Sponsored

WHAT MODIFICATIONS WILL YOU BE DOING TO YOUR GT350/R

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
No tint, no mods. Just the calipers painted blue to match the blue stripes.
Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I want to do the same but I wonder how well will Xpel, 3M clear bar, and 3M stick on tint hold up after 10 or 20 years.
3M is not the leader for clear bra, and plenty of awesome options for tint besides them also.

Xpel has a 10 year warranty, so I hope that it works well till then. Definitely has to be removed around that time though. That's why I said 6-7k per 10 years isn't that bad. Better than getting rock chips, door dings, bird shit, and paint clayed, polished, waxed every year, I think it's a very worthwhile investment.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Suntek is very good as well, some say better than xpel

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
My first mods will be adding miles. I'll keep adding them until I am satisfied.

Sponsored

bpracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FR-S, 2005 F250
This car will be a stretch for me until I pay off my daily driver. I don't want to do anything that can't be reverted to stock.

Near term:
  • Window tint - hey, it is Texas, gets hot!
  • Clay bar, polish, wax it myself.
  • Alignment to recommended Ford track spec.
  • Dual oil separators, "Bob's".
Longer term:
  • See about fabricating ducts to connect the factory brake cooling to the center of the rotor eye. The track I instruct at is HARD on brakes.
  • 4.10 Gear if they ever make one...
  • Rear seat delete, Ford Perf or Watson
  • Not sure it can be done, but a "no cut" harness bar so I can run my HANS.
  • Extra set of lighter 11x19s and 305/30/19 tires to run square setup. I like the idea of being able to rotate tires.

C7 B8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, '11 Mustang GT
This car will be a stretch for me until I pay off my daily driver. I don't want to do anything that can't be reverted to stock.

Near term:
  • Window tint - hey, it is Texas, gets hot!
  • Clay bar, polish, wax it myself.
  • Alignment to recommended Ford track spec.
  • Dual oil separators, "Bob's".
Longer term:
  • See about fabricating ducts to connect the factory brake cooling to the center of the rotor eye. The track I instruct at is HARD on brakes.
  • 4.10 Gear if they ever make one...
  • Rear seat delete, Ford Perf or Watson
  • Not sure it can be done, but a "no cut" harness bar so I can run my HANS.
  • Extra set of lighter 11x19s and 305/30/19 tires to run square setup. I like the idea of being able to rotate tires.
Interesting...No rollbar and harness bar only?

I run squared on my Coyote. But FP engineers were pretty adamant about running the 350 staggered with FP track alignment. If you run squared, would you also change FP's alignment specs?

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
I don't understand spending $6,500 to protect a paint job that's probably not even worth that much.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I don't understand spending $6,500 to protect a paint job that's probably not even worth that much.
Love black cars, don't really like taking care of it to its full potential. And I rather be driving the car in my spare time than spend the day detailing the exterior. I much rather have the cars original paint pristine, than repainting the entire car. There's only so many times you can clay and Polish the car before you are out of clear coat. 6500 to give me 10 worry free years is worth it.

bpracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FR-S, 2005 F250

I run squared on my Coyote. But FP engineers were pretty adamant about running the 350 staggered with FP track alignment. If you run squared, would you also change FP's alignment specs?
The differences between the R and non-R specs are pretty small. I guess tire temps would dictate where I go from there.

I don't now if a harness bar is possible. They make a well thought out one for my FR-S. I'm not sure if there is a way to use existing seat belt mounts, etc to do it in the S550. I'm hesitant to drill holes and just a rear hoop is pretty marginal addition for safety other than providing a very secure place to mount a multi-point harness.

If I really drive this car 10/10ths often, I would probably have to do fuel cell, six point cage, halo seat, etc, etc. But not until its paid off. I doubt I will ever "race" this car. Just track days. I can run my Formula Ford if I want to really race.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the official company line just to prevent folks from inducing too much oversteer.

C7 B8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, '11 Mustang GT
The differences between the R and non-R specs are pretty small. I guess tire temps would dictate where I go from there.

I don't now if a harness bar is possible. They make a well thought out one for my FR-S. I'm not sure if there is a way to use existing seat belt mounts, etc to do it in the S550. I'm hesitant to drill holes and just a rear hoop is pretty marginal addition for safety other than providing a very secure place to mount a multi-point harness.

If I really drive this car 10/10ths often, I would probably have to do fuel cell, six point cage, halo seat, etc, etc. But not until its paid off. I doubt I will ever "race" this car. Just track days. I can run my Formula Ford if I want to really race.
Vorshlag used a Corbeau harness bar on their s197. They are a good shop.

bpracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FR-S, 2005 F250
Vorshlag used a Corbeau harness bar on their s197. They are a good shop.
Before they moved, they were less than a mile from my house. Vorshlag installed the Swift Racing springs on my FR-S (getting lazy in my old age). I have not been in to tell Terry I have a GT350 on order. I actually sent an email about them making a harness bar to their new products mailbox...