What package/option is this?

Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
’19 GT PP2, 401A w/Recaros, ’18 Forester XT
Steering wheel stiffness comes in both 300A and 301A. Drive modes with chrome toggle switches and larger screen that’s also a touch screen is 301A only.
Sponsored

Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
’19 GT PP2, 401A w/Recaros, ’18 Forester XT
301A also give you 9 speakers Vs. 6 and My Colour ambient lighting

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

2kblacksleeper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT
I just sold my 2018 GT PP1,

I had the Performance pack, cloth seats, non heated or cooled and i had the big touch screen but no nav. I wanted the large screen so i could run android Auto. I use Waze for maps. Then i don't have to deal with upgrading stuff for the factory nav.

Only issue i ran into was if i had the ford pass app downloaded on my S10+ and tried to use android auto the AA would not work. I had to delete the Pass app to get it to work.

OP
OP

Redkaz04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I just sold my 2018 GT PP1,

I had the Performance pack, cloth seats, non heated or cooled and i had the big touch screen but no nav. I wanted the large screen so i could run android Auto. I use Waze for maps. Then i don't have to deal with upgrading stuff for the factory nav.

Only issue i ran into was if i had the ford pass app downloaded on my S10+ and tried to use android auto the AA would not work. I had to delete the Pass app to get it to work.
how many miles when you sold it? If you don’t mind me asking, What did you get for it?

Sponsored

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
Nope :). Premium has heated and cooled seats, and that car has neither. Plus both cars have CLOTH seats. Finally, the larger screen doesn't necessarily comes with nav, as far as I know. Hopefully an expert will nail it. Ha ha.

Oh, and the first car looks like an older model.
The 401A comes with NAV standard but is an option on any Sync 3 system.

The real value here is the drive modes you have no access to unless you have the larger screen. It's a stupid thing Ford did, locking drive modes behind a radio screen size... what were they thinking? If you think about it, buying a car to use for racing (not uncommon in the Mustang world) and putting ANY non-performance options on it (upgraded stereos for example) is usually a waste of your money. Therefore, it seems incredibly stupid that you only get Drag Mode if you have chosen to upgrade to the larger screen and more speakers.

Am I alone here or does the logic follow?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The 401A comes with NAV standard but is an option on any Sync 3 system.

The real value here is the drive modes you have no access to unless you have the larger screen. It's a stupid thing Ford did, locking drive modes behind a radio screen size... what were they thinking? If you think about it, buying a car to use for racing (not uncommon in the Mustang world) and putting ANY non-performance options on it (upgraded stereos for example) is usually a waste of your money. Therefore, it seems incredibly stupid that you only get Drag Mode if you have chosen to upgrade to the larger screen and more speakers.

Am I alone here or does the logic follow?
Here's the thing with drive modes. With the exception of Drag mode on a 10 speed automatic, they're just throttle mapping changes that don't really do anything, at least on a manual car. MyMode is cool because you can customize every particular setting to your liking, but even then I find in my 300A car that the throttle tuning is perfectly fine for every scenario, I never really feel like I'm missing anything. As much as I agree that Ford is silly for locking them behind that specific upgrade, at the end of the day it's not a big deal.

The more I live with the poverty spec radio, the more I've ended up liking it. For one, the screen isn't touch so it never gets nasty with fingerprints like the GTI I had. Android auto was something I rarely, if ever used, so not having it is irrelevant when I have my phone mounted just above the screen if I need Google maps or something. The bluetooth works well, it can even pull up music playlists from my Google Play music library. The voice commands work fine, and it reads you texts and such when you receive them while driving. And the thing I like most? Physical, tactile buttons for everything, including the climate stack. No dicking with a screen to set your climate.

As much as I like the poverty spec though, if I could redo (and I had known that 301A existed) I would have held out for that. Not so much for the 8 inch screen stack and modes, but more for mycolor and the 9 speaker audio. Mycolor is just neat. And the package is only 2 grand over the base price. For what it includes, it's hard to go wrong. However, one nice thing about 2019 and up 300A cars is that the back end for Sync3, including the wiring, already exists. So installing the 8 inch screen is as simple as buying one and the bezel and plugging it in. There's no other work required, unless you get an APIM from a different car.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Don’t be fooled that just because the vehicle has the (2) center gauges in top dash between vents that it is a PP S550.

Those center gauges can be added to any S550.

You would need to run the VIN and get a copy of the window sticker in order to confirm 100% without any doubt the car was built as a genuine PP....

Just throwing it out there, because there is a monetary difference between a true As Built PP than someone just throwing 2 gauges into the dash.

In the below thread, an M6G member will run VINs for copies of the original window sticker, PM him or post the VINs in that thread. The window sticker will reveal the PP option group at bottom section if they are genuine PP S550’s:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/window-sticker.107986/

Joedag1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Here's the thing with drive modes. With the exception of Drag mode on a 10 speed automatic, they're just throttle mapping changes that don't really do anything, at least on a manual car. MyMode is cool because you can customize every particular setting to your liking, but even then I find in my 300A car that the throttle tuning is perfectly fine for every scenario, I never really feel like I'm missing anything. As much as I agree that Ford is silly for locking them behind that specific upgrade, at the end of the day it's not a big deal.

The more I live with the poverty spec radio, the more I've ended up liking it. For one, the screen isn't touch so it never gets nasty with fingerprints like the GTI I had. Android auto was something I rarely, if ever used, so not having it is irrelevant when I have my phone mounted just above the screen if I need Google maps or something. The bluetooth works well, it can even pull up music playlists from my Google Play music library. The voice commands work fine, and it reads you texts and such when you receive them while driving. And the thing I like most? Physical, tactile buttons for everything, including the climate stack. No dicking with a screen to set your climate.

As much as I like the poverty spec though, if I could redo (and I had known that 301A existed) I would have held out for that. Not so much for the 8 inch screen stack and modes, but more for mycolor and the 9 speaker audio. Mycolor is just neat. And the package is only 2 grand over the base price. For what it includes, it's hard to go wrong. However, one nice thing about 2019 and up 300A cars is that the back end for Sync3, including the wiring, already exists. So installing the 8 inch screen is as simple as buying one and the bezel and plugging it in. There's no other work required, unless you get an APIM from a different car.
I have a 19 300A pp1 6mt this was exactly how I wanted the optioned. I have added a SC10 throttle response controller, Steeda H pipe, Steeda transmission bushing Steeda shifter bushing, hood struts, clutch peddle extension, Steeda 35# clutch spring, K&N air filter, the only option I wish the car had is Magnaride but it was impossible to find a 300A with it. This car puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. For what I paid for this car I think it was a tremendous value. I know a lot of people love all the options you can get on this car and they are awesome. That’s what makes it such great car. You can have an awesome performance car for under $35,000 . You just can’t beat that!

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Top pic is base car.

2nd pic is 301A package.

Assuming nothing but the shifter in the 2nd pic has been changed/modified, in both cars.

Last edited:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
OP

Question; is there a reason why you're considering a used car, when you can get a new car for probably very close to the same price, and at 0% financing?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
OP

Question; is there a reason why you're considering a used car, when you can get a new car for probably very close to the same price, and at 0% financing?
Take a look at the numbers I posted earlier. Even if he could find exactly the same car it would be approx. another $4K. OP wasn't looking to spend that much. As active duty he can get a really good used rate and the balance of the factory warranty. The car only has 7500 miles so it is barely broken in. Sometimes brand new isn't for everyone.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Take a look at the numbers I posted earlier......
You ain't posted no numbers earlier in this thread.

OP, why you no buy new car?