Sponsored

What package/option is this?

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Take a look at the numbers I posted earlier. Even if he could find exactly the same car it would be approx. another $4K. OP wasn't looking to spend that much. As active duty he can get a really good used rate and the balance of the factory warranty. The car only has 7500 miles so it is barely broken in. Sometimes brand new isn't for everyone.
$4k would actually be approximately the amount paid in interest during a 5-6 year loan assuming his interest rate will be 2.95-4%. Ford offering the 0% makes the difference negligible or possibly non-existent pending how low he’s able to talk a dealership down to. It wouldn’t be a waste of time for OP to go to a dealership and get a number on a new car before buying used, IMO: worst case scenario, he can’t afford the new car and still goes with used... or gets COVID from spending time in the dealership... one of those :p
Sponsored

Last edited:

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
Here's the thing with drive modes. With the exception of Drag mode on a 10 speed automatic, they're just throttle mapping changes that don't really do anything, at least on a manual car. MyMode is cool because you can customize every particular setting to your liking, but even then I find in my 300A car that the throttle tuning is perfectly fine for every scenario, I never really feel like I'm missing anything. As much as I agree that Ford is silly for locking them behind that specific upgrade, at the end of the day it's not a big deal.
The A10 is a popular choice, even for enthusiasts, these days. Locking the drag mode behind a radio paywall makes no sense. On a stick car, only the throttle is neutered. When I had an MT-82, this was a welcome neutering for daily driving. Mine was a base and I loved it for the simplicity (Gen 1). The shift points and firmness on an A10 car however, completely changes how the car reacts. It's a much, much bigger deal and Ford should have recognized how stupid it was to arrange their packaging this way.

All that said, I agree with you. On a stick car, it doesn't matter much. On an A10, most owners don't track their cars so Sport should suffice. Lumping a performance mode in with a stereo/comfort/luxury package is just asinine. Not to mention, they didn't explain this to any dealer networks/salespeople so buyers would have an educated purchasing decision. On more than one occasion, I've met someone with an A10 who was pissed they didn't have drag mode because they bought the PP and thought it came with THAT package (like it should have). Now they're stuck with aftermarket tuning being the only option for drag racing applications if they want a better 1/4 mile experience.

The MyMode is cool indeed but I couldn't justify the cost, personally. I did a custom order 400A premium. My priorities were A/C seats (Florida), A10 with drag mode, active exhaust, B&O sound, and black appearance pack. I didn't order it with a spare since it's 150 bucks cheaper to order through american muscle. I also don't prefer the digital dash. I drive at night a lot and I hate seeing a grey washout where deep blacks should be on the screen. It looked cheap. During the day/for track use I'm sure it's great but not for me.