Sponsored

What kind of deal would get you to buy a '14 over a '15?

Boss Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C43C
I was going to say it would have to priced attractive enough where I could flip it and not lose any money so it would have to be discounted pretty heavily to a carmax OTD trade price.

At this stage in the game it would only be to save a buck would I get a s197 or if I was holding out for a specialty model in a year or two and got the Carmax OTD trade in price on a 2014.

The responses are pretty interesting but it certainly shows the low demand for the out going model, not to mention all of the trade in s197's that will saturate the supply further.

Just does not sound good for s197 trade in for the near term.

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Honestly, the only way you could get me into a 2013-14 Mustang at this point would be a GT500 Full loaded between 30-35k.. and at that point it's mainly because it has 662 hp...

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
The comments in here are both delusional and ridiculous, I hope they are mostly sarcastic
Eh, not really. It was always going to be a S550 or another sporty car (new Miata, GTI, etc). I love my 07 but I'm frankly tired of retro looks. Actually I think the S550 could have been pushed even further in terms of design. But even still it looks much better than the current car.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
I'd have to get a GT Premium Roush Stage3 automatic in a color I'd want for $40K to $42K.

That isn't going to happen so sticking with my order. :)

Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'd have to be offered two things:

1) the S197 comes free of charge.
2) a five year supply of antidepressants to cover up my remorse.

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
The comments in here are both delusional and ridiculous, I hope they are mostly sarcastic
None of these Comments are delusional and ridiculous..... We know none of these things will ever happen. It's our own way of saying no deal could get us to switch back UNLESS.. we got one as ridiculous as what we are saying.

Derk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
Well, I visit here because I liked the idea of the 2015. I'm still not happy with the weight/size. I would say I'm not happy with the size/weight of the s197 either. That being said a PP GT in the loooooow 20k's or a Boss in the mid high 20k's.

I love my 03 Mach and no matter how good the '15 is, an S197 is still years better than my Mach.

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Well, I visit here because I liked the idea of the 2015. I'm still not happy with the weight/size. I would say I'm not happy with the size/weight of the s197 either. That being said a PP GT in the loooooow 20k's or a Boss in the mid high 20k's.

Lol I agree.. I always laughed at people saying the 2015 is heavy and they're keeping their 11-14.. The 15 gained not even 100lbs and people cried, but when I mentioned doing a Coyote swapped 5.0 in my 3,200 SN-95 it was suddenly the 400lb weight difference isn't that much and the highest HP wins.

kc3333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 YB Boss, 2012 SGM MCA

I love my 03 Mach and no matter how good the '15 is, an S197 is still years better than my Mach.

That Mach in 03 is an outstanding car. Gorgeous and just the right size.

I love my S197. I am in love with the S550s. And I'm happy to see a thread where people are sticking up for the new Stang. Can't wait to read the owner reviews. I hope to be an S550 owner someday as well.

What is the best to see, is the industry reviews coming in so positive. This hasn't been the case with prior new-gen versions of the Mustang. Seems Ford used to need a few years to get it right. Not this time.

Every time I see a 2015, I just say wow. Now we hear the driving experience matches the looks, esp with the PP.

So ENJOY you lucky SOBs! Delivery dates are right around the corner!

Sponsored

GNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Depends on how much profit I would make on flipping it. The S550 is still leaps and bounds better. What seals the deal is how incredible the 2015 model looks in pictures and in person, and how chunky and old the 2014 looks by comparison.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
I work at a Ford dealership and I am so very happy that so many people are so eager to get a 2015 Mustang. Truth be told, though, we have plenty of customers scrambling to get 2014's before they're sold out currently. I ordered dozens of extra '14's from the factory a few months back anticipating the surge of last minute '14 customers and have been grabbing new '14's from other dealers around the NW when possible. I'm down to just a few '14's now and will be sold out before the '15's get here.

So, my point is that a lot of people love the new '15, but just as many love the '14. They are both great cars and great performance values, just different flavors.

Sent from SYNC in my '14 Mustang GT...

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I work at a Ford dealership and I am so very happy that so many people are so eager to get a 2015 Mustang. Truth be told, though, we have plenty of customers scrambling to get 2014's before they're sold out currently. I ordered dozens of extra '14's from the factory a few months back anticipating the surge of last minute '14 customers and have been grabbing new '14's from other dealers around the NW when possible. I'm down to just a few '14's now and will be sold out before the '15's get here.

So, my point is that a lot of people love the new '15, but just as many love the '14. They are both great cars and great performance values, just different flavors.

