Sponsored

What to add factory subwoofer to trunk.

Robertp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt and 03 and 04 terminater
So yours has the 40 pin as well if so u should be golden, I may be wrong but on the dsp modules the ones that end in bp or Bn are wrong I’m certain u need the cp or cn one I called my ford guy with number to verify it was correct as there engineering numbers, and I’ll post the other part numbers tomorrow, as it’s bolted in just like factory I’m waiting on my lower speaker cover and my shaker badge in front of shifter, it’s intersecting that your 301 car has the harness must be a 18 thing as the shaker is only a option on premium cars in 18 but I’m guessing u have the 9 speaker system, I prolly spent 2 hours doing it all today and I’m slow as I have bad knees but I’m extremely excited at how it turned out I can post pic of a freinds 17 gt I took pics of on the carpet but I cut much less than the factory had cut for it to all work
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Robert,

Thanks for additional pics/info. The harness coming out of your blue connector in the pic, where does the other end of it go (it’s cut off in pic), is it going towards tail light panel?

Is your 2018 equipped with the 300A Equipment Group?

I’ll have to peel back my carpet again and look, but I’m almost certain I did not see that connector the first go around... and my 2018 is definitely a Premium, w/SYNC3 and the 9spkr system.

Robertp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Robert,

Thanks for additional pics/info. The harness coming out of your blue connector in the pic, where does the other end of it go (it’s cut off in pic), is it going towards tail light panel?

Is your 2018 equipped with the 300A Equipment Group?

I’ll have to peel back my carpet again and look, but I’m almost certain I did not see that connector the first go around... and my 2018 is definitely a Premium, w/SYNC3 and the 9spkr system.

Mine is a 400a the harness came from ford it goes out thru the carpet to the amp the other end was on the car aready I bought the small sub harness here is the pic
8827F6B5-846E-4ACD-B140-840ED9D1D1F3.jpeg

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
Well, I pulled the trigger on the sub and amp. $250 in so far. Now I just need to get the wiring harness.

On a side note... What speakers are we lacking in the 9 speaker system? There are two more (+ sub) in the shaker pro that we don't have. I figured now with the new amp, we might as well add those other two as well. The wiring for them might be there too, just like the sub.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
OK, knowing it will work for those with 18’s+, need a walk through with part #s, additional wiring etc for us chumps with previous years! I know aftermarket is available, but want the seamless integrated look.

Sponsored

Robertp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I pulled the trigger on the sub and amp. $250 in so far. Now I just need to get the wiring harness.

On a side note... What speakers are we lacking in the 9 speaker system? There are two more (+ sub) in the shaker pro that we don't have. I figured now with the new amp, we might as well add those other two as well. The wiring for them might be there too, just like the sub.

Actually the 2 other speakers are tweeters on the rear deck on top of the 2 speakers so it’s badicslly bull crap that shouldant even count so there is ant actually a location for them haha
OK, knowing it will work for those with 18’s+, need a walk through with part #s, additional wiring etc for us chumps with previous years! I know aftermarket is available, but want the seamless integrated look.
for previous years you will need to run the wires to the truck basically from the dsp module to the rear amp im gonna post more info in a bit and start a new thread

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually the 2 other speakers are tweeters on the rear deck on top of the 2 speakers so it’s badicslly bull crap that shouldant even count so there is ant actually a location for them haha
I got it now, thanks. I know very little about audio. I actually did some more research on the rear deck speakers. Something to ask you. It seems as the coax speakers, in the rear deck on the shaker pro, are 2 ohm speakers. Mine (and most likely yours) are 4 ohm on the 9 speaker system. Since we are adding the shaker pro amp up front, is there any concern here? Are we going to over or under power the rear deck, since the amp was meant for 2 ohm speakers? Or am I just over analyzing all this?

Robertp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would say no as I’d say mine sounds way better in from the other speakers as well, guy on here I asked about he said there will be no notcialble difference changing the rear speakers

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
ill say this for the hater that said it wouldant work, u are a idiot

Up and running
Well, I was going to eat my words, say great work and nice reasearch.
But, I'll just say G.F.Y.

Robertp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I knew it would work once I saw the wiring, but that’s how I roll, I would have added it to a 15-17 to just prove u wrong

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I’m the man I’ll leave it at that
I'll give it to you, you are the man, but it would absolutely not have worked on the 15-17. The wiring is just not there.

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RobertP gets all the credit here for sure. I assumed that our cars were the same as 15-17s too.

Anyhow, for those looking to do this. I had some questions about the shaker pro amps. From all of the research I've done, and like Robert said. The amps ending with BR / BP / BX etc... are all standard amps. The amps ending in CR / CP / CN are all shaker pro amps. Be careful of that when you're shopping on eBay.

Flipside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Oxford White,
Just checked mine. 2018 non premium 301a and that blue connector is missing. ☹

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just checked mine. 2018 non premium 301a and that blue connector is missing. ☹
Wow, that is crazy! What is your build date? Mine is just a GT w/ 301a, PP 1, active exhaust, and auto. I wonder why mine is there but yours isn't?
Sponsored