Sponsored

What is it that you love about the Mustang?

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I always liked the Mustang. I think that part of it was that Ford never gave up on it like the other two did with their pony cars. While I liked the retro style that came before it, the S550 is just fabulous and has just enough “DNA” while being modern. Personally, I love my Royal Crimson, as it harkens back to the late ‘60s burgundy, especially in the evening out of direct sunlight. Also, I’m pretty sure Ford dropped it because there seems to have been very little uptake on it, so I’ve never actually seen another one around Toronto in the wild, although I’m aware of a GT convertible via photos on a local Facebook group I’m in. It’s nice to have something unique.
Sponsored

Five_OhGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Mustang GT Premium/'13 Ford Focus ST ST3
Vehicle Showcase
I used to hate Mustangs thanks to brainwashing from my older brothers. It wasn't until I was around 18 years old and working at a tire shop that I really fell in love with them. At the time I was into Japanese cars, I had a 1991 Acura Integra and I dreamed about buying a Nissan 370Z which was brand new at the time.

Two of tire techs bought fox body Mustangs, a red fastback and a white notchback. In particular I loved the look of the white notchback, I couldn't get enough of the sound, the pure acceleration, the fat rear tires and shining chrome exhaust tips. I talked to my dad about helping me buy a Mustang of my own, but he wouldn't agree on a Fox body since he felt they were too old, so I settled on a 1996 Mustang GT. I loved that car for the 4 years I owned it, worked on it quite a bit, but eventually sold it so I could buy a more reliable new base model Focus that was automatic so I could teach my now wife how to drive. I always told myself I would buy another Mustang once I was out of college and established in my career. I sold my 1996 in 2014, and finally bought my current Mustang in 2018.

Now I have my 2018 Mustang GT for the weekend, and a 2013 Focus ST as my daily driver.

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Only car I have ever owned that is almost as much fun driving slow as it is ripping into it.
All other cars are lifeless when driving normally. .
im talking 40 years of different cars , so quite a achievement.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Unlike a lot of you guys I never liked Mustangs, or any kind of Ford for that matter. Been a lifetime GM guy; my Dad worked for GM and I’ve even been a franchised GM dealer. So when I decided to get a ponycar convertible I naturally went looking at Camaros. i couldn’t find what I wanted and a friend suggested I look at Mustangs. I’m so glad I did-I don’t think I’ve ever liked a car this much in my long life!

*I love the looks. Kinda reminds me a bit of a 60s XKE.

*I love the way it runs; it’s pretty darn fast, especially to be bone stock.

*I LOVE the way it sounds! I’d give up my A/C before I would my active exhaust.

In short it reminds me of the best late 60s big block Corvette convertible I ever sat in, but on steroids. I remember so distinctly in the 70s and 80s that we all thought the era of hipo muscle cars was over. Well here it is back, only faster and better!

Sponsored

Cpcloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 6MT
V8 + Manual

New edges are my favorite. I just think the new edge has the right curves.

Beautiful cars when they're modded correctly. Mechanically & aesthetically.

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
For me, it's the glorious engine and arresting design.

The way this generation Mustang looks is, in my opinion, one of the best designed cars of all time.
I hope Ford doesn't mess it up with next gen.

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I've loved Mustangs since my first one, a 1965. My current one is my favorite of the many I've had. Why? Every time I park somewhere I get comments like "I love that car!" Even from other brand owners and several law enforcement folks. Absolutely no regrets on getting this one.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I think I first got interested back around 1967. Friend of mine bought a '67 fastback, 289/4-barrel/4-speed, and some other kid in town had a coupe with the 289/271 motor.

Then there was the original road course oriented Boss 302. It took Ford 35 years to come back to offering anything really comparable, and me a couple of years past that to buy a car that I truly didn't actually need.

Norm

Sponsored

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
Love the looks, sound, power, and comfort.

But the main thing is: It requires me to pay attention when I drive it. That's pretty nuanced, but I actually think it's kind of a big deal. I do appreciate having a car (like my Volvo) that I can drive half asleep while eating a bearclaw, but it's not what I always want.

BTDUBS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I am a big WWII aviation geek and when you let off the throttle at 5k RPM, it sounds like an old radial engine.
Sponsored