I love the stock seats, they are a perfect fit and they really hold you in the seat very well.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

OP
OP
timd38

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Thanks for all the feedback. I went and drove one yesterday, and I hate to admit it, but I think I want and auto trans.The problem is, can't get the PP with an auto. Thinking of a Pony and upgrading the sway bars. It gives me 19"wheels, the strut brace, but stripes I don't want.

Not sure what to do about the brakes....

Sponsored

combustor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2016 GT350
Thanks for all the feedback. I went and drove one yesterday, and I hate to admit it, but I think I want and auto trans.The problem is, can't get the PP with an auto. Thinking of a Pony and upgrading the sway bars. It gives me 19"wheels, the strut brace, but stripes I don't want.

Not sure what to do about the brakes....
...and in the GT350 you get the Tremec 3160, which you would love I bet.

OP
OP
timd38

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
...and in the GT350 you get the Tremec 3160, which you would love I bet.
I have Tremac 6060 in my Corvette, great trans. Unfortunately, after driving one in traffic, I want to get an auto trans.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Merry Christmas!

So, I have never been on this forum before and am planning to order a new Mustang in January. I am 61, have 650HP C6 Corvette, but want a fun daily driver. I currently drive an Acura, but it is like a microwave oven, boring. My wife has new Ecoboost Escape and it is far more exciting than the Acura.

My budget is $50K and here is what I am looking at getting.
GT Premium
Performance Package
Active Cruise Control
Recaro Seats
401A interior upgrade
Navigation

Does that sound like a good combo and is the back seat worthless, or can you actually put people in them if you need to?

Thanks!
Easily done under $50K, I have a convertible with the same options (minus Recaros) and I was well under your budget target.

I went from 2-seaters to this GT because I wanted a 3rd seat for out little G, she loves it, but she's 7-1/2, so it's a nice fit for her. I'd say we've got a few years where it's still roomy :D

keep in mind getting recaros on a premium package deletes the heated/cooled seats, and power adjustment that you get in the premium package.
This ^^^

I was pleasantly surprised by how comfortable and supportive the stock seats are.
Not to over sell the non-Recaro premium seats, but they're pretty terrific. The Recaro option is not actually available in a convertible (so it's kind of a non-issue), but having sat in those in a coupe and now owning mine, I'm more than happy at the comfort and support, and the heating/cooling is _so_ nice, especially the former in a convertible this time of year :)

FWIW, I also owned an S2K with some outstanding factory seating, and my Z06 had Caravaggio race seats, and these are somewhere in between in terms of comfort and support.

Opt in for the premier trim option and you will not regret it one bit. $400 for better materials and a far better interior. It adds extra stitching and layers to the leather sets, leather console, dash stitching, and more leather on the door panels.
Yeah, this is a great option, if you're really optioning up the car, it's a trivial expense, and like was said above, it's a very nice upgrade to the interior materials. It's available in black with light silver stitching, black with yellow stitching and red with black/red stitching (the center door panels are also red, very slick ... this is what I have).

combustor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2016 GT350
I have Tremac 6060 in my Corvette, great trans. Unfortunately, after driving one in traffic, I want to get an auto trans.
Ok, I want to understand this because my gf used the same logic about driving in traffic when at first she wasn't considering a manual pickup. I drive in traffic all the time and having to push the clutch pedal now and then hardly enters my conscious mind. What is it about the manual that you don't like in traffic? You said your Acura was a boring appliance, and you want to replace with another un-involving appliance with more power?

Please don't take this the wrong way, maybe I come across like I'm a dick but I promise I'm a very nice guy that just wants to know stuff.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
If you have to drive in traffic frequently, get the auto... I live 10 mins from my work, so I got the 6MT. However, I bought my car from a dealer on the opposite side of Atlanta from me... Finished up the paperwork right at 5pm and spent the next hour in stop-n-go traffic going back through downtown... definitely not fun. :frusty:
Sponsored