Sent from SYNC in my '14 Mustang GT...
Great post!! The '14 is a great car and the '15 is as well. We should all be lucky we have these choices at our disposal :D:love:

GNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
That's true but I was never part of the Mustang faithful and it is the S550 that's pulling me in from the import vehicles that I look towards (and that includes Japanese and German cars), and that's no mean feat. I mean, here is what appears to be an M4 competitor at half the price, and with about 175+ lbs more weight (M4 is 3530lbs, if I'm not mistaken)....

Merle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Merle
Vehicle(s)
2014 RR V6
Great post!! The '14 is a great car and the '15 is as well. We should all be lucky we have these choices at our disposal :D:love:
Here is WHY I traded my 13 for a new 14 V6.

2015 Mustang! What I Don't Like About It SO FAR!
EXTERIOR
The whole Rear End is UGLY! Tail Lights SUCK.
License Plate Area Is Unfinished For The USA.
Back Up Light is a SINGLE Light Located Center Bottom.
Rear Bottom Valance on V6 Is Not Defined.
High Mount Stop Light is RECESSED into Rear Window Where
Rear Window and Roof Meet. LIKE FUSION.
Trunk Lid Lines Cut Across the Bottom of ROOF and Has Keylock.
Mustang Is Not A Vette or Viper. Roof Has Two Bubbles.
HOOD SIDE LINES CUT ALONG FENDER AND OVER at WINDSHIELD!
Side SUCKS! Rocker Panel looks ADD ON. TOO Many Panel Joint
Lines. Like the Rear of Rocker Panel goes up INTO Rear Quarter
Panel. Rocker Panel STICKS OUT to the SIDE and you will STEP
ON IT WHEN YOU EXIT. The Whole SIDE LINES SUCK!
Side GLASS OVER B PILLAR LOOKS STUPID! Pillar LOOKS BETTER!
Mirrors Mounted on Side Of DOORS are FRAGIL and FOLD. WHY?
Standard Wheels SUCK. SO DO ALL BLACK WHEELS. Tires are TOO
WIDE 235/17R55. And HANKOOK AND GOODYEAR Tires are BAD BRANDS.
FRONT END LOOKS OK BUT, Turn Signal/Parking Light Lens are not
Finished on the Bottom.
Under the front is a 4 BALL JOINT SETUP. 2013/2014 is BETTER.
IRS will RIDE BETTER but the LOG REAR END WAS PERFECTED on 13/14.
The IRS has HALF SHAFTS like a FWD Car. I DO NOT WANT HALF SHAFTS!
ENGINE COMPARTMENT
V6 Downgraded to 300HP and DETUNED and has SMALLER, LOWER INTAKE
PLUS 3:15 Rear Gears will DELIVER LESS MPG! (TO SELL ECO 4)
3 BOLT STRUT TOWER. NOT 4 BOLT like MOST MUSTANGS.
BATTERY STORED in a COMPARTMENT at FIREWALL UNDER VENT PANEL.
2011 V6= 5.1 to 60 13.7 in 1/4 @ 102.VS 2015 EB 5.2 13.8 102.
INTERIOR
NO TOGGLE SWITCHES ON V6 CAR. CARBON FIBER LOOK ON DASH.
PUSH BUTTON START. LARGE KEY FOB.
SMALL FONTS used on SPEEDO and TACH PODS. EYEBROWS are TOO SQUARE.
WIPER STALK Moved to Right Side of Steering Wheel. Lights Stalk
Still on Left Side. AUTO LAMPS and AUTO WIPERS.
STEERING WHEEL has TOO MANY BUTTONS UNDER THE SPOKES. PADDLES TO
UPSHIFT or DOWNSHIFT WILL REQUIRE LEFT OR RIGHT HAND to MOVE THEM.
THE + AND - ON THE GEAR SHIFT KNOB ON 13/14 is PUSHED WITH YOUR
THUMB and you can KEEP LOOKING AT THE ROAD OR TACH.
I DO NOT WANT SYNC! or an I-CAR. (GET IT, I PHONE).
Back up Camera is in the REAR VIEW MIRROR on the BASE V6 Car.
TOO MUCH TECH and THOSE ITEMS CANNOT BE DELETED To LOWER PRICE!
HEAD REST are TOO THIN!
Console Cup Holders are NOT COVERED with a LID TO REST YOUR ARM.
DO WE NEED PRNDS Between the PODS and BY THE SHIFTER and ON KNOB?
Tweeter Speakers in A Pillar. Seat Belt Loops on Seat Backs.
Sponsored