Sponsored

What to buy?

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
Recaros all the way.

Except it is absolutely freezing when I get in the car, note I'm from California where cold is 30 degrees so I'm a wimp! Lol
Sponsored

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Merry Christmas!

So, I have never been on this forum before and am planning to order a new Mustang in January. I am 61, have 650HP C6 Corvette, but want a fun daily driver.
this is probably a dumb question, but can you just DD the Corvette?

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
Good choice on throwing out the Recaro's IMO. Stock seats hold you in very well and are power and heated/cooled.

Opt in for the premier trim option and you will not regret it one bit. $400 for better materials and a far better interior. It adds extra stitching and layers to the leather sets, leather console, dash stitching, and more leather on the door panels.

The electronic locking package is one to look at as well, but isn't as "must have" as the Premier Trim.

Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
If you're a tall guy, you'll have problems with the seat belt. I like to be close to the wheel and the seat belt either cuts my neck or hurts my shoulder.

I don't fit in the back seat, height wise, but my GF who is small can fit very nicely in there, even when I like to drive like I'm watching a movie ( in the back and reclined )

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
I have to agree on the Premier trim... it's obviously strictly cosmetic, but does add a lot to the overall appearance!

Sponsored

OP
OP
timd38

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Good choice on throwing out the Recaro's IMO. Stock seats hold you in very well and are power and heated/cooled.

Opt in for the premier trim option and you will not regret it one bit. $400 for better materials and a far better interior. It adds extra stitching and layers to the leather sets, leather console, dash stitching, and more leather on the door panels.

The electronic locking package is one to look at as well, but isn't as "must have" as the Premier Trim.
Thanks! I need to look at that locking option.

OP
OP
timd38

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
If you're a tall guy, you'll have problems with the seat belt. I like to be close to the wheel and the seat belt either cuts my neck or hurts my shoulder.

I don't fit in the back seat, height wise, but my GF who is small can fit very nicely in there, even when I like to drive like I'm watching a movie ( in the back and reclined )
Thanks! I am 6' and my wife won't let me date, so I don't have girl friend, but my wife is 5'6" so maybe she will fit Ok, if we need to use it.

OP
OP
timd38

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
I over killed on it. Coilover, big cam, etc. I store it on a lift in my garage with my Acura below it and a small coffee cup won't fit between rocker panel and ground, so it really isn't practical, plus, it has no backseat at all if I need one!

OP
OP
timd38

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
I over killed on it. Coilover, big cam, etc. I store it on a lift in my garage with my Acura below it and a small coffee cup won't fit between rocker panel and ground, so it really isn't practical, plus, it has no backseat at all if I need one!

Guys on the Corvette Forum don't get why I want a Mustang, I guess they have never driven one.

jpilone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Unless you plan to see track time, you can ditch the recaros. I love mine, but I do track days (not with this car yet, but it will be happening soon). because of the aggressive bolstering, and my OCD kicking in, I put my seat all the way back when getting in and out of the car to avoid wearing out the bolster material.

The stock seats would be far better for you if you aren't going to do track days.

I LOVE my car. Get a bright color and the black roof option, it makes the car stand out!

Sponsored

GTPONY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Oxford white 50 years
Heck for 50k you can probably find one with all the goodies plus supercharged.

jpilone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350

Guys on the Corvette Forum don't get why I want a Mustang, I guess they have never driven one.
I am a service manager at a chevy dealer. A modded corvette is not a practical DD. Now a bone stock automatic C6 would be a great DD. Drive it easy and you'll get 30mpg on the highway with it!

We have a modded '07 here now that spun the #8 rod bearing. Sent metal ell throughout the engine. The extended warranty is not coming out to inspect it and is paying for a new engine! All we had to do was drop the pan and send them a pic of the metal (still a 5 hours job). The owner was grateful as hell.

And surprisingly, no one at work gives me crap for having a mustang (my last car was also a competition orange Mach 1....). They all think it looks better than the Camaro..

dh3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 301a, Auto, Black, Black accent package
With a 50k budget, I would skip tge PP and spend on tire/wheel,suspension,shifter,exhaust upgrades.Also if you are going to stay with the manual I would go with the 3:55 rear. Happy ordering.

OP
OP
timd38

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
With a 50k budget, I would skip tge PP and spend on tire/wheel,suspension,shifter,exhaust upgrades.Also if you are going to stay with the manual I would go with the 3:55 rear. Happy ordering.
I have a really bad rule, I don't mess with my daily transportation!

I didn't think that I could get 3:55 gears with the PP! I would prefer those since the gas tank is so small. I have 3:73's in my other car and I stop for gas way to often.

jpilone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
You can't get any other gear than 3.73 with the performance package unfortunately. at 80mph, my car is doing 2,400 rpm IIRC.

You *could* get the fort performance handling pack in the deal, and have the dealer install it before you take delivery, and wrap it into the whole package.... You just won't have the 6 piston brakes and the PP wheels, or the PP gauges..

On second thought...

Get the damn PP and live with the 3.73s...
Sponsored