Sponsored

What is this suspension squeaking noise?

evotriox88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Pack W/Brembos
This noise is coming from the rear, It's been doing this ever since I got this suspension components installed. It happens when I first accelerate, or go over a speed bump, etc.

I have steeda pro-action shocks and struts, with steeda ultra-lite springs, steeda lca bearings, FP toe rear toe links, FP toe link to knuckle bearings, BMR cradle lockout kit, steeda camber plates, rear billet shock mounts.

I uploaded the video to youtube:

Click here to watch
Sponsored

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Sounds like strut mount rubber binding. From what I’ve read and own experience, those camber plates are noisy. I didn’t have the noises you were having but I had issues with clunking and could not track it down after days of troubleshooting.

replaced them with maximum motor sports C/C plates and the clunking completely went away

OP
OP
evotriox88

evotriox88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like strut mount rubber binding. From what I’ve read and own experience, those camber plates are noisy. I didn’t have the noises you were having but I had issues with clunking and could not track it down after days of troubleshooting.

replaced them with maximum motor sports C/C plates and the clunking completely went away
So I have the steeda shocks and struts but I got J&M rear shock mounts. Think that could be the noise?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
The Steeda camber plates are not noisy when properly installed - We've built them with a spherical bearing that's Teflon coated made of stainless steel and pre-loaded to our specification.

That means that there's no additional noise and no additional harshness from adding these to your car.

OP - I will run this by our lead installer to see if he can provide you with some guidance.

Thank you,

TJ

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
The Steeda camber plates are not noisy when properly installed - We've built them with a spherical bearing that's Teflon coated made of stainless steel and pre-loaded to our specification.

That means that there's no additional noise and no additional harshness from adding these to your car.

OP - I will run this by our lead installer to see if he can provide you with some guidance.

Thank you,

TJ
I get they're not supposed to be noisy, but I properly installed/re-installed them several times (followed instructions to the T) and the issue would not go away. Moreover, I am not the only one who has had this issue, there have been several on this forum with similar issues, some of which have actually went down to Steeda to have them install/troubleshoot with no luck. Not sure if there are faulty sets out there, but this has definitely been an issue (or similar issues) that have come up in in this forum before

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ngs-struts-install-problems-questions.102163/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...mum-motorsports-suspension-components.155346/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/nvh-or-clunk-from-camber-plates.103487/

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We install the camber plates on many of the cars that are brought to our shop & also on the Steeda Performance Vehicles we sell throughout the country. This isn't a widespread occurence.

When Steeda properly installs them - they are not prone to noise/vibrations/harshness.

From your links above ... My Steeda plates were installed 2 weeks ago, absolutely silent

I have seen several people that have zero issues with these plates. I am pretty sure these were assembled incorrectly before me. I will know for sure this weekend.

I have Steeda plates, no clunking because of them.

If they are faulty, then Steeda stands behind their products 100% -

OP
OP
evotriox88

evotriox88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
We install the camber plates on many of the cars that are brought to our shop & also on the Steeda Performance Vehicles we sell throughout the country. This isn't a widespread occurence.

When Steeda properly installs them - they are not prone to noise/vibrations/harshness.

From your links above ... My Steeda plates were installed 2 weeks ago, absolutely silent

I have seen several people that have zero issues with these plates. I am pretty sure these were assembled incorrectly before me. I will know for sure this weekend.

I have Steeda plates, no clunking because of them.

If they are faulty, then Steeda stands behind their products 100% -
The noise I’m hearing is more of a creaking noise. Not sure if you watched the video. It’s coming from the rear left and rear right side of the car. If it’s not the Steeda springs and shocks then the only other thing I can think of would be the J & m rear shock mounts. What do you think?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The noise I’m hearing is more of a creaking noise. Not sure if you watched the video. It’s coming from the rear left and rear right side of the car. If it’s not the Steeda springs and shocks then the only other thing I can think of would be the J & m rear shock mounts. What do you think?
Based on a review from our lead installer - First, if the noise is coming from the rear of the car it is most likely not camber plates. This creak noise not a squeak/rattle noise, like a bushing that is a little too loose or needs to be re-clocked. I would start by checking the four blue sub-frame bolts and work from there. If it was a bearing noise, I would expect it to be a sharp rattle sound.

Let me know if I can help assist further.

TJ

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
@evotriox88 did you ever get this resolved? Mine started doing the same within the last two months. Stock GTPP suspension. Coming from the rear exactly like yours. Mostly happens on uneven ground at very low speeds.

OP
OP
evotriox88

evotriox88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
@evotriox88 did you ever get this resolved? Mine started doing the same within the last two months. Stock GTPP suspension. Coming from the rear exactly like yours. Mostly happens on uneven ground at very low speeds.
Yeah mine as my spring spacers. Got them oiled up and it resolved the issue.
Sponsored